5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Anyone have the cattman exhaust with a Y-pipe and/or a Stillen rear valence?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Anyone have the cattman exhaust with a Y-pipe and/or a Stillen rear valence?

Hey guys the noise of my greddy exhaust and stillen Y-pipe is really starting to grow on me. I am attracting to much unwanted attention and I am thinking about trying out the cattman exhaust instead(I hear it's quite). So what I was wondering is if anyone has the full cattman cat-back exhaust in conjuction to a aftermarket Y-pipe? If you do could you please try to explain how the car sounds in termns of volume and sound quality? I was also curious if any one has the cattman exhaust with a stillen rear valence? I just wanted to make sure they both fit together. Thanks for any feed back and keep an eye out for my greedy exhaust in the 4sale forum(or email me a offer now).
Old 07-28-2002, 02:19 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: Anyone have the cattman exhaust with a Y-pipe and/or a Stillen rear valence?

Since when did you get a Stillen Y pipe ?? WTF !
Old 07-28-2002, 02:20 PM

Re: Re: Anyone have the cattman exhaust with a Y-pipe and/or a Stillen rear valence?

Originally posted by kloogy
Since when did you get a Stillen Y pipe ?? WTF !

Where the hell have you been? I have 3 threads in the general disscusion forum about the install and dyno results,
Old 07-28-2002, 02:23 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: Re: Re: Anyone have the cattman exhaust with a Y-pipe and/or a Stillen rear valence?

Originally posted by emax95

Where the hell have you been? I have 3 threads in the general disscusion forum about the install and dyno results,
Goes to show you that I dont visit that forum ! Put it on here ! It's a 5th gen mod ! Damn you Ethan !
Old 07-28-2002, 02:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone have the cattman exhaust with a Y-pipe and/or a Stillen rear valence?

Originally posted by kloogy

Goes to show you that I dont visit that forum ! Put it on here ! It's a 5th gen mod ! Damn you Ethan !
Haha, I like to let everyone know what the 2002 folks are up too . Now go search and reply to some of the stuff!
Old 07-28-2002, 04:25 PM
2K1HoMax

I just got the stillen kit installed less then a week ago, now i measured the opening in the gap for the exhaust and its 7" wide. now id say that leaves enough room for dual 3" tips w/o any worries of anything melting. the tips will still each be 1/4" away from the valence itself. now i was also thinkin of the cattman muffler but the price for that muffler is kinda up there, especially for a muffler. what i was thinking was to get this muffler.
http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/exhau...hemsin3du.html
its 19" long which is an inch shorter then the stock unit so it should be pretty quiet while cruisin but u get that borla sound once u hammer it. its only $120 and i was thinking the only problem would be the 3" inlet but i could just get a 2 1/2"-3" adapter after the cat and it should be just fine. now as for the fit its slightly smaller then the stock unit so it should be no problem at all. and u can just weld two tips of your choosing to the dual outlets. im gonna go with dual 3" tips should work just fine. let me know what u think of this. later

Old 07-28-2002, 05:01 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have the cattman cat-back w/ the cattman y-pipe and rt cat, it is quiet, once you get on the highway and pass 2800-3000 rpm, the sound cuts out, which i like alot. in other words you have a low humming like sound. hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2002, 09:21 PM

Re: Anyone have the cattman exhaust with a Y-pipe and/or a Stillen rear valence?

Originally posted by emax95
Hey guys the noise of my greddy exhaust and stillen Y-pipe is really starting to grow on me. I am attracting to much unwanted attention and I am thinking about trying out the cattman exhaust instead(I hear it's quite). So what I was wondering is if anyone has the full cattman cat-back exhaust in conjuction to a aftermarket Y-pipe? If you do could you please try to explain how the car sounds in termns of volume and sound quality? I was also curious if any one has the cattman exhaust with a stillen rear valence? I just wanted to make sure they both fit together. Thanks for any feed back and keep an eye out for my greedy exhaust in the 4sale forum(or email me a offer now).
so the greddy and y pipe is to loud?..hummm..i have the greddy cat-back and in my opinion it isnt loud enough for me!!.......is the greddy and y pipe so loud that it is annoying???..please explain...
thanks
albert
Old 07-28-2002, 09:39 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Re: Anyone have the cattman exhaust with a Y-pipe and/or a Stillen rear valence?

Originally posted by rob van dam

so the greddy and y pipe is to loud?..hummm..i have the greddy cat-back and in my opinion it isnt loud enough for me!!.......is the greddy and y pipe so loud that it is annoying???..please explain...
thanks
albert
thats weird, do your have a Y-pipe in your car.if you do you would understand. the y-pipe amplifies the exhaust note big time. the greddy exhaust has a very small resonator on it and with the addtion of a y-pipe would be very irritating because of the droning. with a stock setup and just the greddy cat-back it will sound just fine. now if you do have a y-pipe and a greddy catback and its not loud enough 4 u, i dont know what to say.

Old 07-28-2002, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by rob van dam

thanks
albert

The greddy is pretty loud with a Y-pipe but I would not really say it's insanely loud. It really depends on your tolerances for noise. Some times I love the sound but other times I kinda feel like a nuscance(S?)

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 07-28-2002, 09:45 PM
2K1HoMax

hey Ethan im just wondering how do u think the setup that i posted above would work, im thinking of getting that im my car but not decided yet.

Old 07-28-2002, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax
hey Ethan im just wondering how do u think the setup that i posted above would work, im thinking of getting that im my car but not decided yet.
I really don't know how it would sound or anything, it looks like it will fit fine though. I'm only in the market for a direct bolt on system
Old 07-28-2002, 11:01 PM
2K1HoMax

dont blame u, less headache.