4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Questions.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 12:14 AM
LegendLS

Questions.........

Hey all, first time on this. i dont own a maxima, my gf does. Questions I want to ask is:

when do you have to get the timing chain replaced? ever? she is 90+ K miles on her 95 maxima. Heard people say never but is that really the case?

Also weirdest thing happened this week, her antenna goes up when she turns off the radio and goes down when she turns it on.
Idea what it could be?

Also her rpms rarely work. Most of the time they dont, either stuck pass 8000 rpms or stuck on 3000. Sometimes when floored they work again momentarily.
could it be a bad cable?

thanks in advance

Old 05-05-2002, 12:24 AM
LegendLS

The antenna goes up when the radio is on so the reception is greater than if it is down. It looks beat if the antenna is always up, so thats why the wonderful Maximas have an antenna that is hidden when the radio is not on

huh? the problem is the opposite...read the post again

Old 05-05-2002, 08:05 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

The timing chain is designed to have a life of over 200000 miles, so dont worry about that one.

As for the antenna, that sounds like a wiring problem, but you'd just have to take stuff apart to find it.

The instrument cluster is all electronic, so check all the RPM signal wires between the engine, ECU and tach.

Get a Haynes manual.