5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

CAI Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 05:57 PM

CAI Question

I have a stock 2k maxima w/ k&n pop-in filter w/ the stock air box. If i upgrade to a CAI, how much HSP am I going to gain? Will i notice a difference in acceleration? What CAI should I buy?

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2002, 06:25 PM

I put in an Injen, from adventon.com (heard about it on the Org). You will certainly notice an increase in sound volume.

I drive faster now, probably because I like hearing it so much. You will also notice a power increase; while probably enough to make you faster than other maxes that are stock, don't expect too much...

I have an automagic, and I don't know the numbers on it exactly; however Injen claims to have gotten 13HP from the 6-speeds. This is still up for debate, as they were not in the best gear for the dyno when they tested.

So my opinion? If you can handle the slight increase in noise, it's probably the best way to get the most bang for your buck.

Now if you really like noise, try the frankencar. Org members here say it's louder than an injen CAI.

And do a search; I've poured over several posts here before finally making a decision. And while your into upgrading, why not join the group deal here for leather seats from leatherseats.com? The more who join the cheaper it gets!
Old 07-22-2002, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by soopermax02
I put in an Injen, from adventon.com (heard about it on the Org). You will certainly notice an increase in sound volume.

I drive faster now, probably because I like hearing it so much. You will also notice a power increase; while probably enough to make you faster than other maxes that are stock, don't expect too much...

I have an automagic, and I don't know the numbers on it exactly; however Injen claims to have gotten 13HP from the 6-speeds. This is still up for debate, as they were not in the best gear for the dyno when they tested.

So my opinion? If you can handle the slight increase in noise, it's probably the best way to get the most bang for your buck.

Now if you really like noise, try the frankencar. Org members here say it louder than an injen CAI.

And do a search; I've poured over several posts here before finally making a decision. And while your into upgrading, why not join the group deal here for leather seats from leatherseats.com? The more who join the cheaper it gets!
Like what type of noise are you talking about? Like an exhuast type noise?
Old 07-22-2002, 06:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by soopermax02

soopermax2,
Did you have any issues installing the injen in the 2K2 SE Auto. I had heard there were some fitment issues.

Shaydz
Old 07-22-2002, 06:54 PM

Just needs much patience... I did work on positioning it for about 20 minutes. It will fit; and it will clear everything down there, by at least a 1/2 inch.

When I first looked at the cone I thought "no way, that's fitting in that small hole"... But it does!

I love it. It sounds amazing, very deep and throaty. But you really don't notice it unless you're undergoing mild to heavy acceleration.