4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Unbelievable price on brand new KYB AGX+Sprint Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 01:59 PM

Unbelievable price on brand new KYB AGX+Sprint Springs

Hey, I will be selling my max (getting another one) and this is an interesting proposition, it was lowered 2 weeks ago with brand new KYB AGX and Sprint springs. I would rather sell the parts to a maxima enthusiast instead of selling it with the car. The problem is, I have not worked suspension before and do not know how to swap them. The KYB's new are $360, and the springs are ~150, the total is $500 worth of suspension. I'm in Atlanta, if anyone wants to drive down and do the swap back to stock for me (with my help), I will sell the kyb's and sprints together for $275. That is the best price I can do, since If I get a mechanic to take swap it for me and sell the kyb, sprint, on the org, I will get around the same profit (maybe more). The first person to agree to that price has them. A link to a picture of before and after is below, it's amazing. Drivibility with this setup is superb, cornering is excellent. I posted before and after pictures with my 18's.

P.S. The sprints are 2" drops, KYB's are adjustable shocks, best for max, all parts, brand new! I also have other parts for sale, FSTB, RSB, let me know if interested, thanks!!!

stock:

http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/up...aiga/mymax.JPG

with setup:

http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/up...daiga/max1.jpg
Old 05-10-2002, 02:14 PM
lgsmaximaman

Re: Unbelievable price on brand new KYB AGX+Sprint Springs

Originally posted by brodaiga
Hey, I will be selling my max (getting another one) and this is an interesting proposition, it was lowered 2 weeks ago with brand new KYB AGX and Sprint springs. I would rather sell the parts to a maxima enthusiast instead of selling it with the car. The problem is, I have not worked suspension before and do not know how to swap them. The KYB's new are $360, and the springs are ~150, the total is $500 worth of suspension. I'm in Atlanta, if anyone wants to drive down and do the swap back to stock for me (with my help), I will sell the kyb's and sprints together for $275. That is the best price I can do, since If I get a mechanic to take swap it for me and sell the kyb, sprint, on the org, I will get around the same profit (maybe more). The first person to agree to that price has them. A link to a picture of before and after is below, it's amazing. Drivibility with this setup is superb, cornering is excellent. I posted before and after pictures with my 18's.

P.S. The sprints are 2" drops, KYB's are adjustable shocks, best for max, all parts, brand new! I also have other parts for sale, FSTB, RSB, let me know if interested, thanks!!!

hey i live in nh, but i am really interested in the kybs, if i could send u my struts could u then send me urs or send me urs and then i can swap and send mine....just a thought.......let me know..

stock:

http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/up...aiga/mymax.JPG

with setup:

http://www.someplacesomewhere.com/up...daiga/max1.jpg

Old 05-10-2002, 02:21 PM

Re: Unbelievable price on brand new KYB AGX+Sprint Springs

Hey, anyway we can get that deal anywhere else but atlanta? Like, say , Texas?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2002, 05:25 PM

hey, i can sell it to you, but it will be 475+ shipping instead of 275 because the reason the price is so low is that the person buying it would do the labor in taking them off my car for me. Thanks. Anyone who wants to take a roadtrip to Atlanta is welcome too. Working together should not take more than 4 hours. will be a savings for over 200 for you in the process.
Old 05-10-2002, 05:42 PM

How for the FSTB, RSB, shipped to NYC?
Old 05-10-2002, 05:58 PM

FSTB and RSB are new. RSB is addco. FSTB is beautifully polished. RSB is $130 on custommaxima.com and FSTB is $50, I will sell both of them together (brand new) for 170 shipped. The shipping for these items new with the items will put you at around $210, I believe, that's a good savings, considering these parts are brand new, let me know if interested, thanks.
Old 05-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by brodaiga
hey, i can sell it to you, but it will be 475+ shipping instead of 275 because the reason the price is so low is that the person buying it would do the labor in taking them off my car for me. Thanks. Anyone who wants to take a roadtrip to Atlanta is welcome too. Working together should not take more than 4 hours. will be a savings for over 200 for you in the process.

I will be in atlanta Sunday, now you know I know how to do suspension. Ill take them from you!!!! let me know in advance I will be leaving to atlanta tomorrow Saturday my parents live in Atlanta and I do have the impact wrench and tools to remove those springs, all I will need is a jack!!!!they live off the I85 shallowford exit? PM me tonight if you can.
Old 05-10-2002, 09:47 PM
mb1

Originally posted by JAY25

I will be in atlanta Sunday, now you know I know how to do suspension. Ill take them from you!!!! let me know in advance I will be leaving to atlanta tomorrow Saturday my parents live in Atlanta and I do have the impact wrench and tools to remove those springs, all I will need is a jack!!!!they live off the I85 shallowford exit? PM me tonight if you can.

NOOOO!!! you beat me to it.

If anything, I'll take them. I live in ATL.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:33 PM

Originally posted by mb1

NOOOO!!! you beat me to it.

If anything, I'll take them. I live in ATL.
, I got dibs on this first I already emailed him as well, and I have the impact wrench too and spring compressors and the gear wrenches etc...depending if he has a jack I may take my giant Jack to do two sides at a time, should take me no more then 5 hours to do if I dont have a big jack, Ill be expecting your email back Bodaiga.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:39 PM
mb1

Originally posted by JAY25

, I got dibs on this first I already emailed him as well, and I have the impact wrench too and spring compressors and the gear wrenches etc...depending if he has a jack I may take my giant Jack to do two sides at a time, should take me no more then 5 hours to do if I dont have a big jack, Ill be expecting your email back Bodaiga.
You already have a good suspension. Let a poor college boy get in on the deal.

By the way, I have everything I need also.
Old 05-10-2002, 10:55 PM

Originally posted by mb1

You already have a good suspension. Let a poor college boy get in on the deal.

By the way, I have everything I need also.

This is not for me this is for a another member here in New Orleans, other then that I would not even bother to post or even bother with this, but on that same note I will be moving to Atlanta permanently, so I will see you guys up there.