5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

carbon fiber door pillars

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 06:59 AM
maxedout1

carbon fiber door pillars

Hey does anyone know where to get the carbon fiber door pillars for the max. I saw someone on the org. who has them but I forgot who. Anyone please help.

Old 08-05-2002, 07:09 AM
jjs

Re: carbon fiber door pillars

Originally posted by maxedout1
Hey does anyone know where to get the carbon fiber door pillars for the max. I saw someone on the org. who has them but I forgot who. Anyone please help.
Might this help?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....r+door+pillars

Ah, the joys of SEARCH!!
Old 08-05-2002, 07:24 AM

Re: carbon fiber door pillars

Originally posted by maxedout1
it must be me. www.wood-dash.com
Old 08-05-2002, 07:36 AM
maxedout1

you know you guys are the best

Old 08-05-2002, 08:49 AM

I interested in CF door pillars to go over the greyish looking door pillars that look aweful when the rest of the car looks so clean after detailing. I send wood-dash an email concerning the door pillars. Hopefully they still sale them.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by perrymaxima
I interested in CF door pillars to go over the greyish looking door pillars that look aweful when the rest of the car looks so clean after detailing. I send wood-dash an email concerning the door pillars. Hopefully they still sale them.
you should call them instead. talk to Eddie, he is cool
Old 08-07-2002, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by Vadim

you should call them instead. talk to Eddie, he is cool
I called and ordered the blue CF door pillars for $60. should be here buy Firday or Next week!
Old 08-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I called and ordered the blue CF door pillars for $60. should be here buy Firday or Next week!
please post pics!
Old 08-07-2002, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by TaiwanMaxima

please post pics!
I will posting pics of my masterpiece very soon
Old 08-08-2002, 11:45 AM

Hi Guys!

I worked with Eddie at NE Wood Dash to create the templates for the CF door pillars a long time ago. I had always wanted to do this and Eddie was the only person willing to do custom work at a reasonable price. I basically made carboard templates to the exact specs I wanted, and he cut out and created the CF pieces from it. They fit perfect and look great. I'm glad to hear that people are making use of this mod!

I have the pics of them installed, I'll upload them and post soon.
Old 08-08-2002, 02:54 PM

PICS

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computergeniu...illars%201.jpg

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computergeniu...illars%202.jpg

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computergeniu...ar%20Close.jpg

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computergeniu...lar%20Rear.jpg
Old 08-08-2002, 03:00 PM

Re: PICS

nice! Are they real carbon fiber?

charlie
Old 08-08-2002, 03:23 PM

Yes, they are the real deal from NE Wood Dash.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:51 PM

Originally posted by Maximizd
Yes, they are the real deal from NE Wood Dash.
how much are the CF pillars? is there a groupbuy on this?
Old 08-09-2002, 07:08 AM

how much are the CF pillars? is there a groupbuy on this?
Certainly NOT!

If you want to be as cool as me, you gotta expect to pay FULL PRICE!

Old 08-09-2002, 09:41 AM

How are they attached to the pillars? With 3M tape or something else? My vent visors are held together with 3M tape and they're starting to fall off
Old 08-09-2002, 11:20 AM

Originally posted by krazyd
How are they attached to the pillars? With 3M tape or something else? My vent visors are held together with 3M tape and they're starting to fall off
when you put those on you want to make sure you clean the surface with alcohol first. my pillars been on for 5 months and are as solid as they could be.
Old 08-09-2002, 05:55 PM

Re: PICS

Thanks for the pics Maximized, now i really can't wait for mine to come in. I am hoping the blue carbin fiber matches my Majestic Blue exterior. I think it will!
Old 08-10-2002, 08:48 AM

could you please post pics of BLUE CF door pillars? I want to see the difference between the original one. THanks
Old 08-10-2002, 08:54 AM

could you please post pics of BLUE CF door pillars? I want to see the difference between the original one. THanks
The pics will be up by this Tuesday maybe the door pillar haven't come in yet and Vyrus is coming over to my place to take pics of my car with his digital camera. Just subscribe to this tread and i will post the pics then or create a whole new tread displaying my car and the mods I have.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:28 PM

I was going to buy the black but I will wait for pics of your pillars perrymaxima. I hope they look as good as I think they will.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by B1GMATT
I was going to buy the black but I will wait for pics of your pillars perrymaxima. I hope they look as good as I think they will.
yea matt I hope they look good with our Majestic Blue i didn't ask for a sample of the Blue carbon fiber to see how dark the blue is I will keep my fingers clossed hopefully the blue is dark. If it is light I won't put them on my carbecause they will stand out and look silly.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:27 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've got some pics of em installed on my homepage. I may have been the first to copy Maximizd's excellent idea after meeting him at the Liberty State Park Maxima meet a while ago. Everyone is so afraid of change and being criticized for doing something different, until it finally comes to be accepted. You can see this now by the reactions to the new APC 5th Gen wing. Remember, it's your car, do whatever you like to modify it. You can either be like everyone else, which sometimes gets boring, or you can actually think and do new things that no one else has done to their ride. Personally, I like to be different. Peace.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:19 PM

