4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Maxima's own Dialect

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 02:12 PM

Maxima's own Dialect

Since this forum is growing with people from different places I think It would be a good idea to post in the FAQ's a dictionary of the Maxima Forum Dialect.

For example I'm from Puerto Rico and English is not my first language. I've been able to understand most of the abreviations and expressions but to this day I have no idea what "LOL" means. And I think that "RICE" applies to small race car wannabies, but I just can't get the etimology of the word.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-28-2002, 02:57 PM

LOL = Laugh Outloud

What is rice or not is really personal opinion, some think altezzas are ricey, some don't. A GT-R sticker on a Maxima SE is rice (even though it does add around 125wph *please note actual #'s may vary depending on color of sticker)

Click here for a definition of rice boy: http://www.riceboypage.com/what_is_riceboy/
Old 05-28-2002, 03:01 PM

Re: Maxima's own Dialect

Originally posted by GreenSE
Since this forum is growing with people from different places I think It would be a good idea to post in the FAQ's a dictionary of the Maxima Forum Dialect.

For example I'm from Puerto Rico and English is not my first language. I've been able to understand most of the abreviations and expressions but to this day I have no idea what "LOL" means. And I think that "RICE" applies to small race car wannabies, but I just can't get the etimology of the word.

Any help would be appreciated.
Boricua, what's up....

LOL...means laugh out loud. Since we cant see anyones expressions here, we try and write like we would be talking face to face.

Rice...refers to anyone who puts on gaudy, all show no go, looks fast but isn't, loud but don't go, loud colors, ugly combo of accesories. Basically it refers to someone who's car is all ugly show and no go.

Most of the time people try to abbr. so they don't have to type that much. Like me. Just read either the subject or the entire thread and you will probably figure out what MAF, CAI, HAI, OSCAI, TB, VB mod, FP, EGT, N2O, etc, etc. About 90% of the time either the subject or the thread will let you know what the abbr. is. If not, just ask someone. They'll tell you.

BTW, PRPmax in the SE forum is also a Boricua. Give him a shout.