4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

CAI + ypipe = very happy me.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 03:54 PM

CAI + ypipe = very happy me.

ok, i just put it on and took it around the street. This is my 2nd ypipe, but I was stock for a year and I forgot what it had felt like !!
The CAI became more "growly", and contrary to what some say, I can definitely feel the improvement in low end. The car feels like it just has more to give at low end. Haven't taken it on the highway yet, but will soon.
My butt dyno is pretty accurate tuned, because I've had my car for more than 110k miles. You will see low end improvement with CAI + ypipe. Now have to put my eibachs on tonight.
Old 05-03-2002, 03:57 PM

Wipe that frown off boi, the eibach installs fun, as long as you take intermissions for ciphers

It only gonna give ya another big smile.
Old 05-03-2002, 07:06 PM

So what CAI and Y-pipe are you using?
Old 05-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Sports Button FTW

Re: CAI + ypipe = very happy me.

Originally posted by hokiemax
ok, i just put it on and took it around the street. This is my 2nd ypipe, but I was stock for a year and I forgot what it had felt like !!
The CAI became more "growly", and contrary to what some say, I can definitely feel the improvement in low end. The car feels like it just has more to give at low end. Haven't taken it on the highway yet, but will soon.
My butt dyno is pretty accurate tuned, because I've had my car for more than 110k miles. You will see low end improvement with CAI + ypipe. Now have to put my eibachs on tonight.
that's great...where are u located? if nearby, when i get mine later this summer and u r still around, would u help me do install for a ehhh minimum fee ?
Old 05-03-2002, 10:28 PM

I'm in DC metro.

Originally posted by meccanoble

that's great...where are u located? if nearby, when i get mine later this summer and u r still around, would u help me do install for a ehhh minimum fee ?
If you were around me, I could definitely help you with stuff. I dont even need a minimum fee, but the thing is, I let a shop install the ypipe. I already tried putting on the ypipe myself, and it's not even funny, it's impossible to do it without a lift or an air tool. I'm gonna do the suspension myself, and I've already done suspension on another maxima, so I know how to do that, but the ypipe install is well worth more than the 70 bucks it cost me. No swearing, no bruised hands, no nothing.

I have no idea how these guys do the ypipes themselves..
Old 05-04-2002, 12:59 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i'm planning on buying a Y-pipe + CAI at the same time down the road and installing them simoltaneously... i am wondering how big my smile will get when I get in the car after i install both at the same time
Old 05-04-2002, 06:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

On the highway you'll notice an even bigger difference. I had my CAI for a year, then added a y pipe. The low end I didn't really notice that much of a change, maybe a little better, but on the highway, it just rolled thru the gears with so much more freedom

DW