Mine came in today It took me about 15 minutes to install them very easy and strait to the point. I was a little impatient when I started and you can tell from the driver side. It not as nice looking as the passenger but still a good install. These thinks won't come off trust me they aren't going to fall off anytime soon. I have the Blue carbon fiber and it matched my Majestic blue perfectly. They are a clean and understated modd you won't even know the are ther until you get close up and see the detailed door pillars which make the car look sportier. All in all I highly recommend them. Pics will be posted tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:23 PM

Those carbon fiber kits look great, I gotta look for them, somebody dented and scratched the oem ones, gotta cover them. I'm working with a friend of mine that fabs steel and i'm gonna see if he'll make something like this for me and i'll have them painted at a body shop to match the majestic blue on my car. I think that'll look great.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:27 PM

i have a good question....i have vent visors on my car, and i noticed today that the rear passenger vent visors attach to the rear passenger door pillars. i was just wondering how the the carbon fiber pillars fit onto the oem pillars with the vent visors on? pillager has vent visors with the carbon fiber pillars, but i couldn't see the rear passenger doors...
Old 08-12-2002, 08:28 PM

i have a good question....i have vent visors on my car, and i noticed today that the rear passenger vent visors attach to the rear passenger door pillars. i was just wondering how the the carbon fiber pillars fit onto the oem pillars with the vent visors on? pillager has vent visors with the carbon fiber pillars, but i couldn't see the rear passenger doors...
They sould go right over the rear door pillars.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:31 PM

They sould go right over the rear door pillars.
ontop of the vent visor pieces, or would i have to take off the vent visors?
Old 08-13-2002, 03:19 AM

ontop of the vent visor pieces, or would i have to take off the vent visors?
Do some modification of the door pillar Cut they are very flexable they are like salt water taffy really a pair of sizzers will do the job. Then put it right beneath the vent visor and use a very steady hand to apply the pillars.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:34 AM

Do some modification of the door pillar Cut they are very flexable they are like salt water taffy really a pair of sizzers will do the job. Then put it right beneath the vent visor and use a very steady hand to apply the pillars.
that sounds like a good idea, but does anyone have any pics of this process of it's been completed?
Old 08-13-2002, 04:40 PM

that sounds like a good idea, but does anyone have any pics of this process of it's been completed?
Yes ther e are picks on page one. Vyrus just took pic of my car w/close up of the CF door pillars i have them posted in a couple hours. Sit tight.
Old 08-15-2002, 01:43 AM

Here is a link to my pics they include close ups of the Blue Carbon fiber. I need to tweek the pillars a little they touch the wether proffing a little bit so I suggust that you move them up the door pillar a little more or cut them at the bottom a little bit

close up pics

another
Old 08-15-2002, 01:45 AM

Oh **** I just noticed a dealer sticker i my back passenger window damn service dept. I cleaned all the stickers off my ca rand they go put another one in my window so i cn get them some business.
Old 08-15-2002, 03:51 AM

Here is a link to my pics they include close ups of the Blue Carbon fiber. I need to tweek the pillars a little they touch the wether proffing a little bit so I suggust that you move them up the door pillar a little more or cut them at the bottom a little bit

close up pics

another
perrymaxima- AWESOME JOB!
btw, do you think blue CF pillars looks good with metallic blue (car color) or black CF?
Old 08-15-2002, 03:59 AM

perrymaxima- AWESOME JOB!
btw, do you think blue CF pillars looks good with metallic blue (car color) or black CF?
The blue will definately stand out on your car I'm not sure there are other colors available. email wood-dash.com and ask what colors they have.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:17 PM

Lookin great perry!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 08:15 PM

Originally posted by B1GMATT
Lookin great perry!!!
You like it yes, I'm just trying to represent the Majestic Blue crew! I signed your guess book sign mine
Old 08-21-2002, 01:18 PM

You like it yes, I'm just trying to represent the Majestic Blue crew! I signed your guess book sign mine
@perrymaxima - those blue CF pillars are looking NICE on your car man, nice job there! Welcome to the Carbon Fiber door pillar club!
Old 08-21-2002, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by Maximizd

@perrymaxima - those blue CF pillars are looking NICE on your car man, nice job there! Welcome to the Carbon Fiber door pillar club!
What I win!!! Next Carbon fiber rims, carbon fiber spoiler carbon fiber mudgards and carbon fiber driver etc...
Old 08-21-2002, 03:25 PM

What I win!!! Next Carbon fiber rims, carbon fiber spoiler carbon fiber mudgards and carbon fiber driver etc...
I noticed it looked like you had a wood dash trim kit installed in your car. Have you seen the pics of my carbon fiber kit (probably not since my site has been down for ages , but I can post again if you want) ?

Quick Reply: carbon fiber door pillars