5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Supercharger 101, what do I need and dont need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 06:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Supercharger 101, what do I need and dont need?

Alright, I searched for over 1hr on the search trying to find something, but our search is limited due to the way it works. I am ready to go supercharged in about 2-4weeks.

Now I have been looking at racks of different maximas on how they are supercharged. Talked to different people also. Still have questions and wondering what the heck I need and what not.

Well lets start with Gauges, I know I would want a Boost Gauge, and a Air/Fuel ratio gauge, and would the last one be the EGT gauge? But some people say if you have an EGT guage you can tell if you are running rich or lean, then there would be no reason for the Air/Fuel ratio. If so what would I put as the 3rd Gauge? And why does everyone pick the analog kinds instead of the digital ones?

#2 With all this Timing retard talk and this new thing that MardisGrasMax is showing, what do I need there? Do I need to have this Apexi RSM? What does it do? All I keep hearing is that it adjusts the timing or something. But what is all this talk about how the ECU only allows so much and then it will re-set the settings?

#3 I know the install it quite a whole day job requiring the coolant tank to be moved and alot of other things. But I am a man about doing it all myself, I dont like taking it to shops and paying for something that can be done with some friends. Is this possiblen for a first time S/C install?

#4 Valvebody recalibration??? Do I need this or not? I mean I know since I have an auto it is highly recommended but does it have to be done from MobilTek or can I get this done anywhere else?

#5 Exhaust, for a good S/C install you should definetely have a full 2.5" exhaust all the way back correct? I mean I dont have anything restrictive at the moment except by Bpipe which WSP is making me a custom one. But for the most part if you have a 2.5" from header back you should be fine correct?

#6 Lastly, now I am a man. So you know I want as much power as I can get. I know the pulleys come in alot of different sizes. I know the stock is 3.6" which makes about 6psi. Lets say I were to go to a 2.87" pulley which is going to do like over 13psi correct? What are the drawbacks besides stock internals and auto tranny falling apart? Is there where that thing MardisGrasMax would help because of knocking from the smaller pulley? Would I need that thing if I only went to a 3.125" pulley?

I will stop the questions here at the moment. Please only answer this thread if you KNOW the answer or have experience with it like HAVING a S/C. I dont want this to get threadjacked. I would like this to be as informative as possible and make it accessible from the FAQ.

Dixit
Old 08-10-2002, 06:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

SC on automatic thread

Or just do everything that Y2KevSE has done (except maybe the 2.87" pulley).

As for the valvebody mod, unless you live around Houston, good luck getting it from Mobiletek. Check some of the complaint threads, there's been some issues with communication and service. Unfortunately, Level 10 has had some complaints too, so you might have to find someplace else.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:48 PM
Used force to obtain Admin powers

Hi Dixit, this is Kevin (I don't want to use my account).

Well lets start with Gauges, I know I would want a Boost Gauge, and a Air/Fuel ratio gauge, and would the last one be the EGT gauge? But some people say if you have an EGT guage you can tell if you are running rich or lean, then there would be no reason for the Air/Fuel ratio. If so what would I put as the 3rd Gauge? And why does everyone pick the analog kinds instead of the digital ones?
I recommend a boost gauge and EGT gauge over the a/f gauge because I'm assuming you're buying Autometer gauges. If you are not getting the Autometer a/f gauge, I would get the GReddy a/f gauge since it has a control unit and a better O2 (which you will either have a new O2 bung welded or replace an existing O2). If you really want a 3rd gen, I would get a fuel pressure gauge. To me, analog is easier to notice than digital because you can remember short glances at the gauges compared to exact numbers. It's really up to you.

#2 With all this Timing retard talk and this new thing that MardisGrasMax is showing, what do I need there? Do I need to have this Apexi RSM? What does it do? All I keep hearing is that it adjusts the timing or something. But what is all this talk about how the ECU only allows so much and then it will re-set the settings?
You don't need it, but if you're going to do double digit boosting then I would recommend getting it. I'm doing 11 psi without any audible pinging, so you "should" be safe running that as well.

No, you don't need an RSM. http://www.rev-industries.com for more information. I believe you're talking about the AFC. It allows you to fine tune fuel at RPM points (7 or 8, I don't remember how many) that you set up. No, it doesn't reset on you... at least it hasn't happened to me (I've leaned points out to over 20% when I was running the 3.125 pulley with 8:1 FMU).

