5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HELP! HELP! What did I do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 01:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

HELP! HELP! What did I do?

I was trying to reground my fuel pump, and take off the resistor that limits the ground wire (as I had heard someone on the org had done to decrease fuel pump irregularity for Cali spec).

------------UPDATE---------
Whatever I did blew the fuel pump fuse. Car is now working.

Does anyone know where the resistor on the fuel ground is located (specifically)? Or if 5th gens even have them?
Old 08-17-2002, 01:27 PM

Re: HELP! HELP! What did I do?

Originally posted by Stikya
I was trying to reground my fuel pump, and take off the resistor that limits the ground wire (as I had heard someone on the org had done to decrease fuel pump irregularity).

I got under my back seat (drivers side) and found the fuel access door and followed the black wire bundle over to the corner where the seat meets the back door.

I found what I assumed was a small black resistor with .47 uF on it (and a white clip into it) and two black wires connected to it. These wires were coming from the fuel pump bundle, so I assumed this was it.

I cut the resistor off and tied the 2 wires together. The car wouldn't start. So, I put pulled the wires apart, and reinstalled the resistor. But, my car still won't start.

Anyone know what I did, or what that little black thing really is?
>47 uF is a capacitor, don't know what it's for, but it is probably polarized so try installing it both directions.