5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Scheduled my Max in for the transverse link

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2002, 04:55 PM
Maxima Pilot

Scheduled my Max in for the transverse link

recall next Tuesday, while there one of the techs took me to the parts bin to show me the darn things...after seeing it I can see why several who have had the work performed comment on the car riding 'tighter' or 'smoother' or any other adjectives like that: the 'transverse link' contains two large compliance bushings and the lower ball joint...with all those parts being replaced I can see why a moderately-high mile car would definitely feel tighter.

And yes, it includes alignment.

PS: while I was there one of the sales guys actually wanted to buy my Max...it does look tight...two coats of Souveran last week, washed and spritzed this morning...
Old 07-27-2002, 05:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Scheduled my Max in for the transverse link

Make sure they keep your steering wheel straight. I am bent out of shape on mine. I have taken it in twice now to get this fixed. Monday it goes in and stays there till they fix it right. I am so fed up with this crap. Every time I tale my car in I have to take it back before they do it right. It gets old, ya know.

Good luck on the service.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:56 PM

Re: Re: Scheduled my Max in for the transverse link

Originally posted by dblrr900
Make sure they keep your steering wheel straight. I am bent out of shape on mine. I have taken it in twice now to get this fixed. Monday it goes in and stays there till they fix it right. I am so fed up with this crap. Every time I tale my car in I have to take it back before they do it right. It gets old, ya know.

Good luck on the service.
Amen brother. I have been back twice to get my steering wheel straightened out, and it goes back for the third time on Monday. When I got it back at first the steering wheel was turned 2 inches to the left with the front wheels straight (does that make sense?). First trip back they couldn't understand what the problem was, second trip back they helped it a bit, so they'd better get their sh*t together on Monday. 2 months old and 5 trips for service, and still waiting for my emergency brake handle and sunroof wind deflector parts to arrive and be installed.

Sorry - just venting. That, coupled with the grease stains the tech left on my mat, door, door sill, and seat cushion from his greasy shoes leave a bad taste in my mouth. Problem right now is I'm doing so many miles that I'll be visiting them often for oil changes and such - 3000 miles a month sucks.

But on a brighter note - still love my car! Needs a bigger rear sway bar though........