#3 I know the install it quite a whole day job requiring the coolant tank to be moved and alot of other things. But I am a man about doing it all myself, I dont like taking it to shops and paying for something that can be done with some friends. Is this possiblen for a first time S/C install?
Do the installation in steps. You can actually wire everything up (fuel lines, pump, FMU, power steering, horn, etc.) and still have the ability to drive the car. Ask or search for Jay25's SC posts. Yes, it's possible.

#4 Valvebody recalibration??? Do I need this or not? I mean I know since I have an auto it is highly recommended but does it have to be done from MobilTek or can I get this done anywhere else?
It is "highly recommended." You can purchase it from http://www.levelten.com.

#5 Exhaust, for a good S/C install you should definetely have a full 2.5" exhaust all the way back correct? I mean I dont have anything restrictive at the moment except by Bpipe which WSP is making me a custom one. But for the most part if you have a 2.5" from header back you should be fine correct?
Yes, 2.5" is recommended if you're not running over 10 psi.

#6 Lastly, now I am a man. So you know I want as much power as I can get. I know the pulleys come in alot of different sizes. I know the stock is 3.6" which makes about 6psi. Lets say I were to go to a 2.87" pulley which is going to do like over 13psi correct? What are the drawbacks besides stock internals and auto tranny falling apart? Is there where that thing MardisGrasMax would help because of knocking from the smaller pulley? Would I need that thing if I only went to a 3.125" pulley?
You're a man? I would hope so.

2.87" "should" give you around 13 psi. You listed all the drawbacks already.

Yes, MardiGrasMax's J&S Electronic retard box would definitely help if you're going to run that pulley.

No, you don't need it for 3.125" pulley. I'm not using it and I have the 2.87" pulley. With water injection and the 2.87", I only get 11 psi for some odd reason.

I think I know what I'm talking about. Hehehe
Old 08-10-2002, 09:21 PM

PM coming your way...
Old 08-10-2002, 09:54 PM

you live only like 4 or 5 hours from long island right? maximum tuning is doing valve body recals also. i have an appointment monday..but i have to leave the car there overnight. i dunno if that would be convenient for you or not..call up jeff at the store. hes having a mechanic do it for $375..or you could wait and i can tell you how mine goes..
Old 08-10-2002, 10:01 PM

Ok Kevin,

The gauge question is basically answered, I will get a Boost guage, EGT gauge. But now why would I need a fuel pressure gauge? what is going to help me in? Also side question, why are the apexi analog gauges like 200+ for each?

My bad, I meant to say AFC instead of RSM. So you highly recommend that. Now How do I adjust it according so I know I am on the ball. Do I have to set all the points on a dyno or can it be done just by watching my gauges? And how do I do that if I dont really have a a/f gauge? Im just scared on installing this and never fully harnessing the power of it cause it may not be tunned right and I will be off like 50hp. Now I know the S/C comes with a FMU, but why is everyone buying these new Walbro 255hp fuel pumps? Does the one that comes with the s/c not enough? or is it only good enough for a 6psi system?

Now lastly, why is this question of the intake piping is an issue on an Auto? I see alot of people who have it done and dont know what they did to get around it. Now I obviously want to do your CAI setup, but dont know if I would be doing that the same day or not, cause I need to rewire the MAF to be extended and what not.

Dixit
Old 08-10-2002, 10:12 PM

Even though you're ignoring the rest of us who have useful input, I'll post for prosperity and anyone else who cares.

For the AFC, you probably want someone who knows what he's doing to tune it for you like at a shop, or you can go on someone else's recommendations.

The upgraded fuel pump ensures that the correct amount of fuel is being supplied. The FMU controls how much should be supplied, but the pump actually supplies it. The upgraded pump does not come with the SC kit.

The intake pipe in the SC kit is for manual transmissions. The size of the auto transmission means the pipe doesn't fit correctly without modification. Honestly, I'd get the SC up and running before trying to set up the CAI or a BOV.

You're welcome .

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Ok Kevin,

The gauge question is basically answered, I will get a Boost guage, EGT gauge. But now why would I need a fuel pressure gauge? what is going to help me in? Also side question, why are the apexi analog gauges like 200+ for each?

