5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

M5 owners PHEER Kevin-g

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 04:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This is the link. http://www.nowack-tuning.de/de/press.../bmwm5_car.htm
They went from 400bhp to 503bhp by changing the intake, working a bit on the exhaust, and programming the ecu to accomodate the change in fuel and air. It's just crazy. I think BMW is holding out on this engine. But i hope i backed up my assumption. I didn't want to make that suggestion without proof.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

500hp!?!?!?!

Originally posted by sorcereur
By the way i'm new to posting on this forum. Been reading for a while and couldn't help on this subject. Have you guys read the articles where every German tuners take the M5, change the intake of the car and the exhaust and get an instant 500hp?
The M5 intake is very restrictive supposedly and is shaped oddly to go around the engine. Maybe purposefully but who knows. I'm going to try to find some of those articles.
The famous M5 i'm thinking of is black, it has 2 holes cut out of the front bumper to accomodate for the new intake. Now i have to find it again because it was all they did to the car. Change the intake and exhaust and they got ~100hp instantly.
Boy i'm going to get flamed for this . But oh well, it doesn't stick to me.
Yeah, try and find those articles please.

I'm hoping there was a DINAN chip in there also. BMW's are tuned to produce a fat powerband, so if DINAN got to play with the ECU, it's most likely just a peak number that sacrificed the powerband. Lot's of tuners optimize for a PEAK number, so they can sell it.
Old 08-29-2002, 04:53 PM
BugNout

Originally posted by SprintMax
BugNout seems a bit jealous.. and i didn't list all of kev's mods.. i just listed the ones i had and idea about.. and the question was has he spent $30k in mods not if he has $30k of mods on his car and from the fact he has done all the otehr stuff and if you include 2 sets of rims.. he is at 30k.. man don't be mad because someone's ***** is bigger than yours
I guess the 6spd G35 I have being delivered shortly will make up for it. : Plus I will be keeping my Maxima.

Sounds to me like your the one who is jealous since your car is almost 8 years old and your probably paying rent at your mom's house.

Btw nice car you have there.... the white rims make it look so refined!

Old 08-29-2002, 05:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BugNout

I guess the 6spd G35 I have being delivered shortly will make up for it. Plus I will be keeping my Maxima.

Sounds to me like your the one who is jealous since your car is almost 8 years old and your probably paying rent at your mom's house.

Phatguy ... is that you?

Old 08-29-2002, 05:13 PM

Re: 500hp!?!?!?!

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Yeah, try and find those articles please.

I'm hoping there was a DINAN chip in there also. BMW's are tuned to produce a fat powerband, so if DINAN got to play with the ECU, it's most likely just a peak number that sacrificed the powerband. Lot's of tuners optimize for a PEAK number, so they can sell it.
I posted a link to the article. Here is another link http://www.m5-n500.de/de/presse/bmwm5/bmwm5_bmwcar.htm
It's about the same car, but this is the official link to the car. They call it the Nowack N500 (Dark Destroyer). This link has a picture of the front air inlets that was talking about.
Dinan had nothing to do with the car and it wasn't chipped. It went from 400bhp at 6600rpm with 369lb ft at 3800rpm, to 503hp at 7700rpm with 465lb ft at 3400rpm. I hope that gives you an idea.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:32 PM
Administrator

I guess the 6spd G35 I have being delivered shortly will make up for it. : Plus I will be keeping my Maxima.

coulda woulda shoulda.. i already told you i have 3 cars.. 1 of which is a 2002 that could probably buy your house.. i told you that when you were using PhatGuy..

i am not jealous.. i could care less..

yeah i love my white rims too..
Old 08-29-2002, 05:35 PM

Duh!

Show me a Max owner who has $30K in mods not including stereo/multmedia? How much do you think Kev has spent? $30k? No where near that....
UMMMM calm down buddy. Dont get all hurt over a statement I made.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:36 PM

well lets see now..

SC = $3000
Turbo = $4000
Body Kit = $1000
Rims = $3000
Tranny Swap = $4000
Brake Upgrade = $2000
Wing = $300
BOV = $300
AFC = $300
RSM = $200
Injectors = $800
2k2 Headlights = $1300
Y Pipe = $300
Catback = $500
RT Cat = $150
Valve Body = $400
Fuel Pump = $100
Oil Cooler = $200
Pulley's = $200
Ground Controls = $300
Koni Yellows $400
Camber Plates = $100
RSB = $200
FSTB = $150
RSTB = $150
Sub Frame Connectors = $200
Gauges = $500
V1 Radar = $400
Battery = $150
Aquamist = $450
Tranny Cooler = $80

thats over $24,000

Factoring shipping and Labor and he is pretty much close to or over 30k.. dood shut the f#ck up.. you keep posting dumbsh!t you don't know about..
Thank you Sprint
Old 08-29-2002, 05:38 PM

You said $18K not me. Take the time and read the thread! The $6K off is on the $30,000 (aznwonton estimate) not the $24,000 (sprintmax's estimate) both of which are high... Mr. Mad Accountant!
UMM.. FOOL, I didnt say Y2KevSE's Maxima had 30g's in modifications either...
Old 08-29-2002, 05:55 PM

I could believe that something is very restritive on the m5; if you look at factory stats only vs the m3, kinda makes you wonder why they even make the m5.... The heavier m5 has more hp, but is only a little bit faster; it almost seems to be at a disadvantage to it's cheaper sidekick the m3 which is lighter and therefore better handling, which is what I thought BMW's were all about...

