4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

v6 accord....owned

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 09:19 PM

v6 accord....owned

well i finalyl got a shot at the v6 accord of my friends.....well we raced on the highway once, and then we took it downtown (wasnt crowded at all, like 1 car in total)....dont say it was stupid, it was perfectly flat roads with lights spread every 1/4 mile or so....was perfect......well.....results are as follows....

on the highway the first time, we started from about 35 maybe 40.....he counted down from 3, and we gunned it....i jumped on him really quickly, his front bumper was at my back tire.....then i start pulling away even more, then some stupid ******* in a van starts dipping into my lane, he didnt cut into it, rather just half his ****ing van, was in the lane....i had to brake, and he flew my by and put on his hazards....he said he beat me, but whatever...

right at the exit, there was a light and a good distance ahead of it, so we run it......he jumps me on the light cuz he saw the other one turning red, and he had more time to get going ......well i caught up quick, but then i just started hopping all around the world cuz of bumps in the road, and i slowed down.....

next light is where the real racing begins....we raced this light 2 times....it was dead flat, perfect....we even had an audience....some guys were walking and they heard the loud peel outs and heard my intake roar ....well anyways.....i took off normal, tires burning a little, and we are just about dead even, with my being a little ahead.....next time around, i wanted to put him in his place.......i decided to brake stand, and also got on the outer lane so i could see the light.....well light turns red (for the other peepz), and i start revvin up while braking, and green, and exploded off the line (as only an automatic can! ) .....i destroyed him off the line.....about 1/2 a car ahead of him, and gaining room quick......at the end of it, i finished off 1 1/2 - 2 cars ahead of em......it wasnt a complete quarter mile, maybe 3/4 of a 1/4 mile (i guess thats em......like 1/8 of a mile or something) .......i was gaining ground and feel that in a 1/4 mile i woulda won by atleast 3 cars.......

well there you have it ......also, with a faulty knock sensor which has my timing retarted ......also, cant wait for that y
Old 06-29-2002, 09:23 PM

nice kill - the v6 accords do put up a fight, their high end is much better than an auto max
Old 06-29-2002, 09:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: v6 accord....owned

Originally posted by Jamsan
maybe 3/4 of a 1/4 mile (i guess thats em......like 1/8 of a mile or something

Glad to hear you put him in his place. V6 Accords should be no biggie.
-Cyrus
Old 06-29-2002, 10:47 PM

ahhhhh honda kilss ae tha best, good ****!!!
Old 06-29-2002, 10:59 PM

Just yesterday i raced a honda accord vtec and my 96 max LE beat it and i had 3 kids in my car and she was by her self. Mayb it was that she just could not shift but i beat her 2 times. =]
Old 06-29-2002, 11:02 PM

good job, its always good to hear of a fellow max owner putting a honda in its place
Old 06-29-2002, 11:25 PM

aha, hondas, aha
Old 06-29-2002, 11:37 PM

Nice kills man! If you had a 5-spd you'd own them so bad it wouldn't even be funny! I haven't lost to a single Honda/Acura in my area with my 5-spd and I've raced quite a few riced up ones too.

There is ONE Civic here that claims that he runs 14.7 in the 1/4 mi... I haven't had a chance to "meet" him on the roads yet.

Nissan ownz Honda!
Old 06-30-2002, 01:32 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I'm just curious....with 5-speed...at first, it seems like you might lose right? If you have a decent rival next to you.

Because of the split-second lag on the shift, you lose a tiny bit of ground, but gain it all back PLUS a lot more on the next gear, correct?

I've never raced in my 5-speed yet, but intend to when the right moment comes along.

edit: BTW Jaime, nice kill dude. I have a friend that lived next door to me at my dorms in college, and she has an accord v6 too. She's cute, but I know she'd never be into racing =P
Old 06-30-2002, 01:51 AM

My mom has a V6 accord, it doesn't pull as hard as my maxima, it really sucks when i take it out when my car is in the shop.

Old 06-30-2002, 06:47 AM

Originally posted by jdm_mboy
My mom has a V6 accord, it doesn't pull as hard as my maxima, it really sucks when i take it out when my car is in the shop.

what are you doing wasting your gas on over-size civics ,

J/K good races..
Old 06-30-2002, 08:12 AM

it was really great, and without him j00ing all the lights i.e. rolling when the other light turns green, it would be a lot more ownage....also, if it was actual quarter mile, i was pullin on him even more, so again, pfft.....im not scared to race v6 accord's anymore ....and good thing is they only come in auto .....y pipe needs to come soon tho, so i dont have to worry about my mid to top end, getting overtaken
Old 06-30-2002, 08:27 AM
lefty

racing with 3 kids in the car?

