4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2000, 09:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hello..I'm going to buy 17" Nissan Rims and tires from 2000 SE next week, and i have a 97 GXE right now. Before i buy them, my question is whether it will be just swap and drive or will i end up having to realign my wheels, etc and change camber or will it work perfectly right away. Also, im interested in dropping the car about 2 inches. I want ride smoother than stock if that's possible , if its going to be harsher i might as well stay with the stock suspension. I hear H&R springs are pretty soft. Anybody that actually has these can you please tell me the difference it made for you vs. the stock springs, ride quality, noise, handling, etc. Basically what i want is the smoothest, quitest ride possible. Without breaking the bank of course. thanks a lot guys.
Old 12-01-2000, 09:31 PM
ryz

the wheels should be plug and play !the most that should be needed is balancing ;on the spring issue i just installed progress sport springs 1.7 front 1.5 rear nice ride got them at http://www.lightningmotorsports.com/
The car has even wheel well space in the front and back .I am loving them
Old 12-01-2000, 11:38 PM

re: wheels & springs>>

Like ryz said, the wheels should just go right on with no other modification necessary, and they should already be balanced *if* they were on a well maintained car.

The springs...
I think the main idea of most aftermarket spring sets is to provide a more aggressive ride. Lowering springs pretty much *have to* be stiffer, otherwise your wheels would hit the wheel wells on bumps. That's just simple physics... if there's a shorter distance for the spring to travel, it must be firmer.
I've heard some folks describe the H&R's & Intrax as "soft", but I think that's in contrast to the Eibach Pro Kit. Right, so what that means is, no matter which springs u get, they're gonna be firmer than stock. Unfortunately, the only viable way to lower the car is with performance springs, so if you want it lowered and don't wanna sacrifice smoothness too much, go with H&R's. If you want lowered and no sacrifice, then you're outta luck.

Hope that helps

Justin
Old 12-01-2000, 11:49 PM

Hey Sweetsound,

is there any way I could get some 2K wheels like you did? I am desperatly trying to find them but it seems every one wants like $1000 for them used,Just curios how much are you picking yours up for and do they have tires,sorry for all ??? but just trying to see what others are paying for them.Thanks a lot.
Old 12-02-2000, 05:38 AM

hey ryz, i am getting progress sport springs. do you have a pic of you car with them on? if you do email me or somethin.
Old 12-02-2000, 06:04 AM
ryz

SORRY

No pictures yet maybe next week