4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Is there an easy way to make my parking lights flash with my aftermarket keyless?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 07:51 AM

Is there an easy way to make my parking lights flash with my aftermarket keyless?

when I got my car the OEM remote never worked, tried to program it but it never worked ( tried several remotes, still no good). So I got an aftermarket Viper Keyless entry ( no alarm). I wanted to know if there is an easy way to make this keyless flash the parking lights like how the OEM alarm does. Thanks

Kevin
Old 05-21-2002, 10:14 AM

Re: Is there an easy way to make my parking lights flash with my aftermarket keyless?

Originally posted by Kevin
when I got my car the OEM remote never worked, tried to program it but it never worked ( tried several remotes, still no good). So I got an aftermarket Viper Keyless entry ( no alarm). I wanted to know if there is an easy way to make this keyless flash the parking lights like how the OEM alarm does. Thanks

Kevin
Yes, there is. But, first you need the manual from your alarm. Did they give it to you?
Old 05-21-2002, 10:45 AM

yes I do have the manual. how would I do it?

Kevin
Old 05-21-2002, 01:09 PM

OK. First of all you have to find out if the alarm has this option. The only way to do that is to read the manual. If it has this option, then find the page that has a diagram or a page that tells you the color of the wires and what the wires are for. You should be able to find a wire that is set a side for the lights. It should have a +positive current, but only when you press the button off & on.
You following me so far?
Old 07-16-2002, 08:05 PM

Originally posted by maxtrax
OK. First of all you have to find out if the alarm has this option. The only way to do that is to read the manual. If it has this option, then find the page that has a diagram or a page that tells you the color of the wires and what the wires are for. You should be able to find a wire that is set a side for the lights. It should have a +positive current, but only when you press the button off & on.
You following me so far?
yes my unit does have the option for this. Now I'd like to know where do I have to connect that wire too?

KEvin
Old 07-16-2002, 08:11 PM

yes my unit does have the option for this. Now I'd like to know where do I have to connect that wire too?

KEvin
Also that wire has a negative current, not positive.

KEvin
Old 07-17-2002, 08:54 AM

Also that wire has a negative current, not positive.

KEvin
You said it a Negative curent, right? Is it a constant current or a momentary ccurrent. It has to be a momentary to work.
On my alarm it was a positive current. I don't know if it will be a problem, but you can still try it.
OK, what you need to do is pull out a parking light, and determine which wire is positive and negative. You'll need a light tester. If needed, turn on light switch but ,be careful not to cause a short.
OK, now this test will determine if it will be possible or not. With the light switch OFF, test to see of the Positive wire has current. Do this by putting the clip from the tester on the Negative pole of the battery. With the other end, pierce the Positive wire. If the tester lights up or shows current, then it will work. Just join the Negative wire from alarm to negative wire of parking light.
If it does not show current, than it will not work this way. You will have to install a relay switch, and that's a lot more wires.