Old 06-30-2002, 08:30 AM

theres an accord vtech?
Old 06-30-2002, 08:53 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

theres an accord vtech?
The V-6 has the VTEC system.

So does the 4
Old 06-30-2002, 08:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

v6 accord = very slow. Ask Deezo.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:33 AM

1 Quick Question...

This question concerns Preludes and the VTEC system...
What year did Honda put the VTEC engine in the Preludes-I know it produced 190 HP but I'm not sure what year it is...1994 I think.
Can someone help me out here?
Old 06-30-2002, 09:37 AM

your absoultely supurbly wro...right
Old 06-30-2002, 12:22 PM

VTEC came to the lude in '93. It is the H22a motor. Stock vs stock, 4th gen could have problems pulling away from one of these. Laugh at civics and accords all you want, but the VTEC can be made a beast. My friend was trapping at over 100mph in his '93 with all engine. 25 pounds of boost later....it traps at 135mph!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 01:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yeah many of Honda's motors have vtec now, but a lot of them are still SOHC, and vtec works best with DOHC.

The vtec isn't as incredible and explosive as your local ricer would tell you. It only kicks in after a certain RPM, so the driver can control when he goes into it or not. That makes it practical in that you can drive around normally and get the 28-30 mpg by not dipping into the vtec, or drive like a nut and shoot the fuel economy to hell.

It is a nice sound though, when the vtec kicks in. Like a motorcycle kinda.
Old 06-30-2002, 01:59 PM

So '93 was the first year for VTECs in Preludes? Because I am seriously thinking about either a Prelude w/VTEC and a Maxima for my next car. What do you guys think about each of the cars?
Thanks
Old 06-30-2002, 02:01 PM
SLOW

Yes 93 was the first year for VTEC preludes, though 92 was the first year of that body style, so don't get confused. I was considering a 93 VTEC Lude or a Maxima, I found my black 5 speed Max first.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:32 PM

Is the VTEC in the '93s standard? Because I have looked under the hood of some '93s and theres the same 4 cylinder/2.4 liter/16 valve engine that was present in the 1992s. So it must say VTEC on the engine and lower righthand corner of the trunk for it to be VTEC right? Otherwise its a regular Prelude I guess...
Old 06-30-2002, 02:45 PM

Yeah, the vtec lude didnt become standard until 97. They had two engines from 93-96, the 2.2 vtec and 2.3 non vtec
Old 06-30-2002, 02:53 PM
SLOW

There were 3 motors available from 92-96, SOHC non-VTEC, DOHC non-VTEC and DOHC VTEC (this one only available from 93 on)
Old 06-30-2002, 07:48 PM

Oops, yeah Neal is right, my bad...I forgot about the weak non vtec sohc..
Old 07-10-2002, 08:45 AM

Re: v6 accord....owned

well i finalyl got a shot at the v6 accord of my friends.....well we raced on the highway once, and then we took it downtown (wasnt crowded at all, like 1 car in total)....dont say it was stupid, it was perfectly flat roads with lights spread every 1/4 mile or so....was perfect......well.....results are as follows....

on the highway the first time, we started from about 35 maybe 40.....he counted down from 3, and we gunned it....i jumped on him really quickly, his front bumper was at my back tire.....then i start pulling away even more, then some stupid ******* in a van starts dipping into my lane, he didnt cut into it, rather just half his ****ing van, was in the lane....i had to brake, and he flew my by and put on his hazards....he said he beat me, but whatever...

right at the exit, there was a light and a good distance ahead of it, so we run it......he jumps me on the light cuz he saw the other one turning red, and he had more time to get going ......well i caught up quick, but then i just started hopping all around the world cuz of bumps in the road, and i slowed down.....

next light is where the real racing begins....we raced this light 2 times....it was dead flat, perfect....we even had an audience....some guys were walking and they heard the loud peel outs and heard my intake roar ....well anyways.....i took off normal, tires burning a little, and we are just about dead even, with my being a little ahead.....next time around, i wanted to put him in his place.......i decided to brake stand, and also got on the outer lane so i could see the light.....well light turns red (for the other peepz), and i start revvin up while braking, and green, and exploded off the line (as only an automatic can! ) .....i destroyed him off the line.....about 1/2 a car ahead of him, and gaining room quick......at the end of it, i finished off 1 1/2 - 2 cars ahead of em......it wasnt a complete quarter mile, maybe 3/4 of a 1/4 mile (i guess thats em......like 1/8 of a mile or something) .......i was gaining ground and feel that in a 1/4 mile i woulda won by atleast 3 cars.......

