4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I installed custom intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 03:15 PM

I installed custom intake

and now the service engine light is on
MY CAR SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
i love my car but damn it, its causing soo many problems
and im sooo broke
i put the intake on and that piping
i put the breather
i dont know the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!11
anyone with any problems similar
Old 06-13-2002, 03:22 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: I installed custom intake

Originally posted by Amendemula
and now the service engine light is on
MY CAR SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
i love my car but damn it, its causing soo many problems
and im sooo broke
i put the intake on and that piping
i put the breather
i dont know the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!11
anyone with any problems similar

Did EVERY hose/sensor get a good home?

Custom huh.. double check to make sure it ain't loose?

Rest ECU? Come back?
Old 06-13-2002, 07:32 PM

try checking the ECU for codes...if its 0102 (MAF), then just recheck your connections and see if there is any leaks, and then reconnect all the hoses and connections.....its probably nothing to worry about
Old 06-13-2002, 07:36 PM

where in fl are you?
Old 06-13-2002, 07:42 PM

You broke it? ie, the car is not functioning the way it's suppose to, or the CEL engine came on.

My CEL is always on .. Broken rear O2 sensor. No big deal. However, I've also had the CEL come on during my intake install, and it's because I took my MAF sensor apart and when I put it back together again, the prongs inside got a little bent out of place and weren't connected properly. The result being: A car that would sputter, gasp, and eventually die after starting it up.

If you're getting the same problem, then it's your maf sensor. I don't recommend tearing it open and trying to fix it, but it can be an expensive part to replace if you have no cash. I had a buddy hook me up with one for $65 (dealership wanted like $3-400). Take a search for broken maf sensors and check how people fixed em if the symptoms you're getting match the above. If it's just the CEL light, pull the code.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:56 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

unplug your battery over night. This will reset your ECU. I have the exact same set up, my check engine came on too, this fixed the problem.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:57 PM

if u wanna reset the cpu, why dont u just turn the screw to the right, then left, then right, and left again??
Old 06-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally posted by Jamsan
if u wanna reset the cpu, why dont u just turn the screw to the right, then left, then right, and left again??
Or you could do that.

I feel stupid I did not know that.
Old 06-14-2002, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

I feel stupid I did not know that.

It's okay, we all make mistakes. For some reason that's really cracking me up right now.

But to get back on topic, I just made an intake also. Read the 4th gen FAQ if you don't know how to reset your CEL. Reset it, and then check the codes when it pops back up. Check your MAF connection, and make sure you didn't damage it when you reinstalled it. Also, there is a rubber o-ring on the filter side of the MAF, make sure it is still there and is making a solid connection with the adaptor (a.k.a. no leaks). The third place you might want to look is where your hose barb and nipple are sticking out of the coupler. Make sure they have a solid seal.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by maxima4me

It's okay, we all make mistakes. For some reason that's really cracking me up right now.

But to get back on topic, I just made an intake also. Read the 4th gen FAQ if you don't know how to reset your CEL. Reset it, and then check the codes when it pops back up. Check your MAF connection, and make sure you didn't damage it when you reinstalled it. Also, there is a rubber o-ring on the filter side of the MAF, make sure it is still there and is making a solid connection with the adaptor (a.k.a. no leaks). The third place you might want to look is where your hose barb and nipple are sticking out of the coupler. Make sure they have a solid seal.
oh........ i reseted it for longer then 15 min.
i live in tampa fl
whats a CEL
ill check on the FAQ for what it is... if you know i cant find the CEL's meaning on there please help..
i think i know what the problem is ....
and for the guy that feels stupid that he didnt know that
i still dont know wat right left right left is! soo dont feel stupid
always someone out there stupider! (me)
but im tryin to learn about cars! thanx for help im goign to go check the Hoses right knwo to make sure.. ok byeeee thanx
Old 06-14-2002, 02:21 PM

whats a CEL
The CEL is the Check Engine Light

and for the guy that feels stupid that he didnt know that
i still dont know wat right left right left is!
Right, left, right, left is the method you use to reset your check engine light. There is a "sticky" thread on the top of the page that says, "ECU Fault Code Diagnosis" Check it out

but im tryin to learn about cars! thanx for help im goign to go check the Hoses right knwo to make sure.. ok byeeee thanx
We're all learning about cars. I went from never changing my oil to doing 90% of my maintenance myself. All thanks to people on this board. One of the best features on the board is the SEARCH. Use it. It has saved me a lot of time, and there is more info out there than you can imagine.

Good luck!