4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My Frankencar is in the Mail!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 10:10 AM

My Frankencar is in the Mail!

Just got off the phone w/ Steve, and he said he just got all the powdercoating done for the next shipment so Anyone that ordered one recently should be seein it soon. I cant wait personally and wanted to ask u smart mothas if I should install it myself, being that I have little to no knowledge of mechanics, and few tools. Has anyone installed one themselves and if so, let me know what it rates on the biiiitch factor.

Thanks Fellas,

TousDaddy
Old 07-10-2002, 11:11 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey man. I ordered mine recently, I appreciate you posting up the news from him (he didn't get to answer my e-mail, guess he's busy)

About installation, I can guarantee you it'll be easy. Installing a JWT Cone Intake was one of my first mods, and even though it took a bit of time since I was careful with everything, it's helped me in the long run since I've been experiementing with a lot of setups. So I think you should go ahead with the install too.

BTW, the FrankenCar intake or midpipe will include full, simple instructions from what I've heard. Lets hope we can get them by the end of this week.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:44 PM
CJP

Re: My Frankencar is in the Mail!

Thanks for the update. I should have a midpipe coming soon then. It's going to replace the $15 home depot custom job I have in there now. The install shouldn't be hard at all. You just need the right sockets. Install it yourself.

Originally posted by TousDaddy
Just got off the phone w/ Steve, and he said he just got all the powdercoating done for the next shipment so Anyone that ordered one recently should be seein it soon. I cant wait personally and wanted to ask u smart mothas if I should install it myself, being that I have little to no knowledge of mechanics, and few tools. Has anyone installed one themselves and if so, let me know what it rates on the biiiitch factor.

Thanks Fellas,

TousDaddy
Old 07-10-2002, 02:45 PM

Re: Re: My Frankencar is in the Mail!

Originally posted by CJP
Thanks for the update. I should have a midpipe coming soon then. It's going to replace the $15 home depot custom job I have in there now. The install shouldn't be hard at all. You just need the right sockets. Install it yourself.

Hey Guys,
I would guess friday for most of us depending on location. i am glad u have faith in me to install this myself cause I was iffy about it. I will re-post after the install is complete and let the org member know all about it seeing getting info out of most people in here is like pulling teeth

Stoked for Intake in MN

TousDaddy
Old 07-10-2002, 03:20 PM
Carpe Diem....

Re: Re: Re: My Frankencar is in the Mail!

Hey Guys,
I would guess friday for most of us depending on location. i am glad u have faith in me to install this myself cause I was iffy about it. I will re-post after the install is complete and let the org member know all about it seeing getting info out of most people in here is like pulling teeth

Stoked for Intake in MN

TousDaddy
I am part of that group waiting for their intake as well. That's great news,....i also didn't get a response back from steve as well, but i know he has been busy as hell. This will be my first and definitely not my last performance mod. I'm in MD, so hopefully, we will both have some good news to report to the good people on the org. on our first intakes.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:37 PM

Midpipe

When you order the mid pipe what else is needed to complete the intake? How mush does the midpipe cost?
Old 07-10-2002, 04:47 PM

http://www.frankencar.com.

$55 shipped for a midpipe.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:35 PM

woohoo...maybe i'll prob c my intake next week, as it might take longer to cross the border (Canada)
Old 07-11-2002, 01:39 AM

yeah i ordered mine a week ago, can't wait to put this biatch in....
Old 07-11-2002, 07:25 PM

Me too

I orderd mine on 6/30 and mine is getting delivered on sat 7/13. Can't wait! By the way the install should be easy as pie!
Old 07-12-2002, 11:59 AM

Re: Me too

Originally posted by mohfo
I orderd mine on 6/30 and mine is getting delivered on sat 7/13. Can't wait! By the way the install should be easy as pie!
What do u expect from the Frankencar 4th Gen Intake
I thought it would be interesting to poll the guys on this thread about expectations leading up to the install. My expectations are to gain low-end mid range and top end power. Greedy, but thats the way I am I have a 5-spd, thus i should see the changes in throttling more so than a autotragic(sorry guys) even though I have heard this intake is a superb add-on for autos!

Write Back and let Me Know,

TousDaddy
Old 07-12-2002, 12:15 PM

I think mine came in the mail today but I wasn't home so I have to go to the post office after 4:00pm to pick it up I can't wait!!!!!

I'm installing it over the weekend
Old 07-12-2002, 02:44 PM

Does anyone know if the midpipes are being sent USPS or UPS?

thanks
Old 07-12-2002, 04:01 PM

Originally posted by TurDz
Does anyone know if the midpipes are being sent USPS or UPS?

thanks

No, I recieved mine today and it came as priority mail through the regular postal service.
Old 07-12-2002, 04:04 PM

Re: Re: Me too

What do u expect from the Frankencar 4th Gen Intake
I thought it would be interesting to poll the guys on this thread about expectations leading up to the install. My expectations are to gain low-end mid range and top end power. Greedy, but thats the way I am I have a 5-spd, thus i should see the changes in throttling more so than a autotragic(sorry guys) even though I have heard this intake is a superb add-on for autos!

Write Back and let Me Know,

TousDaddy
im just expectin all around like u. when i floor it, i wanna hear her growl.....i luv my automagic
Old 07-15-2002, 05:54 PM

Man I was expecting the midpipe to come today... hopefully I can get it by tomorrow. I'm getting impatient, but only because I have this strong urge to keeping going WOT when I get it
Old 07-16-2002, 06:35 PM

Where's my mid pipe?