well there you have it ......also, with a faulty knock sensor which has my timing retarted ......also, cant wait for that y

Nice Kill
Old 07-10-2002, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by mblasko85
Just yesterday i raced a honda accord vtec and my 96 max LE beat it and i had 3 kids in my car and she was by her self. Mayb it was that she just could not shift but i beat her 2 times. =]
racing with 3 kids in the car?? that's insane !!! is proving your car is quicker than some other car more important than the lives of 3 kids?
Old 07-10-2002, 12:33 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally posted by RiceBurners4LYF
So '93 was the first year for VTECs in Preludes? Because I am seriously thinking about either a Prelude w/VTEC and a Maxima for my next car. What do you guys think about each of the cars?
Thanks
Last month I was in Englishtown (local 1/4 track) and lined up against 2K Prelude Vtec TypeSH, 5spd, Headers, Exhaust and AEM CAI.

I took off from the line and never looked back. Add insult to his embarrassment, that was ONE of my WORST ET's ever. He ran 16.6 (claimed he missed 2 gears, his normal time w/ those mods is 15.5, his best was 15.3).

Unless you plan to drop a JDM motor in the Prelude, don't bother wasting your money.

Originally posted by mblasko85
Just yesterday i raced a honda accord vtec and my 96 max LE beat it and i had 3 kids in my car and she was by her self. Mayb it was that she just could not shift but i beat her 2 times.
How stupid can you be to street race and hold 3 lives in your hands? It's a dam* shame that you have no regard for safety of others.

peace
Old 07-10-2002, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl

Last month I was in Englishtown (local 1/4 track) and lined up against 2K Prelude Vtec TypeSH, 5spd, Headers, Exhaust and AEM CAI.

I took off from the line and never looked back. Add insult to his embarrassment, that was ONE of my WORST ET's ever. He ran 16.6 (claimed he missed 2 gears, his normal time w/ those mods is 15.5, his best was 15.3).

Unless you plan to drop a JDM motor in the Prelude, don't bother wasting your money.

How stupid can you be to street race and hold 3 lives in your hands? It's a dam* shame that you have no regard for safety of others.

peace

lol... well i guess its really dangerous when we only reached speeds of about 60 mph cause there was lights. Yea going 60 is ****ing stupid i guess i shouldnt go over speeds of 50 to be safe.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by mzmtg

The V-6 has the VTEC system.

So does the 4
my cousin used to have a 98 V6 accord, it was a nice car untill he wrecked it. and yes, they won't whip the $h*t out of a GXE maxima!!
Old 07-10-2002, 07:06 PM

yea a few months my friend thought he was all tough cuz he jus bought a brand new 2002 V6 accord coupe, which i do gotta say look very nice..well my car had about 60K miles on it while he has under 5K...and we went to this little straitaway, and went from a light...stock auto vs stock auto...i did start from 1st and did the 2nd, O/D off to D shifting, but didnt even power brake or anything, my tires suck so i even peeled a bit, but i did spank him...he said he got scared cuz he jus got the car and it was new and didnt wanna mess it up and was a relatively new driver, he had three people in the car while i had two(including myself)...but i told him he can rematch anytime he wants cuz ill jus murder him...i thought their 200 hp VTEC would be a good battle for us auto's, well it is but the maxima just rules!!
Old 07-12-2002, 09:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by NyC97Max
yea a few months my friend thought he was all tough cuz he jus bought a brand new 2002 V6 accord coupe, which i do gotta say look very nice..well my car had about 60K miles on it while he has under 5K...and we went to this little straitaway, and went from a light...stock auto vs stock auto...i did start from 1st and did the 2nd, O/D off to D shifting, but didnt even power brake or anything, my tires suck so i even peeled a bit, but i did spank him...he said he got scared cuz he jus got the car and it was new and didnt wanna mess it up and was a relatively new driver, he had three people in the car while i had two(including myself)...but i told him he can rematch anytime he wants cuz ill jus murder him...i thought their 200 hp VTEC would be a good battle for us auto's, well it is but the maxima just rules!!
nice kill dude...good thing your an SE!!!