4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Rear end loose or wheel hop?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 02:04 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Rear end loose or wheel hop?

This might be a little long sorry. I get off track somtimes

Today I was coming home and was getting off the highway doing about 110. As I am coming down the exit ramp I am slowing down. So I know the car is pitching forward as is. Well the back end seems to get VERY floaty on me. The ground was not the smoothest, but it was not horrible. There were filled in potholes everywhere. Anyway I let off the brake so the rear end could attempt to get some weight back on it. I was very surprised by this. If I was not paying attention I might have made a big error here.

I have ebiach springs all around. I have kyb agx's all around. They are set to 3 in the front and 3 in the back. I also have 2 12's and amps in the trunk. So I have a little more weight back there then stock.

The only thing that I know is wrong with my suspenison. The arm that connects the rear alxe to the frame has 2 bushings at the attaching points, the lower bushing is almost gone. And the upper bushing could use replacement.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, this part helps the rear end in lateral movement.

I am curious to see if anybody else has had this problem.

So my question is was my rear end slidding side to side to much because these bushings are worn?? or was this due to wheel hop??

I am replaceing these bushings ASAP. But I was just curious if anybody else might have had a simialr problem with setting the agx's to hard and wheel hop being the result.

Thanks

bags
Old 06-24-2002, 02:22 PM
I'm so hood

Today I was coming home and was getting off the highway doing about 110.
hehe, I like how you say that like it's an everyday thing. I rarely even see fifth gear in my max, much less over 80mph.

Are the KYBs new? I noticed a lot of lateral movement/floatiness when my dealership installed rear shocks incorrectly (heh...like its rocket science to install a pair of rear shocks...they just did it when I bought the car) or installed a defective pair of shocks, but it was pretty obvious - the shocks were spitting grease everywhere.

I don't think it'd be due to wheel hop. Is the rear end floaty just in stressed circumstances, or all the time? Hopefully new bushings will do the trick. Do you have a rsb?
Old 06-24-2002, 05:29 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by blizz20oma
hehe, I like how you say that like it's an everyday thing. I rarely even see fifth gear in my max, much less over 80mph.
It is.. I am nuts

Are the KYBs new? I noticed a lot of lateral movement/floatiness when my dealership installed rear shocks incorrectly (heh...like its rocket science to install a pair of rear shocks...they just did it when I bought the car) or installed a defective pair of shocks, but it was pretty obvious - the shocks were spitting grease everywhere.
Been on since october, first time I really noticed

I don't think it'd be due to wheel hop. Is the rear end floaty just in stressed circumstances, or all the time? Hopefully new bushings will do the trick. Do you have a rsb?
No RSB, from what I have read and understand , it does not help like most people think. Causes rear wheels to break traction more often.

Yeah the bushings should do it. The whole piece including 2 bushings is $130, so I will see about that in a week or so

Thanks