4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Euro / Altezza Lights for Maximas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2000, 01:32 AM

Does anyone know if Euro lights or Altezza lights are availiable for 97+ Maximas? If yes, who makes it?
Old 09-04-2000, 02:21 AM

No one right now..........

.....But there are rumors that APC might
make them. Several weeks ago someone on the
Yahoo BBS started an e-mail campaign to get APC
to make them.
Old 09-04-2000, 03:50 AM

altezzas for a maxima...are u guys serious?...hmmmm...that sounds hella dope..but then people will think maximas are trying to be like hondas..but wait..altezzas are a toyota thing(is300)i'd get them though, in a heartbeat...that is if they are clean..and not all ugly like civic altezzas..
Old 09-07-2000, 09:01 PM

well actually...

a few months back, i tried to make a set of altezzas...here's the story on what happen:

i got a set of '96 tail lamps and a trunk lid from the junk yard. the original plan was to make a set up that would directly plug into the original slot so i can swap out from my '95. after a few schematics and decisions, i decided to shave the lights on the trunk lid and concentrate on the housing on the body of the car. i managed to remove the entire red and orange lense and replaced it with a clear plastic i had molded at a platic shop. it's not like cleared tail lights because of being a cloudy colored lense, these were completely transparent.

i was messing around with trying to wire everything right by removing the turn signal bulb and mount as well as the tail light mount but could not get a clean enough look. i ended up gutting the entire inside of the left unit and sealed it up except for the mount for a 1156 bulb. now, in my spare time, i am fabricating a red lense to mimic the altezzas. i only wished i had an actually altezza or is300 lamp since i am doing it from some pictures i've gathered.

a few problems i've encountered:

wiring has been a hassle and a half. i decided to just use the main lamp as the tail light AND the turn signal. when i though i had it wired, i couldn't use the brake light as well as the turn signal at once. my father who is an electrician is fixing it at the moment so hopefully these will work.

be fore warned. altezza lights are still not legal as they do not reflect red from the side. if these sets do work, you will have to shave the lights on the lid and replace that. someone suggested that i combine the unit off of the trunk lid AND the body into one and cut the trunk lid. problems erose from sealage and water and such so that is scratched. anybody else have any ideas, let me know.
Old 11-04-2000, 03:00 PM
Surge Diesal

Whats APC's email, cause I definetely want to help push these lights.

Old 11-04-2000, 03:54 PM

yeah, I'd like them too, but knowing them, they'll probably only make it for the outside (2 piece) instead of all 4 pieces...
Old 11-04-2000, 04:07 PM
OG

Originally posted by BluethingSE
yeah, I'd like them too, but knowing them, they'll probably only make it for the outside (2 piece) instead of all 4 pieces...
no doubt
Old 11-04-2000, 05:56 PM
Master Will

Altezzas Yeah Man!!!!! COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

You can't take the trunk lenses out without some heavy modding work. The outer lenses would look great to have altezzas. Just plain chrome look with the big red reflector in it and no fake carbon fiber crap either. I like the ones for the Honduh Civics and the Accords hehe. I want some maybe someone could start a list and we could support it like we are doing for the Maxima.org license plates. I emailed apc and no resonse we need to get a heavy order on them so they can make them for us as a group deal and seperate it out like for 95/96 and 97-99 outer tails.
And Romeo I have the same idea about custom making some my self but I haven't started yet I have a different idea though.
Old 11-04-2000, 07:02 PM

Re: Altezzas Yeah Man!!!!! COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Originally posted by metallic97gxe
You can't take the trunk lenses out without some heavy modding work. The outer lenses would look great to have altezzas. Just plain chrome look with the big red reflector in it and no fake carbon fiber crap either. I like the ones for the Honduh Civics and the Accords hehe. I want some maybe someone could start a list and we could support it like we are doing for the Maxima.org license plates. I emailed apc and no resonse we need to get a heavy order on them so they can make them for us as a group deal and seperate it out like for 95/96 and 97-99 outer tails.
And Romeo I have the same idea about custom making some my self but I haven't started yet I have a different idea though.
if anyone want to start a list about asking apc to make the altezza then put my name down because i want a set if possible. i support this movement if someone wants to lead. i've e-mailed them twice w/ no response.
Old 11-04-2000, 07:17 PM
Master Will

Lets do this!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Surge Diesal
Whats APC's email, cause I definetely want to help push these lights.
http://www.4APC.net/email.html

I got apc's email let's send them a bunch of emails and include our years models. Any of you down for this?
Maybe a group deal we need a leader.
Old 11-04-2000, 07:23 PM
Master Will

APC Email Altezzas

I just emailed all of those guys here is what I did.

"I'm from Maxima.org. And we want to ask about a group deal on getting some Altezzas for our cars the outer pieces only. Nissan Maxima 95-95,97-99. I know you make the all clears but we want the Altezzas.
Thank You,William."
Old 11-04-2000, 09:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ny96maxse: your sig is WAAAAY too big.
Old 11-04-2000, 10:04 PM

Re: APC Email Altezzas

"I'm from Maxima.org. And we want to ask about a group deal on getting some Altezzas for our cars the outer pieces only. Nissan Maxima 95-95,97-99. I know you make the all clears but we want the Altezzas.
Thank You,William."
i sent them an email too.
Old 11-05-2000, 12:15 AM

me to

well would not mind to see what they can come up with
Old 11-05-2000, 08:35 AM

Re: APC Email Altezzas

Thank You,William."
hey what do u mean the outer pieces only. i don't like having anything half done. if there are to be some altezza created for the max then it should be all four pieces. not like the clears only the outer pieces. if they come out with altezza for the max and it's only for the outer i don't think i would be down with that. but if it's all four then i'm in. sorree if there are some conflict of interest.
Old 11-05-2000, 09:43 AM
Master Will

Re: Re: APC Email Altezzas

Originally posted by Yellowbrother

Thank You,William."
hey what do u mean the outer pieces only. i don't like having anything half done. if there are to be some altezza created for the max then it should be all four pieces. not like the clears only the outer pieces. if they come out with altezza for the max and it's only for the outer i don't think i would be down with that. but if it's all four then i'm in. sorree if there are some conflict of interest.

