4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Spring suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2002, 11:09 PM

Spring suggestions

You guys need to help me decide what springs to buy with my AGX suspension.. I dont want something so stiff that i wont enjoy driving my car or people wont want to ride with me, I would like more of a drop than the h&r's.. How bout sprint springs? I guess i cant decide if i want looks, or a better ride.. Ive heard the car gets bouncyand, "looks like a car that has been lowered" if you drop it too much
Old 05-24-2002, 01:04 AM

Get Intrax

Andrei
Old 05-24-2002, 06:00 AM

Hi, I just put AGX and H&R's in my 98 and I love it. I also set the AGX to the softest setting. I am not joe racer everyday so I dont need me car to be ultra stiff. I am putting 18's on in a week or so and I think that the car will sit very nice. It sits nice now with stock 16". Just my opinion though. Remember, you drive your max everyday. You dont want a frog for a car just cuz it sits a little lower.
Old 05-25-2002, 06:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sprints.

I will not deny they are bumpy and bouncy on bad roads, but on smooth roads you can't beat them. Not only do they look good, but the handling is out of this world. I remember back to when I just had my rims and Sprints (no RSB, FSTB), and WOW was I surprised by the handling. Then I slapped those bars on and now I take every drive to work as a Slalom.
-Cyrus
Old 05-25-2002, 06:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Sprints.

Originally posted by Vyrus
I will not deny they are bumpy and bouncy on bad roads, but on smooth roads you can't beat them. Not only do they look good, but the handling is out of this world. I remember back to when I just had my rims and Sprints (no RSB, FSTB), and WOW was I surprised by the handling. Then I slapped those bars on and now I take every drive to work as a Slalom.
-Cyrus

I agree go sprints, why sprints? your rims will sit so nice and snug in the giant fenderwells you will be stared at every red light.
Do it right the first time go sprints, dont wuss out and besides your getting adjustable shocks, just adjust rebound for a softer ride.
Old 05-25-2002, 07:00 AM

Re: Re: Sprints.

Originally posted by JAY25

I agree go sprints, why sprints? your rims will sit so nice and snug in the giant fenderwells you will be stared at every red light.
Do it right the first time go sprints, dont wuss out and besides your getting adjustable shocks, just adjust rebound for a softer ride.
if you want a nice ride i would go with the h&r.
Old 05-25-2002, 11:16 AM

Don't hesitate to drop

I'm considerably older than most of the members on this board. (45)
I dropped a 95 SE with B&G' springs and KYB AGX's. I've got a front strut tower brace and Addco Rear Sway Bar, 16" rims and Continental Touring Tires.

I'm keeping my max as a second car forever. I can afford to buy a more expensive car, but the Max is my "real" car.

Contrary to what others say, the ride is really smooth. I have my AGX's set at "2" in the front and "3" in the rear. The car executes handling maneuvers flawlessly. I have never found the ride to be rough, jarring, harsh, or uncomfortable unless I'm on broken pavement (and this is momentary at most). If the roads you drive are generally good, you should treat yourself to this mod. The car feels like a four door sports car. The car looks really sleek when its dropped. It's quieter too, and the cornering feels flatter (no body lean or yaw at all) The braking is better too because there's less inertia to stop.

Highways are a joy. Exit ramps and sweeping turns will excite your enthusiast passions. The car feels more planted but still has that light feel. When I take corners at 50 mph, the tires emit no squeal whatsover and I have no oversteer at all. You'll think you're in a BMW 330 weighing less. I highly recommend B&G's as I have not read one negative post about them on this website.

I wholeheartedly recommend this upgrade to those who want to radically enhance the handling of a 4th gen Maxima.
Old 05-26-2002, 10:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I love my AGX/H&R setup. I know you want more of a drop, but the AGX/H&R setup is a very sweet ride on my 96 GLE. I used to own a 95 SE (stock suspension) and the AGX/H&R setup is a little tighter than the SE, plus it's not harsh and the drop is just right for me.