4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

any substitutes for gaskets on y-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 01:04 AM
Sports Button FTW

any substitutes for gaskets on y-pipe?

i got y-pipe and i would like to install tomorrow but being that warspeed is re****youlously slow with their deliveries i won't be able to get a little a$$ gasket till who knows when...i did order by phone 2 weeks ago and although they say it is being sent and only takes 2-4 days, my planning is totally off cause of this....good company but as we already knew...their deliveries suck due to their massive business....

anyway, not to bad mouth them (they cool)...is there any substitute for gaskets just in case they don't deliver to me until i turn 22...i'm going to take my y-pipe to meineke or something and maybe they can just put it on with something they have? what can i do?
Old 06-07-2002, 03:07 AM

Re: any substitutes for gaskets on y-pipe?

Originally posted by meccanoble
i got y-pipe and i would like to install tomorrow but being that warspeed is re****youlously slow with their deliveries i won't be able to get a little a$$ gasket till who knows when...i did order by phone 2 weeks ago and although they say it is being sent and only takes 2-4 days, my planning is totally off cause of this....good company but as we already knew...their deliveries suck due to their massive business....

anyway, not to bad mouth them (they cool)...is there any substitute for gaskets just in case they don't deliver to me until i turn 22...i'm going to take my y-pipe to meineke or something and maybe they can just put it on with something they have? what can i do?
when I was at Midas muffler, they had tons of gaskets and crush rings in the back so maybe they can find the appropriate sized crush rings for ya. I reused my cat gaskets a few times without any problems so I wouldnt worry about those ones.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:26 AM
Former Sponsor

pick a pair up from the dealership they cost like 6 bucks or somthing hehe
try Midas first... when u bolt it back up u mite wana use some silicone or something to hold the ring in place when u bolt it back up.. if it slips a bit and u bolt back up and crush it wrong... say hello to an ANNOYING exhaust leak
Old 06-07-2002, 07:26 AM
Sports Button FTW

wow....ok, and i'm here waiting on this dag on warspeed one...is it better caust its exact fit?

and i have a small crack on my pipe and my friend said i can just weld it since crack didn't go all the way through...is that gonna make everything ok and how much would that cost off hand?
Old 06-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by meccanoble
wow....ok, and i'm here waiting on this dag on warspeed one...is it better caust its exact fit?

and i have a small crack on my pipe and my friend said i can just weld it since crack didn't go all the way through...is that gonna make everything ok and how much would that cost off hand?
any crush seals that are the right diameter would work fine... Nissan just charges hella for theirs but u know they fit

about the welding, couldnt you tell Warpspeed about it? if not it shouldnt cost much to have it shut... 20 bucks?
Old 06-07-2002, 02:00 PM

lol i think i got ripped i handed over a 20 bill for a gasket one time DOH!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2002, 02:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by sil SE
lol i think i got ripped i handed over a 20 bill for a gasket one time DOH!!!!!!!
I think Nissan charges about 6 bucks for the cat gasket....20 bucks?!? Maybe it's a titanium one...