4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Diamond clear corner lights from CustomMaxima.Com - Anyone have installation problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 08:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Diamond clear corner lights from CustomMaxima.Com - Anyone have installation problems

I've read a few posts on this forum that say people have had a few problems with the clear front bumber lights falling out and not staying in place (someone said they had to use tape ). How are the lights from CustomMaxima.Com? Do they fit exactly into the holes from the old lights? I found the installation instructions here, https://maxima.org/shoptalk/sub_modi...s/index.shtml, and I assume they are referring to the ones from CustomMaxima.Com, because that's where I found the link, but do they stay secure once they are installed?
Old 06-19-2002, 09:19 PM

clear corner lights

i don't know about custommaxima.com, but i got some diamond clears off eBay and haven't had a single problem. the ones on custommaxima weren't an option when i bought mine, because they were on back order.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:24 PM

I got my set off of CustomMaxima.com about a month ago and not a single problem. The only complaint I have is that the quality is only so-so. But from far away, they look good.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I got my DC's about a month ago from Custom Maxima.com also. I had a slight problem. It is possible for you to put the DCs in where the stock ones were without screwing them in, they wont fall out unless you actually hit something hard, like a bump then they might fall out. Thats why you gotta lock them in place. The problem i had was gettin a screw big enought to lock them with. I had to use about 5 Washers on each side cause my screws were so long. But other then that, I got them in and there fine. The atually quality of looks is sweet. There nice
Old 06-19-2002, 09:52 PM

Theft Protection

Another reason you want to lock them down instead of just popping it back on like stock, is to protect yourself from anyone wanting to steal your clear corners.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i put my diamond lenses in a couple months ago. i also got them from custommaxima.com. within the first week they popped out when i passed over a bridge on the highway. it was a stiff jolt, and i could hear the driver's side pop out...thank god the bulb twists in or else they would have been gone. i installed them with the original plastic clips that were on the car originally holding in the orange lenses. after they came out i put the clips that came with the clears in and havent had a problem at all...even over the same spot in the road.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:48 AM

I just got my clears a few weeks ago, i noticed that they would just fall out, but i fixed that nice and easy. When you replace the plastic part that the corner light will snap into, you have to loosen up the metal part on the back of the clear light (looks kinda like a bowling pin) that snaps into it, i just grabbed a metric socket or a wrench and give it a few turns. That way its farther out and fits into the hole snaggly, unless someone prys it open it wont fall out.
Old 06-20-2002, 07:54 AM

Also to make them fit snugly in place apply some weatherstripping around the perimeter of the lens casing just far enough behind the face so it won't be visible at all. You can pick up double-sided weatherstripping at any parts store and they come in a variety of sizes.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:02 AM

I had the same problem as well and I just clipped the two ridges on the backside of the housing a little and it clipped in just like stock. just clip the corner because it's a little fatter than stock.
Old 06-20-2002, 04:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mine wouldn't stay in even for a minute with the standard stud mount and new plastic pieces, and the stud was too short to screw in from the back side. Didn't think about unscrewing the stud a bit from the assembly so maybe it would stick out farther and be long enough...but I wanted them to be secure, so I did mine like Kmax at this link:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....corner+install

Props to Kmax, going in thru the foglight was easy (seemed like it would be much easier than thru the fender), you can also easily change the bulbs this way without removing the corners. The #10 wood screws plus washers, screwed in from behind the bumper, worked great (though I don't remember if I used the 3/4" or the 1" length, I had gotten both just in case).