5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I didnt get my max on saturday and listen to this BS....(LONG.. sucks to be me)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 06:41 AM

I didnt get my max on saturday and listen to this BS....(LONG.. sucks to be me)

On Friday, i went to dealer #1 who said he could get my my max with what i wanted, take over the last two months of my lease ($350*2) and beat $373/month on a 36 month lease with 45k miles and $2 total out of pocket. I left a deposit last monday. He said i woudl have it by Saturday. He said he couldnt locate one yet. He said he would have the car for me today (monday) and at the very latest on Tuesday.

I have yet to call him as it is 9:26am.

So on saturday i went to another nissan dealer. I told them what i was quoted, etc. A sales manager came out with these prinout from a "nissan computer program" that said that dealer #1 was BSing me because with the car i wanted at that price because at invoice prices they are losing money.

He said that with the terms i wanted and making "no dealer profit" and "actually taking a loss by taking over my lease" that the cheapest i could lease would be $420 month. I was floored and severly ****ed off.

Now i also realize that he is a salesman and wants to earn my business (steal my money) and is speaking half-truth to me. So he ran some numbers and said that if i changed my lease to 36k miles that it would be $412. Im thinkig this helps as i think i will buy the car at end of lease... no need to pay for extra miles anyway, but still....

So then he proceeds to tell me he has, on the lot,a 03 6-speed SE with titanium package, sunroof, HLSD, splashguards, wind deflector (only option i want), but also has Meridian and Leather (two thing i dont want).

he said that under the terms i want, it would be $439/month. Basically $27/month more for things i don't want. So then i said to him, if you can give me the one you have on lot for the price of the one i want, i may be much more willing to lease. he tells me to hold on and then comes back and says that i could get the loaded one for $412. I said thanks and left tellign i woudl call today.

So then i thought this to myself... he is goign to give me leather and meridan for free.. as he puts it..... He said he woudl be taking a loss already givign me the car i want for $412 and then he offers me a more expensive car for the same price... therefor MORE loss... especially since those two options are not exactly cheap.

doesnt make sense.

Anyway, im calling dealer #1 and saying get me my car by end of day today or a writeen and signed guarantee that they will have it by Wednesdat on site ready to go or i want my deposit back.

I may go to the second dealer and say give me the loaded one for $400 (i'll say $390) and i'll sign right now. also try to kick up the miles to 45k..... i'm still unsure..... this sucks, i hate everyone...

any comments? thanks in advance
Old 08-26-2002, 07:07 AM

Re: I didnt get my max on saturday and listen to this BS....(LONG.. sucks to be me)

I bought my 02 SE a month and a half ago. I got mine for $477 under invoice and the Nissan $1000 cash back. Dealer#1 sounds like your best deal because dealer#2 is full of ****. Invoice is not what the dealer paid and no dealer will ever take a loss to sell a car. Who would ever buy a car for (for example) $23000 and turn around and sell it for $22000. The only loss they are taking is on the already huge profit they make.

Originally posted by Domo Kun
On Friday, i went to dealer #1 who said he could get my my max with what i wanted, take over the last two months of my lease ($350*2) and beat $373/month on a 36 month lease with 45k miles and $2 total out of pocket. I left a deposit last monday. He said i woudl have it by Saturday. He said he couldnt locate one yet. He said he would have the car for me today (monday) and at the very latest on Tuesday.

I have yet to call him as it is 9:26am.

So on saturday i went to another nissan dealer. I told them what i was quoted, etc. A sales manager came out with these prinout from a "nissan computer program" that said that dealer #1 was BSing me because with the car i wanted at that price because at invoice prices they are losing money.

He said that with the terms i wanted and making "no dealer profit" and "actually taking a loss by taking over my lease" that the cheapest i could lease would be $420 month. I was floored and severly ****ed off.

Now i also realize that he is a salesman and wants to earn my business (steal my money) and is speaking half-truth to me. So he ran some numbers and said that if i changed my lease to 36k miles that it would be $412. Im thinkig this helps as i think i will buy the car at end of lease... no need to pay for extra miles anyway, but still....

So then he proceeds to tell me he has, on the lot,a 03 6-speed SE with titanium package, sunroof, HLSD, splashguards, wind deflector (only option i want), but also has Meridian and Leather (two thing i dont want).

he said that under the terms i want, it would be $439/month. Basically $27/month more for things i don't want. So then i said to him, if you can give me the one you have on lot for the price of the one i want, i may be much more willing to lease. he tells me to hold on and then comes back and says that i could get the loaded one for $412. I said thanks and left tellign i woudl call today.

So then i thought this to myself... he is goign to give me leather and meridan for free.. as he puts it..... He said he woudl be taking a loss already givign me the car i want for $412 and then he offers me a more expensive car for the same price... therefor MORE loss... especially since those two options are not exactly cheap.

doesnt make sense.

