5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

clutch noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 10:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

clutch noise

I have bought a 2002 SE a couple of months ago and I already have 12,000km on it (most of it highway driving).
After the first 3000km I have noticed a slight noise when engaging the clutch (every now and them the noise would appear especially in hot weather). Now I am getting the noise more consistently (I can hear it most of the time) and it is somehow louder than before.
It is a higher pitch noise, and it sounds like something would slip for a second or two.
Any idea about what may cause this?
I have quite a bad experience with my Nissan service (Dermac, Brampton, ON, Canada), so I am really nervous about them "fixing it".
I should ask them though,just to get an idea of the potential problem.

If you are experiencing the same problem or heard/seen of something similar, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Laurentiu
Old 08-20-2002, 04:51 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&pagenumber=3
Old 08-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: clutch noise

Originally posted by ldobrila
I have bought a 2002 SE a couple of months ago and I already have 12,000km on it (most of it highway driving).
After the first 3000km I have noticed a slight noise when engaging the clutch (every now and them the noise would appear especially in hot weather). Now I am getting the noise more consistently (I can hear it most of the time) and it is somehow louder than before.
It is a higher pitch noise, and it sounds like something would slip for a second or two.
Any idea about what may cause this?
I have quite a bad experience with my Nissan service (Dermac, Brampton, ON, Canada), so I am really nervous about them "fixing it".
I should ask them though,just to get an idea of the potential problem.

If you are experiencing the same problem or heard/seen of something similar, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you,
Laurentiu
Hey Laurentiu,

I am local to you in Mississauga... I have the same problems as you. Do you want to meet up at a dealerhsip on saturday morning and double team their @ss.. My car sounds so messed up.. Maybe we can test drive each others cars and determine how they differ and what other problems we can find!!

NEver dealt with Dermac... I am gettin the same noises as you and i am also getting the DYING SQUIRREL sound as well..

ED
Old 08-20-2002, 08:49 PM

Re: Re: clutch noise

Originally posted by MiniRX7

Hey Laurentiu,

I am local to you in Mississauga... I have the same problems as you. Do you want to meet up at a dealerhsip on saturday morning and double team their @ss.. My car sounds so messed up.. Maybe we can test drive each others cars and determine how they differ and what other problems we can find!!

NEver dealt with Dermac... I am gettin the same noises as you and i am also getting the DYING SQUIRREL sound as well..

ED
bump
Old 08-20-2002, 11:36 PM

This has been posted many times...

It has happened to my car TWICE. Brought it in for the dying squirrel sound at 2100 miles... they replaced my "disc assembly" and it was perfect for about 800 miles when it started to happen again. Now after 4200 miles I am taking it in on friday to have them fix it AGAIN. Luckily my dealership here in NJ is very helpful with these situations.

Auxnuke