4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What would you do??

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 10:41 AM

What would you do??

Last friday I went over to SouthWest Auto Works and bough a cold air intake and the altezzas for my max. Anyways i put on the tailights and the wires were all ****ed up, the lights kinda went out every little while(if the car moved) the bulbs in the bottom wouldnt turn on at all, and the brake ligths didnt work at all!! not even the 3rd brake light in the inside of the car. Well i called SW auto but they were closed already, and then i got rear ended by some truck. i was at a light and the truck slammed in the back of me, and took off. He pushed me hard enough to send me to the other side off the intersection. Of course the truck took off like a bat outa hell. It smashed the trunk (wont close anymore) the rear bumper on passanger side, pass side 1/4 panel got pushed in about a foot and a half. broke both lights on pass side, and bent the muffler. I dont blame the accident on SW Auto. but i think he could at least hook me up with new lights for the pass side, and new wires(ones that work this time) i havent talked to him yet, but i wanted to know what u guys think about this first. As for my car hopefully the insurance will cover it but i do have a $500 deductible. Im so ****ing mad about this... thanks for your opinions. Oh and by the way SW auto has good prices, I got the lights and the intake for about $415.00. Is that good. I thought so.
Old 06-12-2002, 11:24 AM

I don't think you should expect SW Auto to "hook you up" with anything. If you were driving w/ no brake lights, then it's your fault, no questions asked. Try to make your taillights work as best you can b4 you take it to the insurance people, becuase if they see all that damage and non-working tails, they'll do the math and you'll get *NOTHING*. Have the insurance give you an estimate, cut you a check (minus your ded.), and try to get everything fixed and buy new (ACK!) Altezzas.

Good luck.