4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Attn JustMax on Girlfriends

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2000, 12:10 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

i think this is quite funny and deserves its own thread. You asked about what our Girlfriends breaking points are when we are driving.

i don't know if anybody else knows much about animals (Studying to be a Vet Tech) but my girlfriend does this thing where she leans up, usually to one side, eyes get all bugged out and she starts almost hyperventilating. This Reminds me exactly of what Iguanas do when they get pissed off or startled. i call it Iguana action and it usually happens near large trucks, past 85, cornering too quick and tailgating the jerk that almost killed you that cut you off
(don't do that by the way...ok TRY not to do that.)

Anybody else expereince similar breakdowns from girlfriends
(or boyfriends, there are a few Ladies that own Killer Max's)

ohh by the way, i know this should be off topic but its down so bare with me.
Old 12-03-2000, 12:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

LOL !!!

Thats a funny A$$ story,I know exactly what you are talking about haha!!
Old 12-03-2000, 08:07 AM

Originally posted by emax95
freeks out if I floor it any where.It pisses me off but so I just crank the stereo and floor it and then the complaning stops or at least I can't here it haha,maybe this is why I don't have a GF HAHA!
LOL! that's cool! and it doesn't get better... once you get another girlfriend she'll start comparing how much you spend on her vs. mods for the max... its a lose lose (which is why my girlfriend thinks you can't buy a mod for a maxima over $100) hehe...
Old 12-03-2000, 09:55 AM

its 90+

my woman starts trippin at 90mph talkin bout, (read with a girlie voice)"why are you driving so fast." and "You always lag just so you can drive fast to where you need to be." and damn, i know there are more but i cant think of it right now.
Old 12-03-2000, 10:21 AM

HAHA Iguana Action!!

that's hilarious! My girl hears me talkin' sh*t about riceboys all the time. Here in Austin, they *ALL* ride around in accords & civics 1" off the ground with racing stripes and cantaloupe launcher exhausts. I give 'em all a go whenever possible, so I think it's the frequency that got her used to it. When we're on the freeway, she'll point out a particularly ugly example and laugh. I'll be "let's see what he's *really* got" and she'll go "well he already passed you, what are you waiting for?". YEAH BABY!! IT'S ON!!

Oh yeah, and the vato's rolling in Corollas and Neons with tiny little wheels spaced out so they're not inside the wheel well... she always gets a giggle outta those guys when they try to race me... it's always over in about 5 seconds, no matter which gear.

She knows I'm not gonna be driving 140 mph on the freeway, I almost always shut down before 5th gear. I'm not stupid (I think). Anyways, I guess the more you show your girls how capable your car is, and the more you race it, the more they get used to it. I'm an aggressive driver and she knows going fast is sometimes a part of that. I'm serious, we were on a highway and had to get across 4 lanes to our exit, but we were stuck going 35 behind 2 lanes of slow traffic (in the left lanes, of course). So I dropped into second flew around the slow guys, and eased it into third at 60mph by the time the exit came up. I swear she actually said "that was bad ***!"!!!! She has an old 4cyl Grand Am, so that prolly had something to do with it, but still. Women can be conditioned to appreciate our driving characteristics, just keep at it guys.

Like someone else on this board says...
"drive it like you stole it" and I'll add "even if your girl is with you"

Justin