5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My beautiful paint....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Diznatin Mizaxima.org Mizember

My beautiful paint....

...scratched deliberately by a key...from the back panel all the way to the front. What should I do about this?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 08-07-2002, 01:37 PM
jjs

Re: My beautiful paint....

Originally posted by mr_elotoe
...scratched deliberately by a key...from the back panel all the way to the front. What should I do about this?!?!?!?!?!?
hunt the bastard down and skin it alive!!!

j/k

what IS there to do? Take it in to a shop...
Old 08-07-2002, 01:42 PM

continue the marks all the way around the car + claim it on insurance + pay deductible = new paintjob
Old 08-07-2002, 01:43 PM

That's the only thing to do take it to the shop and wish for 20 years of misfortune for the f**ks who did it. I feel your pain...
Old 08-07-2002, 01:44 PM

What are you complaining about. Now you get new paint without the optional factory chips..
Old 08-07-2002, 01:51 PM

Same thing happened to me! Some ****** keyed both sides of my paint as well. I didn't want to claim it on my insurance because I thought they would raise my rates.

Do insurance companies raise rates for keyed up paint? shop estimate was $2000 to fix, so i just used some touch up paint.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by NewbieMaxOwner
Same thing happened to me! Some ****** keyed both sides of my paint as well. I didn't want to claim it on my insurance because I thought they would raise my rates.

Do insurance companies raise rates for keyed up paint? shop estimate was $2000 to fix, so i just used some touch up paint.
How did that touch-up paint turn out.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:58 PM

I don't believe any insurance comany would raise rates for this alone. Don't be afraid to call your agent/company and ask... they can't raise your rates for asking and they can give you a better answer then us.
Old 08-07-2002, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by MarcusJY

How did that touch-up paint turn out.

i was still noticeable. it was darker then the rest of the car and it seems like as if it is wearing off, cuz the white line is showing through again. guess i either put more on, or contact insurance and get em to repaint.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:45 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

You know, people like this should have their ***** cut off. Why mess with an mans automobile? If i ever caught someone keying my car, i would break both his arms and after that Im sure he would NEVER do it again. And, of course, he would pay for a new paint job too!

Old 08-07-2002, 07:58 PM

WTF is wrong with people!! You know, most people I know work hard for the money. They save money to provide for their family, afford a nice car, etc. I'm one of those guys that park in the middle of nowhere, hoping that no **** is going to park and slam his/her door against my car. Today I get out of work and this **** squeezed his POS Malibu into a spot too darn close to my car for my taste. I was friggin' ready to kick his door if there was any damage in mine! I got there and was relieved that there was no dent in my car. But my question is WHY!!?? That parking lot NEVER gets full!! Why park close so close to MY CAR with soooooo many other open spots!!

Just venting... Sorry to hear about your car.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 97GLE
I don't believe any insurance comany would raise rates for this alone. Don't be afraid to call your agent/company and ask... they can't raise your rates for asking and they can give you a better answer then us.
Nope! If you don't want a claim don't call them! The minute you call is the minute you get your claim....even if they don't give you a dime! I speak from experience.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by GimmeTorq
WTF is wrong with people!! You know, most people I know work hard for the money. They save money to provide for their family, afford a nice car, etc. I'm one of those guys that park in the middle of nowhere, hoping that no **** is going to park and slam his/her door against my car. Today I get out of work and this **** squeezed his POS Malibu into a spot too darn close to my car for my taste. I was friggin' ready to kick his door if there was any damage in mine! I got there and was relieved that there was no dent in my car. But my question is WHY!!?? That parking lot NEVER gets full!! Why park close so close to MY CAR with soooooo many other open spots!!

Just venting... Sorry to hear about your car.
He was hoping to make his look better
Old 08-08-2002, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by Maximam

Nope! If you don't want a claim don't call them! The minute you call is the minute you get your claim....even if they don't give you a dime! I speak from experience.
Wow, I must say your insurance sounds messed up, but I don't know the law. Sorry about that.

I don't mean call and ask about an accident though... this is like when your windshield is broken, your wheels got stolen and your cars on blocks, etc. I know I've done this with farmers (bent LCA on a curb), my father with state farm (cracked windshield on J30, our conversion van was gutted, and our pathfinder was keyed), and my sister did so with geico with her Cavilier that was falling apart. None of us were forced into claims. My insurance agent told me my premiums would go up, so i fixed it myself. My sisters insurance did the same (she had both mechanical and body damage from age/accidents/poor maitnence) so she sold the car. Neither of us had to make claims, etc. My father and I fixed the pathfinder our selves. The conversion van we elected to fix a few things but leave out the TV/VCR to save money. The windsheild was very expensive and was actually cheaper to claim on insurance, but we weren't forced into a claim.

Well anyway, thats what I was speaking from, sorry if i mislead anyone. Maybe you should speak in hypotheticals...