My bad, I meant to say AFC instead of RSM. So you highly recommend that. Now How do I adjust it according so I know I am on the ball. Do I have to set all the points on a dyno or can it be done just by watching my gauges? And how do I do that if I dont really have a a/f gauge? Im just scared on installing this and never fully harnessing the power of it cause it may not be tunned right and I will be off like 50hp. Now I know the S/C comes with a FMU, but why is everyone buying these new Walbro 255hp fuel pumps? Does the one that comes with the s/c not enough? or is it only good enough for a 6psi system?

Now lastly, why is this question of the intake piping is an issue on an Auto? I see alot of people who have it done and dont know what they did to get around it. Now I obviously want to do your CAI setup, but dont know if I would be doing that the same day or not, cause I need to rewire the MAF to be extended and what not.

Dixit
Old 08-10-2002, 10:20 PM

Tanman I aint ignoring you. I did read the thread and was informed. I just aimed the first question to Kev, the rest sort of kept going. Sorry I did not break off and make it a general question. I mean if you or ANYone can answer it, it is welcome, I wont flame. I just want boost and want to boost right.

What is the exact modification that has to be done to the intake piping? I mean I know you said get it up first, but what if I cant get that pipe up or get it to fit since I got no clue what needs to be done. I want to do the CAI setup straight off the bat, but time is the problem. If I can set it all up, then Im ready.

Also one other question that came to mind. What is the deal with changing the spark plugs? I dont under stand how/what this hotter/colder plugs mean.

Lastly, why is you have to remove the UDP and re-install the stock crankshaft pulley? I mean if it is a belt issue, why not just get a smaller belt that will fit. Or is it because the UDP is 15% smaller and this reduces boost cause it spins slower. Now if that is the case, why hasnt anyone made a stock size aluminum pulley to also ease up 5-7hp from that stock pulley?

Dixit
Old 08-10-2002, 10:59 PM
Jer

Re: Supercharger 101, what do I need and dont need?

Hey BigDog, here's a few answers from me too if it helps;

1.) If you're an auto, I recommend the boost, tranny temp, and egt or a calibrated a/f autometer if you take the fancier a/f gauge route (I personally think you're better off with the EGT).

3.) Took me from about 7pm-5:30am after which I took a break to goto work, then from about 5pm to 11pm to finish up (yes, I didn't sleep for two days.. I just HAD to finish hehe). No problems though.. just had to tighten up the belt after 2 weeks and that was all..

4.) As mentioned above, I have an auto - but I don't have a VB yet since I just don't want to deal with Don unless I have to. I'm looking into other routes to take along with the rest of my tranny work, but you will see yourself - if you don't have the VB done one way or another, you will NOT be able to push your car (well, you can - but I wouldn't recommend doing it more than once to let your tranny show you not to do it again ) Get a cooler too.. and if you want to get more out of the car, get a better TC too.. it's definately on my list

5.) Check the group deal forum; they're setting up a 3" ypipe GD from cattman - I've jumped on this myself even though I'm still at "Stock" boost - it will make a minor diff over a 2.5, but why not get it now as I'll be going to higher boost later where the extra .5 may make the difference. I'm looking at making sure I get everything I can out of the car..

6.) You're not a chick? Crap, guess I'm not gonna get any cyber from ya for answering all these questions .. BOO!

Good luck man.. if you got any Q's, fire away here on in private and if I can I will answer.. I've only had my blower on since July 3rd though, so I'm not quite done with "Everything" yet (note I missed question 2 as I haven't done much re. fuel yet )... enjoy !

<snip>

<snip>

I will stop the questions here at the moment. Please only answer this thread if you KNOW the answer or have experience with it like HAVING a S/C. I dont want this to get threadjacked. I would like this to be as informative as possible and make it accessible from the FAQ.

Dixit
Old 08-11-2002, 12:26 AM

I'm loving my Cartech Adjustable FMU. No discs to deal with, and very tunable on the Dyno.

It's the one thing I'm really glad Loren sent with the kit when I bought it from him.

http://www.cartech.net/fmu2020.html

It pretty much eliminated he need for a S-AFC, although I'm thinking about getting one anyway, just to be extra well tuned.

