5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Aftermarket Goodies from NISMO

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 07:55 AM

Aftermarket Goodies from NISMO

Does anyone know IF when NISMO parts become available here, if they will be as good as or comparable to aftermarket items. I am speaking of the Greddy catbacks, and Injen intakes in particular. Do you know if they will even have these kinds of parts?

It would be nice to have bolt-ons that Nissan would support. That way when we go in for simple TSBs or MAF replacements, they don't freak out and blame the mods.

Anybody know?
Old 08-05-2002, 08:55 AM

Re: Aftermarket Goodies from NISMO

Originally posted by 2002Maxxxima
Does anyone know IF when NISMO parts become available here, if they will be as good as or comparable to aftermarket items. I am speaking of the Greddy catbacks, and Injen intakes in particular. Do you know if they will even have these kinds of parts?

It would be nice to have bolt-ons that Nissan would support. That way when we go in for simple TSBs or MAF replacements, they don't freak out and blame the mods.

Anybody know?
So far, not much for us 2k2's. I keep checking though...try it:
http://www.nismoparts.com/
Old 08-05-2002, 10:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Aftermarket Goodies from NISMO

Originally posted by DrVolkl

So far, not much for us 2k2's. I keep checking though...try it:
http://www.nismoparts.com/
damn nothing at all for maximas
Old 08-05-2002, 10:17 AM

last time I chekced their catalog, they dun have anything for maxima. most parts they have are for their trucks, 240, and 300zx.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:50 AM

No Maximas

Yeah, that sucks. I don't see anything in there either. What is the Max called in Japan, and do they have parts for that car? I can't believe they wouldn't have parts for their so-called flagship.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:31 PM

Re: No Maximas

Originally posted by 2002Maxxxima
Yeah, that sucks. I don't see anything in there either. What is the Max called in Japan, and do they have parts for that car? I can't believe they wouldn't have parts for their so-called flagship.
There is no maxima in Japan as far as I know.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:41 PM
jjs

Cefiro...

Old 08-05-2002, 12:58 PM

Re: ...

Originally posted by jjs
Cefiro...

yep
Old 08-05-2002, 02:49 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

there has got to be something for us. Think about it, if NISMO is looking to bring the aftermarket to the states, AND give a warantee on it, how could they overlook the 3.5??? Its in the Z, G35, Max, I35, Altima, pathfinder...its in more than HALF their fleet of cars! I could be totally wrong, but it would be bad for them if they didnt bring over parts for the 3.5. I think the Z is going to be our saving grace..i can only hope though..i want more performace than handling!!

Old 08-06-2002, 01:28 AM

Originally posted by 92 SE-R 02 SE
there has got to be something for us. Think about it, if NISMO is looking to bring the aftermarket to the states, AND give a warantee on it, how could they overlook the 3.5??? Its in the Z, G35, Max, I35, Altima, pathfinder...its in more than HALF their fleet of cars! I could be totally wrong, but it would be bad for them if they didnt bring over parts for the 3.5. I think the Z is going to be our saving grace..i can only hope though..i want more performace than handling!!
You'd think the "flagship" of their "fleet" would have some options, eh?

Sometimes I think I shoulda bought that Altima...our max's are being outshined! No one wants to touch them cause they're outa here next year! The altima platform will be around for another 5 years AT LEAST! Total bummer!
Old 08-06-2002, 05:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That Nismo sight is more like an independent dealer than Nissan offering Nismo parts to the public. As of yet no plans are definite about Nissan bringing Nismo to the states...just gotta hang with the middle man for now.

In Japan the Maxima is the Cefiro but not really. The Cefiro is actually the I35. And here in Japan the flagship is now the Fairlady Z. In the US the Maxima might also be relinquishing the title back to the Z.

And don't fret about parts for the 3.5 With everything else using it the parts are coming. Patience young grasshopper.

Maxima platform dying out? Whatever. The Maxima has been around much longer than the Altima and for some reason if you didn't already know, it's getting a complete rebirth as an 04 model. Meaning it'll be around for at least 5 years more.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:01 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by elchino
That Nismo sight is more like an independent dealer than Nissan offering Nismo parts to the public. As of yet no plans are definite about Nissan bringing Nismo to the states...just gotta hang with the middle man for now.

In Japan the Maxima is the Cefiro but not really. The Cefiro is actually the I35. And here in Japan the flagship is now the Fairlady Z. In the US the Maxima might also be relinquishing the title back to the Z.

And don't fret about parts for the 3.5 With everything else using it the parts are coming. Patience young grasshopper.

Maxima platform dying out? Whatever. The Maxima has been around much longer than the Altima and for some reason if you didn't already know, it's getting a complete rebirth as an 04 model. Meaning it'll be around for at least 5 years more.
NISMO and Nissan Motorsport
two different things. the link that was provided above is from Nissan Motorsport. Nissan Motorsport is in the US. they develop nissan parts but they are not warrantied by Nissan in the US.

"NISMO" is the Nissan tuner company in Japan. they make more parts but they are rarely imported here. don't know why.

Nissan Motorsport parts are available in almost every Nissan dealership. they just need the part number from u.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:54 AM

I just realised Nismo will probably make cams for our 3.5L motors and they will install and warranty them for us I hope it's not going to be to much money though.