Can you take your inner pieces out on the trunk? No you can't. They are made into the trunk. It will be easier to just replace the outers with the Altezzas
Old 11-05-2000, 04:05 PM
Surge Diesal

Thanks for the lead, I just finished hitting them up.

Old 11-05-2000, 04:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: APC Email Altezzas

Thank You,William."

Can you take your inner pieces out on the trunk? No you can't. They are made into the trunk. It will be easier to just replace the outers with the Altezzas
i don't know what year u got but my 95 i can take all four pieces out. i know because i have done it before.
Old 11-05-2000, 05:23 PM
Master Will

Re: Re: Re: Re: APC Email Altezzas

Thank You,William."

OK. Cool when you email them ask for the 4 pieces ask for 95/96. The 97-99 can be taken out to but what kind of plan would it be? What idea do you have for the inners for your car being Altezzas. What about the backup light? If you got them for the outers only it would have the red circle lens for the brake light and then in the bottom like all of us 97-99 owners it would be clear for a yellow bulb blinker. How are you wanting the Altezza to look for the inners. Just curious you could be on to something.
After all this is not a go. We are just trying. Looks like though if it was easy the they would make all 4 pieces instead of just two like when they made the all clears. When they make the Honduhs and Acuruhs the make all the pieces even for the trunk HUH not fair!
Hopefully we can get this done COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

i don't know what year u got but my 95 i can take all four pieces out. i know because i have done it before.
Old 11-05-2000, 05:52 PM
Master Will

Poll

If we get then what background color so we chose? Chrome,black,carbon fiber.
Old 11-05-2000, 07:25 PM

I would get those lights for my MAX if they looked good on it of course. I just emailed all 4 of them with the same as all of them so hopefully if we get enough people to email them they would start to make it for us. All we need is to get a lot of us people to email them and bug them.

Christopher
Old 11-05-2000, 08:23 PM

LISTEN EVRYONE!!!

Originally posted by gotricefo
Does anyone know if Euro lights or Altezza lights are availiable for 97+ Maximas? If yes, who makes it?
HEY I THINK THAT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO E-MAIL APC AND BUGG THE HELL OUT OF THEM TO MAKE THESE LIGHTS FOR THE MAXIMA BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING THESE LIGHTS FOR ALL SORTS OF CARS EXCEPT FOR THE MAXIMA. COMMON EVRYONE JUS E-MAIL THEM AND ASK FOR THEM! THE MORE EMAILS, THE BETTER! WE NEED TO DO THE SAME FOR BODY KITS ALSO , BUT I DUNNO WHO TO ASK ABOUT THAT ISSUE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO TO GO TO ABOUT KITS???
Old 11-05-2000, 09:18 PM

Im attempting to do the same thing for a 2k Maxima Wings West Kit. Wings West told me if i can get 100 people to sign something, they would design and produce. So i started a website just to accomplish this. I'm tryin to get 100 people to sign the guestlist. I'd consider doing the same thing for taillights too. Hmmmmmmmmm
http://pittsburghmaxima.homestead.com
Old 11-05-2000, 09:56 PM

Re: LISTEN EVRYONE!!!

Originally posted by WhteMax
Originally posted by gotricefo
HEY I THINK THAT EVERYBODY NEEDS TO E-MAIL APC AND BUGG THE HELL OUT OF THEM TO MAKE THESE LIGHTS FOR THE MAXIMA BECAUSE THEY ARE MAKING THESE LIGHTS FOR ALL SORTS OF CARS EXCEPT FOR THE MAXIMA. COMMON EVRYONE JUS E-MAIL THEM AND ASK FOR THEM! THE MORE EMAILS, THE BETTER! WE NEED TO DO THE SAME FOR BODY KITS ALSO , BUT I DUNNO WHO TO ASK ABOUT THAT ISSUE. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO TO GO TO ABOUT KITS???
i will send another email
Old 11-05-2000, 09:59 PM

Originally posted by capmaxima99
I would get those lights for my MAX if they looked good on it of course. I just emailed all 4 of them with the same as all of them so hopefully if we get enough people to email them they would start to make it for us. All we need is to get a lot of us people to email them and bug them.

Christopher
yes i would like to have the 4pcs. in chrome
Old 11-05-2000, 11:35 PM

well, I emailed them too, and recommended the 4 piece kit. I think it would look the best with the chrome background. Everybody email them so we can see what will happen???
Old 11-06-2000, 01:51 AM
Che

yeah

i think that it would look nice if we could get the 4 pc tails....the 2 piece would look mad ugly what with the inners still red/white.....just way wack.....if we can get the 4 pc altezza, the inner lights would be backup lights....that simple. anyway, if we can get it, I'm in for sure......if for no other reason but to set my g-ride apart from every other max.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:44 PM

WHat happened? Did APC make them? Could we get it in carbon fiber?
Old 02-04-2002, 07:50 PM

old skool thread!..

anyway you can get altezzas at

www.ebay.com
www.custommaxima.com
www.autodynamic.com
www.procarparts.com
www.EVERYWHEREONTHEPLANET.com