IanS
Old 08-11-2002, 02:00 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Ok Kevin,

You asked for a 3rd gauge, so I suggested one. You can stick with those two other gauges since anything in addition will only make your cabin look like a airplane cockpit. A'PEXi gauges are expensive because they are electronic (some of them at least). They can give you a peak number, a warning when the measurement goes over your preset amount, and 30 second playback. They're ingiglo too. Hehehe

If you want to eek out all the hp you can get, then the SFC will help. You need to go on a dyno and adjust the device according to the air/fuel reading. If you're rich, decrease the percentage... if you're lean, increase the percentage. When you think you have the most efficient setting for a certain RPM, go up/down 1% to see if you lose power.

The pump that comes with the SC is enough to run all the boost you want (even up to 2.62"). All you need to do is change to the correct FMU disc.

Dixit
Stillen made the kit around a 5 speed, so they didn't take into consideration that the filter's location will run into the automatic transmission's shift linkage, fluid line system, etc. All you need to do is get a smaller filter with an adapter.

You might as well go with a CAI setup right off the bat. There's no use in buying two filter if you find out the automatic tranny fix filter is too big. Rewiring the MAF is no biggie. Just extend the wires. You've done stuff WAY more complicated than that.
Old 08-11-2002, 02:10 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Also one other question that came to mind. What is the deal with changing the spark plugs? I dont under stand how/what this hotter/colder plugs mean.
The SC will generate more heat with the extra fuel and air combusting. Too much heat will set off little explosions within your combustion chamber. These little violent, uncontrolled combustions will blow your motor. Colder spark plugs will decrease the heat of the spark.

PFR5G-11 - stock plug
PFR6G-11 - one step colder
PFR7G-11 - two steps colder

Lastly, why is you have to remove the UDP and re-install the stock crankshaft pulley? I mean if it is a belt issue, why not just get a smaller belt that will fit. Or is it because the UDP is 15% smaller and this reduces boost cause it spins slower. Now if that is the case, why hasnt anyone made a stock size aluminum pulley to also ease up 5-7hp from that stock pulley?

Dixit
The UDP will underboost your car. Since it drives everything on the belt, the pulley will "underdrive" the SC. You can be the first to make an aluminum crank pulley.
Old 08-11-2002, 02:11 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by iansw
It pretty much eliminated he need for a S-AFC, although I'm thinking about getting one anyway, just to be extra well tuned.

IanS
But you can't adjust fuel for different RPMs with your Cartech FMU.
Old 08-11-2002, 03:23 AM

So this FMU comes with discs? Or do I have to buy them according to which pulley size I drop in?

So techinically if I get an aluminum crank pulley my theory would work. But then I was thinking, since the UDP underdrives the SC, if you offset it with a one step lower in pulley size would this be still going backwards since the UDP is lighter and does free up HP? I mean I know the pulley size to boost would be off, but techinically it would be off on all of them. I know this is stupid question, but just wondering if I can actually leave it on, if I can, I might be dumb enough to go ahead while I get the stock one looked at and possibly made in aluminum.

Now when you were talking about more heat created by the air and fuel, it creates little explosions, this is considered knocking correct? This is where the J&S device would fix this by retarding the timing correct?

Am I actually getting a hold of this and on the ball?

Dixit
Old 08-11-2002, 10:13 AM

So this FMU comes with discs? Or do I have to buy them according to which pulley size I drop in?

So techinically if I get an aluminum crank pulley my theory would work. But then I was thinking, since the UDP underdrives the SC, if you offset it with a one step lower in pulley size would this be still going backwards since the UDP is lighter and does free up HP? I mean I know the pulley size to boost would be off, but techinically it would be off on all of them. I know this is stupid question, but just wondering if I can actually leave it on, if I can, I might be dumb enough to go ahead while I get the stock one looked at and possibly made in aluminum.

Now when you were talking about more heat created by the air and fuel, it creates little explosions, this is considered knocking correct? This is where the J&S device would fix this by retarding the timing correct?

Dixit
The Cartech doesn't have "discs". You just put it on a Dyno, adjust the top **** in the picture on their website for fuel pressure, and the side **** for when the FMU start working according to boost level.

SO I can go to a lower pulley size any time and just adjust it. No need to buy discs.

