4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

someone PLEASE tell me the difference!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 02:22 PM

someone PLEASE tell me the difference!

can someone please tell me the difference between these two touring wings besides the fact that one is a real wings west wing?? click on the links below. one is from exoticwooddashes.com and the other from custommaxima.com. the only reason i'm askin is because the one from exoticwooddashes.com is A LOT cheaper.

Wings West Touring Wing

Other one

Old 05-07-2002, 03:05 PM

Re: someone PLEASE tell me the difference!

Originally posted by speedygonzalez
can someone please tell me the difference between these two touring wings besides the fact that one is a real wings west wing?? click on the links below. one is from exoticwooddashes.com and the other from custommaxima.com. the only reason i'm askin is because the one from exoticwooddashes.com is A LOT cheaper.

Wings West Touring Wing

Other one
I would say they look pretty much the same. Sometimes the price is all in the name.

SuDZ
Old 05-07-2002, 03:09 PM

Re: someone PLEASE tell me the difference!

Wings West Touring Wing
Ewwww! What's that thing growing out of the back of that Maxima!?

Anyway, I doubt there is a difference in size/shape/appearance. It looks like the exotic one is just an imitation wings west (or maybe a repackaged WW? I doubt it, though), so as long as you don't have any quality concerns about the exotic one just get it...
Old 05-07-2002, 03:33 PM

papasmurf has a touring wing on his car...its funny to see it flapping like wings of aa bird when he drives
Old 05-07-2002, 03:42 PM

I tend to disagree, i know judging by photos is not the right thing to do but from the looks they are two totally different wings. Angles "look" different and thickness of the wings look different.

Personally ive never liked the look of the west wing touring spoiler. Too much of a steep angle for my taste.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by webboy
I tend to disagree, i know judging by photos is not the right thing to do but from the looks they are two totally different wings. Angles "look" different and thickness of the wings look different.

Personally ive never liked the look of the west wing touring spoiler. Too much of a steep angle for my taste.

so if i were to get a wing, what kind would you guys recommend? what do you like the best? i've seen a max that had a mid wing on it that looked pretty nice, and that guy from apsignworks has a really tight wing...i think the thruster for an I30.

Old 05-07-2002, 07:13 PM

so if i were to get a wing, what kind would you guys recommend? what do you like the best? i've seen a max that had a mid wing on it that looked pretty nice, and that guy from apsignworks has a really tight wing...i think the thruster for an I30.
I'd recommend stock or close to stock. The new Type II's should be cool. I'm not a fan of touring wings, personally... but I think the Mid Wing that WW sells looks okay, but too racy/ricey.

Go with whatever you like best. The pictures there show them on Maxima's, so you should have a good idea.