4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Fun ride last night....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 07:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The bug has struck......

Well I started modding the Maxima as a hobby over the winter. I was waiting for a knee surgery and had a lot of idle time. I haven't been able to play basketball or run so I found this sight and got hooked. My first mods were clear corners and a FSTB.

I was determined not to be one of those guys who spends a lot of money on their cars.

Well slow but sure it is happening. Intake, then suspension, then rims and tires, then catback exhaust, whit e gauges(I drive a GLE), blue interior lighting so on and so forth.

The bug has struck.

I appreciate the fact that I can drive such an awesome car that is fast to begin with and can be made faster with some mods.
I haven't really tested the car to see how fast I could drive it. I did get close.

Last night myself and two friends were driving back to my house in separate cars. We were in town for a little while just seeing who and what was out. Well, we left town and headed north on the highway towards my house. We were on one of the state highways and there is a straight away for about 2.5 miles with great visibility and no spots for the police to sit.

We decided to have a little race. I had my car up to around 126 miles per hour for the first time. Moving that fast, I did not want to spend alot of time looking at the speedo. My friend who was following me said he was going about 117 and I had around sixty yards on him at least.

Since I installed my Catback exhaust, the car is significantly quicker on the high end. The car feels so fast above sixty. It really moves and makes me forget how slow it is off the line....
Let me tell you, things move real fast at that speed and I do not recommend driving that fast unless there is limited danger of harming other motorists or yourself.

I did not realize how fast I was moving and hit the off ramp, a quick right turn, slowing down from about 85 miles per hour.

The rear tires slid a little but the car held well despite the rate of speed. My Dunlops held and my car tucked right into the curve. Having the car lowered and riding on KYB AGX helped trmendously.

Funnest all out pedal to the floor ride I have had. The nice thing is that my car had a lot left. I know I could have gone faster I just ran out of road.

I am in the process of adding a Tranny cooler, MEVI, Nitrous kit and a tranny upgrade.

I would like to hit a local track to run 1/4 miles.

Thanks for reading!

DL
Old 06-24-2002, 01:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

anyone notice a big top end difference with a catback, PRCAI and a Y pipe?

??????????/
Old 06-24-2002, 04:58 PM

damn

damn
Old 06-24-2002, 05:31 PM
Lightly modded

Re: anyone notice a big top end difference with a catback, PRCAI and a Y pipe?

Originally posted by dlicari
??????????/
yes. my car pulls like a crazy horse above 60 with y pipe and cat back