I was supposed to get my mid pipe today, but no show!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:12 PM

I haven't heard n e thing from Frankencar in a while either. I ordered my intake on July 6th. Hopefully they're really busy or something, cuz i'm gettin nervous
Old 07-16-2002, 09:05 PM

I ordered mine June 28th.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:27 PM

backorder.. he ordered some and is waitint for them to powdercoat them i think.. then he'll get it and then he'll ship it out.. dont get nervous-- stever is a stand up guy he wouldnt cheat u guys

he is a VERY busy guy
Old 07-16-2002, 09:30 PM

yeah, he PMed me about it already. he's sending out another batch very soon.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:58 PM

Intake will be installed SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

My intake is currently sitting on my table at home while I a here at school. So I will be traveling home this weekand to install and will update as soon as I drive home Sun night.(Cant wait!) Has anyone received theirs and installed already? Mine would have been installed last Fri if I was home. I wonder why u guys havent recieved yours, probably cause of the huge demand now being shown for these intakes.

talk to ya Sun

TousDaddy
Old 07-17-2002, 07:12 PM

intake

I purchased a FrankenCar a couple of days ago, paid via PayPal, but never received any e-mails from them...?.........I've also called and left a meesage with an e-mail.........I am just curious to know when I am going to get mine since I am moving to another city soon.....has everyone else recieved notification upon payment, etc.?

Old 07-17-2002, 08:23 PM
CJP

Re: intake

I'm still waiting on my upper intake piece as well. I had to email him for confirmation of payment. I wish some of the companies who sell their stuff here acted a little bit more professionally (ie. Ap-Signworks). I think some of them act like they're doing us a favor in selling us their products.

Originally posted by munji
I purchased a FrankenCar a couple of days ago, paid via PayPal, but never received any e-mails from them...?.........I've also called and left a meesage with an e-mail.........I am just curious to know when I am going to get mine since I am moving to another city soon.....has everyone else recieved notification upon payment, etc.?

Old 07-17-2002, 08:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

mine "should" have been here today, since it was shipped on sat, oh well, my car is in the shop for the tranny rebuild anyway.

i cant wait!
Old 07-17-2002, 11:07 PM

i am another one that is on the waiting list, i guess its just cuz soo many of us have ordered it, i bet frankcar would of never expected the sales that it has gotten
Old 07-18-2002, 10:30 AM

small delay

I just talked to Steve also.......he has quite a few on backorder, so the ones ordered this/last week should be sent out the beginning of next week, hopefully get it by Friday he said, sounds like a good guy........
Old 07-18-2002, 07:20 PM

Glad to see

I'm glad to see a small bussines bomming. I'd still like to get my pipe ASAP I ordered mine on 6/30. I know it'll be worth the wait!
Old 07-19-2002, 08:57 AM

i ordered mine on the 28th and just came in this mornin. bout to throw it in and report back later......thanx frankencar!!!
Old 07-19-2002, 11:12 AM

How was it delivered? UPS?
Old 07-19-2002, 12:41 PM

mine was shipped almost a week ago (last sat) and it still is not here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USPS SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2002, 01:13 PM

Originally posted by chigga
i ordered mine on the 28th and just came in this mornin. bout to throw it in and report back later......thanx frankencar!!!
I ordered mine on the 28th also and have been waiting patiently. Hopefully I get mine like yours. thanks for the update chigga.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:17 PM

yeah no prob, i think the reason why its takin a lil while is that he shipped em regular mail and paid the shipping fee for each one, so give em a little credit. puttin it in tomorrow, it rained all day in boston so i'll let ya know how it is tomorrow....
Old 07-19-2002, 08:11 PM

ack, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow....If it came today I would've been driving around all night and tomorrow on the highway to Merced, which is around 2 hours from me
Old 07-20-2002, 03:02 AM

I just ordered my silver intake from frankencar. The wait is worth it......I hope.
Old 07-20-2002, 11:17 AM

Wahoo!!!!! Mine came today, I installed and it sounds fantastic!!!
Too bad I am breaking in my clutch, so I cant find out if there is a noticible boost in power, but, considering I drive about 700mi/week, my break in period will not last long

you guys will love it!
Old 07-20-2002, 01:11 PM

Damm it!

Damm it nothing in the mail today!!!
Old 07-20-2002, 11:26 PM

Got mine in the mail! Thank you Steve!

I was hoping that it would come today...Saturday.

I ordered mine on June 28th, so you can guage about how long you might have to wait.
Old 07-20-2002, 11:57 PM

damn one of the small tubes on the mid pipe is cracked at its base. so now i gotta take it to a shop to have it re welded, damn i was gonna throw it in sunday, f#ck it jus one more day to wait.....
Old 07-21-2002, 06:34 AM

Re: Crack Pipe?

Originally posted by MaxJag
What's the deal? Is the crack supposed to be there? If not these should be inspected carefully before being shipping out. I don't want to recieve a cracked pipe. Did anyone talk with Steve about this?
Dude, email Steve about the issue directly so this doesn't turn into a trash talkin scene. Talking to anyone else but Steve is not going to help the issue.

Quick Reply: My Frankencar is in the Mail!