IanS
Old 08-11-2002, 10:40 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Yes, the FMU comes with a 6:1 disc, which will be good enough until you get to 3.25. Then, you "should" switch to the 8:1. I'm currently running 8:1 with the 2.87"

Yes, your theory is correct (same size aluminum crank pulley). Someone on here did some calculations on SC pulley vs. UDP. If you get a 2.62" pulley and use the UDP, that will be just like running a 3.33" pulley. If you know the diameter of the UDP, you can find out what the impeller speed is: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...pspeedv-2.html
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...rformance.html

We use a V2 S-Trim supercharger.

Dixit
Yes, pinging, knocking, detonating, etc. Yes, the J&S retard box will detect the ping and pull your timing.

Yup, you're asking all important questions... and yes, you're a man.
Old 08-11-2002, 10:42 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

The Cartech doesn't have "discs". You just put it on a Dyno, adjust the top **** in the picture on their website for fuel pressure, and the side **** for when the FMU start working according to boost level.

SO I can go to a lower pulley size any time and just adjust it. No need to buy discs.

IanS
The Cartech FMU is a good buy.

I'm planning on using this with the turbo kit.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

The Cartech FMU is a good buy.

Yeah, I already gave him that link, Kev

IanS
Old 08-11-2002, 01:59 PM

Alright, then it is settled. I am going to get this cartech FMU as soon as the whole S/C is installed.

Dixit
Old 08-12-2002, 06:38 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Yeah, I already gave him that link, Kev

IanS
Oops!
Old 08-12-2002, 07:59 AM

Alright, then it is settled. I am going to get this cartech FMU as soon as the whole S/C is installed.

Dixit
Why not just buy it before you install the SC, then you don't have to install the Vortech, uninstall it, and then install the Cartech?

You can just install the Cartech straight off.

Old 08-12-2002, 08:10 AM

Why not just buy it before you install the SC, then you don't have to install the Vortech, uninstall it, and then install the Cartech?

You can just install the Cartech straight off.

Well my bad, I forgot to mention that after talking to a couple of people I dont think I am going to get the Cartech FMU since the Vortech one is going to do just fine for what I want it to do. I know changing the discs are a pain in the *** but once it is set it is set. I dont plan on pushing more than 11psi anyways.

Dixit
Old 08-12-2002, 09:06 AM

Well my bad, I forgot to mention that after talking to a couple of people I dont think I am going to get the Cartech FMU since the Vortech one is going to do just fine for what I want it to do. I know changing the discs are a pain in the *** but once it is set it is set. I dont plan on pushing more than 11psi anyways.

Dixit
Yes, but you'll never get the exact A/F Ratio you want with a Vortech. or at least it's pretty unlikely you will.

The Cartech is adjustable with a screwdriver.

But whatever, dowhatchalike. Personally, I'd never run more than 9PSI on a Vortech FMU, but that's just me.

IanS
Old 08-12-2002, 09:33 AM
Used force to obtain Admin powers

Dixit
The discs aren't hard to change at all. It's a quick job. Should take you no more than a couple of mins to swap them out.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:41 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Turbo AND S/C?

Wow.
Old 08-12-2002, 09:42 AM

Jane you are right there. I know the vortech is not fine tunable, but that is what the Apexi S-AFC is for. That gives you 500rpm increments and abiity to set the Air/Fuel ratio on each increment. The Cartech cant do that, neither can the Vortech. It might be best to get a Apexi S-AFC regarless of which FMU you use.

That is why I dont see the point in getting the Cartech version. If you have other valid points, put them forward

Dixit
Old 08-12-2002, 10:04 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by bill99gxe

:goofy Turbo AND S/C? :goofy

Wow. :-D
SC for low end, turbo for high end.

Stop spamming the thread.

Dixit, you can use the Cartech to get in the range of the a/f ratio you're aiming for... then use the AFC to fine tune the rest of the way.

It's the same as doing it with the Vortech FMU and AFC... but you can't run larger injectors with the Vortech FMU.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:17 AM

But I would only need larger injectors if I plan on boosting past 11psi right? If I go all the way down to a 2.87 like you have, would it be recommended to go to the 370cc injectors like MardisGrasMax did?

Dixit
Old 08-12-2002, 10:22 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

But I would only need larger injectors if I plan on boosting past 11psi right? If I go all the way down to a 2.87 like you have, would it be recommended to go to the 370cc injectors like MardisGrasMax did?

Dixit
I'm still running rich with the 8:1 FMU disc on the 2.87" pulley. You won't be starving for fuel (look at turbo97se with his 11 psi turbo).