Anyway, im calling dealer #1 and saying get me my car by end of day today or a writeen and signed guarantee that they will have it by Wednesdat on site ready to go or i want my deposit back.

I may go to the second dealer and say give me the loaded one for $400 (i'll say $390) and i'll sign right now. also try to kick up the miles to 45k..... i'm still unsure..... this sucks, i hate everyone...

any comments? thanks in advance
Old 08-26-2002, 07:20 AM

Re: Re: I didnt get my max on saturday and listen to this BS....(LONG.. sucks to be me)

Originally posted by Lumbee799
I bought my 02 SE a month and a half ago. I got mine for $477 under invoice and the Nissan $1000 cash back. Dealer#1 sounds like your best deal because dealer#2 is full of ****. Invoice is not what the dealer paid and no dealer will ever take a loss to sell a car. Who would ever buy a car for (for example) $23000 and turn around and sell it for $22000. The only loss they are taking is on the already huge profit they make.

i doubt i would be able to an 03 for under invoice as they are new, etc.... and this month nissan is giving $500 cash back....

Dealer #2 was so friendly and up-front with me and 'laying it on the table"... i was instantly more on my guard because of that. $400/month + down payments = $16,000 over 3 years and a residual i think was in the 13,xx range... maybe more....(really cant remember) so then if i buy the car after that 3rd year, with finance rates, i will pay over $30k for the car..... yikes.....
Old 08-26-2002, 07:35 AM
Very sound, Mike

There's really not much "new-ness" on the '03s especially since they're basically clearing out any Maxima on the lot in preparation for the 2004 coming out sometime in March.

In any case, Lumbee799 is right. Dealerships get the cars at roughly 3-5% below invoice price. So even at invoice they still make money - albeit not as much.

Stay far away from #2.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:36 AM

Some of those numbers seem pretty in line, others are a bit off base. I was in the same situation you were about 7 weeks ago. I had 2 payments left ($398 x 2) on my '00 Max SE and purchased a '02 SE 6-speed w/HLSD and all options but the Navi. It was when the $1000 rebate was still in place. After much negotiating, I got the '02 for $408/mo, 36 mo, 15K a year with $2600 total cash out of pocket (that includes first payment and no security deposit). They also paid my last two payments on my '00 lease (as I confirmed it by speaking to NMAC). This is my 4th Max SE from this dealer and I know they don't screw with me. Hopefully these numbers will give you an idea of what is fair and what isn't...
Old 08-26-2002, 07:42 AM

Originally posted by carguyrob
Some of those numbers seem pretty in line, others are a bit off base. I was in the same situation you were about 7 weeks ago. I had 2 payments left ($398 x 2) on my '00 Max SE and purchased a '02 SE 6-speed w/HLSD and all options but the Navi. It was when the $1000 rebate was still in place. After much negotiating, I got the '02 for $408/mo, 36 mo, 15K a year with $2600 total cash out of pocket (that includes first payment and no security deposit). They also paid my last two payments on my '00 lease (as I confirmed it by speaking to NMAC). This is my 4th Max SE from this dealer and I know they don't screw with me. Hopefully these numbers will give you an idea of what is fair and what isn't...
excuse me for being a retard, but...

you LEASED an 02 SE with everythign but NAV with these terms
$408/month
3years
45k total miles
$2600 total out of pocket
finishing off current lease $796?

if thats true, then am i getting a better deal (if i get him from $412-$400) since he offered
$412/month
3 year
36k miles (i may argue that 45k is a necessity)
$2000k total out of pocket (first payment, etc.)
Old 08-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Stick with dealer 1. The dealer makes money even if they sell the car at invoice. Get something in writing ASAP though.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

No tot mention residual money they receive through the companies that write the lease

DL
Old 08-26-2002, 10:24 AM

excuse me for being a retard, but...

you LEASED an 02 SE with everythign but NAV with these terms
$408/month
3years
45k total miles
$2600 total out of pocket
finishing off current lease $796?

if thats true, then am i getting a better deal (if i get him from $412-$400) since he offered
$412/month
3 year
36k miles (i may argue that 45k is a necessity)
$2000k total out of pocket (first payment, etc.)

I was posting my info so you knew that your deal was decent.

Keep in mind that you will pay approximately $.10/mile to buy mileage ahead of time as opposed to $.15/mile afterwards. My lease is 45K, yours is 36K. That in itself is an additional $900 difference making mine a better deal. Especially since the dealer has not agreed to selling you the car for $400/month...
Old 08-26-2002, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by carguyrob

I was posting my info so you knew that your deal was decent.

