5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Auto shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 12:34 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Auto shift ****

Hello. I own a 02 altima 3.5 SE auto, and I noticed that the maxima auto shift ***** looked very similar. The altima has a crappy rubber one, do the 02-03 maxima's have a leather wrapped one? If it does, do you think that it would fit on the altima? If so, is there anyone who has upgraded his or her auto shift **** and would like to sell the original one?
Old 08-13-2002, 07:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Auto shift ****

Originally posted by 3.5SE
Hello. I own a 02 altima 3.5 SE auto, and I noticed that the maxima auto shift ***** looked very similar. The altima has a crappy rubber one, do the 02-03 maxima's have a leather wrapped one? If it does, do you think that it would fit on the altima? If so, is there anyone who has upgraded his or her auto shift **** and would like to sell the original one?
Yes, the Max does have a leather one, although it is still pretty cheap looking and feeling. We are blessed with a button-less auto shift stick on the 02 Max and Altima that can be replaced with any aftermarket shift **** desinged for a manual transmission. MOMO makes some very nice ones.

<<<<<<<Check out my homepage for the one I have. Most people don't like it but oh well..........
Old 08-14-2002, 06:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Auto shift ****

Originally posted by suds1

Yes, the Max does have a leather one, although it is still pretty cheap looking and feeling. We are blessed with a button-less auto shift stick on the 02 Max and Altima that can be replaced with any aftermarket shift **** desinged for a manual transmission. MOMO makes some very nice ones.

<<<<<<<Check out my homepage for the one I have. Most people don't like it but oh well..........
Would you like to sell your old one?
Old 08-14-2002, 09:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Auto shift ****

Originally posted by 3.5SE

Would you like to sell your old one?
Sorry, I think I am going to keep it so I can put it back on when I get ready to trade the car in. By the time you paid me to ship it and everything it would probably be just as cheap to get it from Nissan anyways.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:30 AM

someone from altimas.net bought the Max shifter and it didn't fit our may look like the Altima's shifter but they are different. Do a search for the same topic at altimas.net the reason the max shifter doesn't fit the Altima will come up. Not all of the Manual sihifter will fit the Maxima eather something about the diameter of the shifeter shaft being smaller than the diameter of some manual shifters. this also was discussed at altimas.net in the same tread.
Old 08-14-2002, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by perrymaxima
someone from altimas.net bought the Max shifter and it didn't fit our may look like the Altima's shifter but they are different. Do a search for the same topic at altimas.net the reason the max shifter doesn't fit the Altima will come up. Not all of the Manual sihifter will fit the Maxima eather something about the diameter of the shifeter shaft being smaller than the diameter of some manual shifters. this also was discussed at altimas.net in the same tread.
I guess I shouldn't have said all will fit but I would guess that most will. The one I got (and I assume all MOMO's come like this) came with different sized rubber adapters that you put in the collar of the **** to make it fit the size of your shifter post.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by perrymaxima
yeah, I saw that.