If you go past 11 psi, then it's a whole new ballgame.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:10 PM

Jane you are right there. I know the vortech is not fine tunable, but that is what the Apexi S-AFC is for. That gives you 500rpm increments and abiity to set the Air/Fuel ratio on each increment. The Cartech cant do that, neither can the Vortech. It might be best to get a Apexi S-AFC regarless of which FMU you use.

That is why I dont see the point in getting the Cartech version. If you have other valid points, put them forward

Dixit
Because the Cartech is better than the Vortech FMU, and you can save your money and not buy a S-AFC, because you won't need it.

IanS
Old 08-12-2002, 12:50 PM

Because the Cartech is better than the Vortech FMU, and you can save your money and not buy a S-AFC, because you won't need it.

IanS
Ians, Im not flaming at you, like I mentioned from the start, I am just trying to figure this out to help others who are making the jump to boosting.

Why would just the Cartech be better than the S-AFC? Like I said, the S-AFC allows you to set the a/f ration at each 500 rpm increment. This is key since it allows you to maintain a better control over the a/f ratio.

Or am I wrong? Anyone with info, answer away

Dixit
Old 08-12-2002, 01:00 PM

Ians, Im not flaming at you, like I mentioned from the start, I am just trying to figure this out to help others who are making the jump to boosting.

Why would just the Cartech be better than the S-AFC? Like I said, the S-AFC allows you to set the a/f ration at each 500 rpm increment. This is key since it allows you to maintain a better control over the a/f ratio.

Dixit
With the Cartech, you can set at what boost pressure the FMU kicks in, and it automatically makes that a graduated response, giving a very similar effect as the S-AFC.

But yes, the S-AFC is more exact. It's really a money thing, I suppose.

(And I didn't think you were flaming me)

IanS
Old 08-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Like I said, the S-AFC allows you to set the a/f ration at each 500 rpm increment. This is key since it allows you to maintain a better control over the a/f ratio.

Dixit
The SFC gives you 8 RPM points where you can adjust the a/f, not every 500 RPM.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:47 PM

SC for low end, turbo for high end.

CAN YOU GET ME A WRITE-UP ON THIS PRONTO AND FLY HERE AND HELP ME INSTALL IT FOR FREE THANKS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND OH BY THE WAY IT CAN'T TAKE MORE THAN A WEEKEND CUZ THATS ALL THE TIME I CAN SPEND ON IT AND OH DO YOU THINK WE CAN GO AHEAD AND DO THE 5-SPEED CONVERSION AS WELL???? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop spamming the thread.

Old 08-12-2002, 01:51 PM

According to their website it says
The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points.
Plus from that picture I counted 16 points on that screen. Kev you got the same gen? cause this is considered the generation2. Is that the same screen?

Dixit
Old 08-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by bill99gxe

CAN YOU GET ME A WRITE-UP ON THIS PRONTO AND FLY HERE AND HELP ME INSTALL IT FOR FREE THANKS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT AND OH BY THE WAY IT CAN'T TAKE MORE THAN A WEEKEND CUZ THATS ALL THE TIME I CAN SPEND ON IT AND OH DO YOU THINK WE CAN GO AHEAD AND DO THE 5-SPEED CONVERSION AS WELL???? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/B]

[/B]
Please refer back to the first post:
Please only answer this thread if you KNOW the answer or have experience with it like HAVING a S/C. I dont want this to get threadjacked.

Old 08-12-2002, 01:56 PM

Old 08-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

The SFC gives you 8 RPM points where you can adjust the a/f, not every 500 RPM.
Unless you use more than one.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:00 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

According to their website it says

Plus from that picture I counted 16 points on that screen. Kev you got the same gen? cause this is considered the generation2. Is that the same screen?

Dixit
Hehehe... do you believe what you think is right, or do you believe me? Yeah, I have the same one.

The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points
16 points, 8 for hi-throttle and 8 for lo-throttle. Per Keven97se, don't adjust the lo-throttle points because the ECU will relearn itself.

So you have 8 RPM points and you can do them in 500 RPM increments... so you can pick points like this:
which gives you 8 points.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:04 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: ...

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Unless you use more than one.
Hmmm..... I wonder if that's possible.... should be.

Quick Reply: Supercharger 101, what do I need and dont need?