Keep in mind that you will pay approximately $.10/mile to buy mileage ahead of time as opposed to $.15/mile afterwards. My lease is 45K, yours is 36K. That in itself is an additional $900 difference making mine a better deal. Especially since the dealer has not agreed to selling you the car for $400/month...
i know... i was goign on assumptions....
Old 08-26-2002, 11:42 AM

Well i got my 02 6 speed with sunroof and all except the mardian and leather package for 1500 out of pocket 316 a month with tax included for 39 months 36k miles..hope that helps with numbers....and make sure you still negotiate...since they tried selling me mine for 420 a month for 40 suttin months and 15 thousand miles ..they always try to rip people off.....i got them to go 100 dollers less...dont give up
Old 08-26-2002, 12:55 PM

Originally posted by Tcsfinest
Well i got my 02 6 speed with sunroof and all except the mardian and leather package for 1500 out of pocket 316 a month with tax included for 39 months 36k miles..hope that helps with numbers....and make sure you still negotiate...since they tried selling me mine for 420 a month for 40 suttin months and 15 thousand miles ..they always try to rip people off.....i got them to go 100 dollers less...dont give up
when was this for an 02.... thats a great deal, btw... was it recent and a 'leftover'? im just curious.....

i just told him that this is my final offer

$399/month
45k miles
36 months
$500 from nissan
$2k (inludes first payment and fees)

I can deal with that.... i think.....

everythign except Nav.

i did forget to mention the $700 remaining on my current lease...

im waiting for the callback
Old 08-26-2002, 01:21 PM

when was this for an 02.... thats a great deal, btw... was it recent and a 'leftover'? im just curious.....

i just told him that this is my final offer

$399/month
45k miles
36 months
$500 from nissan
$2k (inludes first payment and fees)

I can deal with that.... i think.....

everythign except Nav.

i did forget to mention the $700 remaining on my current lease...

im waiting for the callback

I leased my 02 in april.....make sure 399 is with all tax included ....i guess 399 sounds right for 45k ..but if i was you i'd still try to work on that dont give in...and remember whatever price you discuss remind the dealer thats with tax included.....a kid i know got the same an 02 but with all option ...no navi $0 down....for 399 a month....hope that might help a lil bit more.....
Old 08-26-2002, 01:24 PM

I leased my 02 in april.....make sure 399 is with all tax included ....i guess 399 sounds right for 45k ..but if i was you i'd still try to work on that dont give in...and remember whatever price you discuss remind the dealer thats with tax included
ahhhh... thanks.... im stickign to my guns on this one..... 2k TOTAL out of pocket... thats it.... nothing more..... if they say no.... i'll leave... its not like i need the car tomorrow.. i have until October 15th on my current car.

although someone just said i can get a 328 for that price.... uh oh.. i just placed a call to my insurance agent to check insurance differences.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:31 PM

ahhhh... thanks.... im stickign to my guns on this one..... 2k TOTAL out of pocket... thats it.... nothing more..... if they say no.... i'll leave... its not like i need the car tomorrow.. i have until October 15th on my current car.

although someone just said i can get a 328 for that price.... uh oh.. i just placed a call to my insurance agent to check insurance differences.

where in NJ are you located maybe you can goto the same dealer i got my car from
Old 08-26-2002, 01:33 PM

where in NJ are you located maybe you can goto the same dealer i got my car from
North jersey...

i have been to Route 23 nissan, Route 46, and Lynnes' (Bloomfield) and have called every other dealer within 20 miles....
Old 08-26-2002, 01:39 PM

North jersey...

i have been to Route 23 nissan, Route 46, and Lynnes' (Bloomfield) and have called every other dealer within 20 miles....
im in North Jersey also all of those dealers i went to they all suck.....i live by jersey city...got mine from difeo nissan in jersey city....u might want to try that out...and if u want i'll go with you today
Old 08-26-2002, 01:39 PM

North jersey...

im in North Jersey also all of those dealers i went to they all suck.....i live by jersey city...got mine from difeo nissan in jersey city....u might want to try that out...and if u want i'll go with you today
Old 08-26-2002, 01:40 PM

i called them and they never called me back.... where in JC? i used to live in the heights and on Broadway before that
Old 08-26-2002, 01:46 PM

i called them and they never called me back.... where in JC? i used to live in the heights and on Broadway before that
Its on Rt440 talk to a dealer called AL Freeman....if you want ill come and talk to him ...show them my lease agreement might help a lil
Old 08-26-2002, 01:47 PM

Its on Rt440 talk to a dealer called AL Freeman....if you want ill come and talk to him ...show them my lease agreement might help a lil
i know where it is.... im goign to call him now and just ask over the phone.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:52 PM

i know where it is.... im goign to call him now and just ask over the phone.
let me know what he says..he's somewhat slow...but he'll try to jerk you if he doesnt think your serious
Old 08-26-2002, 01:53 PM

let me know what he says..he's somewhat slow...but he'll try to jerk you if he doesnt think your serious
can you PM me your name maybe.... i dont want to be like "this guy i dont know on the internet got this deal from you"