5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Insurance Companies SUCK...Please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 08:29 AM
maxedout1

Insurance Companies SUCK...Please help

Just need to vent but the Freakin Insurance companies in New York Suck!!! I am being dropped from my current ins. because of 3 insidents that were not my fault (2 breakins and 1 hit and run.) Now I am seeking new ins. and everyone is saying because of the 3 insidents we can't give you ins. Anyone in NY who know some ins. co. please help, if not I may have to sell the car (that is last resort)

Old 07-25-2002, 08:36 AM
Maxima06071

Re: Insurance Companies SUCK...Please help

Originally posted by maxedout1
Just need to vent but the Freakin Insurance companies in New York Suck!!! I am being dropped from my current ins. because of 3 insidents that were not my fault (2 breakins and 1 hit and run.) Now I am seeking new ins. and everyone is saying because of the 3 insidents we can't give you ins. Anyone in NY who know some ins. co. please help, if not I may have to sell the car (that is last resort)
Man that is BS, I know tons of people who have had at least 3 incidents, the only thing their insurance did was raise their premiums.
Your coverage is wack, find sombody else.

Old 07-25-2002, 08:37 AM

try seriously upgrading your alarm system and let the new insurance companies know that you have done it. maybe that will make them consider you more seriously (since 2 of your 3 incidences were break-ins)
Old 07-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dude..I agree about NY insurance. I can't beleive they would drop you though. I use Progressive. I'm currently invloved in a claim and not too satisfied with my adjustor's work so far, but the rates are good. Check them out... Progressive
Old 07-25-2002, 12:51 PM
maxedout1

I am but i hate the fact that they are only 6 month then you have to renew

Old 07-25-2002, 01:26 PM
Sanduguero

CALL 1800-531-8080 is USSA they are very good but i dont know if is only for military personnel but call and see what they tell you, am currently in the middle of a...around 11,000 claim and they are just doing everything right!!

Let me know bro, and yes it sucks to have NY insurance thats why i advise you to consider puting a relative or a friends house outside this damn place!!
Old 07-25-2002, 01:30 PM

I'd say your best bet is to shop around for a better insurance company and try to be friends with your rep, after you do that i suggest spending a little on a better security system, the max is worth it! don't wanna lose it
Old 07-25-2002, 02:18 PM

Dude, tell me about it. I have to wait on average 2 months before I see any $$ from the insurance companies when I treating patients...and then they try not to pay the full bill or end care early.
Something that you pay monthly for should not be such a hassle.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:28 PM
Mauja He Mauja

I have been with state farm for 5 years and they are great.i only pay 37 a month with 500 deductible. they even send out divident checks each year.
you should try a reputable company. it is sometimes hard to get insurance through them, but once you are in, they will not drop you.

american family is also a good company. good luck
Old 07-25-2002, 02:29 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

don't you have to have insurance in NY? I know in CT you have to have insurance (even if it's 5000 / yr) Are they denying you or just charging alot?
Old 07-25-2002, 06:59 PM

Out of curiosity, how old are you ?
And, were the incidents your fault ?

Cory
Old 08-01-2002, 06:03 AM
maxedout1

2 were breakins and 1 hit and run.
Yes I do have an alarm it even has a little LCD screen which shows me where they got into the car.

Old 08-01-2002, 01:26 PM

in mass ins. is a right and must be provided

not the most ethical path, but, get an address in mass ( a freind maybe) and register and insure car there.

probably cheaper too.

then while in NY, if you get pinched, say you are a full time grad student (from mass). as a student you keep home address while away at school.

good luck
Old 08-01-2002, 01:41 PM

I carry insurance through American Express. I found them on an online review of insurance services which found them to be some of the least expensive. They carry their own insurance and have no brokers (State Farm, etc). I've filed 2 claims, hit-and-run and winshield with no problems or increases in rates.

Give em a call...its worth a quote.

800-535-2001

I've found them to be cheaper than 90% of the companies out there, and they aren't a mom and pop.