5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Nissan has ruined my paint!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 01:49 PM

Nissan has ruined my paint!!!

I need some serious help... I took delivery on my 2K3 about 3 weeks ago and noticed after delivery that the paint on the bumper was bubbling quite bad. So, I brought it in to have it fixed. They said not a problem, we will need the car for one day. I get a call that day and they said the "airbrushing" did not work and we'll need it next week for another day to wet sand it. Now, the problem is after they "airbrushed" my bumper it looks MUCH MUCH WORSE! On top of that, they have managed to spray paint all over the front of the car. I guess you can call it overspray. The front of my car is completely ruined and I'm not sure what to do now. I don't think it well ever look the same again. Anyone have any experience with this or any ideas on how to handle it?? It's so bad I can barely sleep at night... All help is appreciated.

Thank You,

PJ
Old 08-10-2002, 01:59 PM

You should be getting a whole new complete paintjob, or since the car is so new, a new car should be on your mind also.

thats crazy ****
Old 08-10-2002, 02:29 PM

That's crap. Make them fix it. Repaint the whole front of your car at paint shop of your choice. Or better yet, replace the car. If not, raise h--- with Nissan.
Old 08-10-2002, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by 2k1seae
That's crap. Make them fix it. Repaint the whole front of your car at paint shop of your choice. Or better yet, replace the car. If not, raise h--- with Nissan.
I agree 100% with this post. Go for a new car. Your right in saying that it will NEVER look the same.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:09 PM

Document everything. Get photocopies of all the dealer's paperwork, and if they fail (the dealer) to rectify the situation to your 100% approval take it to Nissan directly.

When a friend bought a 98.5 Altima (She now has a 2k2 Max) it was a GXE and she had them add a spoiler and wood (or rather plastic that looked like wood) trim. When they installed the trim they totally did a terrible job and scratched the heck out of it getting it in. They refused to fix it.

One call to Nissan headquarters and it was immeadiately taken care of. Not only that, she got an apology from everyone on the staff that she dealt with and a free oil change. They never once questioned her integrity; and did everything to make sure she was completely satisfied with her new car.

Good luck to you.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Amadeus-Max 1

Take pics of the whole car and the damaged area. You should also ask to speak to the Dealer manager and tell him of the problem and that you will be calling Nissan since the dealership made matters worse with the overspray. And that if there can't be an agreement made to have the car painted at an autobody shop to your satisfaction your lawyer will contact them.

Old 08-10-2002, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by Amadeus-Max 1
Take pics of the whole car and the damaged area. You should also ask to speak to the Dealer manager and tell him of the problem and that you will be calling Nissan since the dealership made matters worse with the overspray. And that if there can't be an agreement made to have the car painted at an autobody shop to your satisfaction your lawyer will contact them.
Or better yet, video the condition of the car. Sometimes video can show the color variations !
Old 08-10-2002, 06:59 PM

Demand a new car! If you can't get a new car, try a claybar or wetsanding as a last resort. Don't settle for a repaint, it will kill your trade-in value. They should have removed the bumper from your car before painting it.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:52 AM

a new car indeed...

that's not what you paid for , do not except it. check you local lemon laws.
good luck
kj
Old 08-12-2002, 07:22 AM

Get some *****

You need to be firm with the dealer. This is a new car that u payed your hard earned money for and you should get a finish product that is dammmm near perfect. So get some ***** and GO UP THERE!!!
just my 2 cents.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:04 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

it's definitely worth contacting nissan, if the dealership won't work with you. nissan has pulled the franchise on at least one dealership in this area that was ****ing with customers and treating them poorly. they want a good rap, especially with buyers of flagship Max's. get them involved - they're likely the ones that will foot the bill for the work anyway...

squeaky wheel, man.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:07 AM

Yes try to get a new car, i know the feeling friving around in your brand new car that has a defect in it. Tell them to order you a new bumper from the factory that has been painted at the factory or try to get ot replaced. You just plopped down nearly 30k on that car.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:58 AM

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Update: I noticed that they have managed to ruin the hood of my car as well. Paint all over the place. Paint is all over the grill too. I am going to point all of this out to them on Thursday, and wait to see how it looks on Friday when I get it back. If I'm not happy, I am going to start going through the chain and making something happen. You guys are right, I just gave these clowns nearly 30k for the car. If I wanted these problems, I would have bought a cavalier.

Question: How do I go about checking my local lemon laws??
Old 08-12-2002, 11:35 AM

Question: How do I go about checking my local lemon laws?? [/B][/QUOTE]

http://www.lemonlaw.bbb.org/
Old 08-12-2002, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by pjonkheer
I noticed that they have managed to ruin the hood of my car as well. Paint all over the place. Paint is all over the grill too. I am going to point all of this out to them on Thursday, and wait to see how it looks on Friday when I get it back.
Don't wait until Friday, whatever they do it will decrease the value of your car. Make sure you document everything and take a lot of pictures. At this point I would contact Nissan directly.