Someone mentioned BMW being conservative on their HP. Last year a friend purchased a brand new m3 and had it sent to a shop in california before he touched it and it only dynoed 1 hp above what the factory says. BTW, what kind of dyno is that called when they take the engine out of the bay to get the true hp?

If you ever visit any BMW boards, it's interesting that evidently they set their speedometer's off by 10% because on all of the "top speed" threads people will say speedo '160', real speed '144.'
Old 08-29-2002, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by nforg
I could believe that something is very restritive on the m5; if you look at factory stats only vs the m3, kinda makes you wonder why they even make the m5.... The heavier m5 has more hp, but is only a little bit faster; it almost seems to be at a disadvantage to it's cheaper sidekick the m3 which is lighter and therefore better handling, which is what I thought BMW's were all about...

Someone mentioned BMW being conservative on their HP. Last year a friend purchased a brand new m3 and had it sent to a shop in california before he touched it and it only dynoed 1 hp above what the factory says. BTW, what kind of dyno is that called when they take the engine out of the bay to get the true hp?

If you ever visit any BMW boards, it's interesting that evidently they set their speedometer's off by 10% because on all of the "top speed" threads people will say speedo '160', real speed '144.'
M5=4 doors
M3=2 doors

That's the reason the M5 is built and they still sell them vs the 3. Also, there is a certain cache with a 5 series over the 3. I'd happily take either one.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:32 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally posted by sorcereur
By the way i'm new to posting on this forum. Been reading for a while and couldn't help on this subject. Have you guys read the articles where every German tuners take the M5, change the intake of the car and the exhaust and get an instant 500hp
dude...did you even read the article all the way? 500HP with just intake and exhaust mah azz!!!

Just SKIMMING it I picked up the following:

1) Modified intake system
2) New exhaust manifold = HEADERS
3) Full cat-back exhaust system.
4) Ported/polished cylinder head.
5) Reprofiled/reseated valves.
6) NEW CAMSHAFTS!!
7) Reprogrammed computer.
8) Rev-limiter bumped up from 7200 to 7800rpm!
9) Uprated clutch.
10) Some suspension mods.

Yeah. Just intake and exhaust and an instant 500 HP!
Old 08-29-2002, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by SteVTEC
dude...did you even read the article all the way? 500HP with just intake and exhaust mah azz!!!

Just SKIMMING it I picked up the following:

1) Modified intake system
2) New exhaust manifold = HEADERS
3) Full cat-back exhaust system.
4) Ported/polished cylinder head.
5) Reprofiled/reseated valves.
6) NEW CAMSHAFTS!!
7) Reprogrammed computer.
8) Rev-limiter bumped up from 7200 to 7800rpm!
9) Uprated clutch.
10) Some suspension mods.

Yeah. Just intake and exhaust and an instant 500 HP!
I was just going to mention the same thing. Knowing how much it takes to tune a Bimmer I wouldnt bet that the kit listed costs somewhere around 50k.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by Jaws

M5=4 doors
M3=2 doors

That's the reason the M5 is built and they still sell them vs the 3. Also, there is a certain cache with a 5 series over the 3. I'd happily take either one.

Ahhhh, I didn't know the m5 was 4-door.... I don't think I've ever even seen an m5 now that I think about it....
Old 08-29-2002, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by MAX2000JP
I was just going to mention the same thing. Knowing how much it takes to tune a Bimmer I wouldnt bet that the kit listed costs somewhere around 50k.
Seriously...M5's are VERY low-production cars. To develop that amount of serious mods for them considering the relatively tiny number of owners, you just won't be able to makeup any R&D costs over volume, so they'd have to SERIOUSLY jack up the prices...

50k would not surprise me!
Old 08-29-2002, 07:45 PM

M5s are slower than M3s. There are a bunch of track vids out there that prove it. The Power to weight ratio is lower so it really makes sense.....

BMW has deliberately understated the M3s numbers otherwise who is going to waste there money on an M5? I mean lets face it the only way you can tell it is an M5 is because of the quad exhausts and the M badge..........
Old 08-29-2002, 07:53 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by Finality
M5s are slower than M3s. There are a bunch of track vids out there that prove it. The Power to weight ratio is lower so it really makes sense.....

BMW has deliberately understated the M3s numbers otherwise who is going to waste there money on an M5? I mean lets face it the only way you can tell it is an M5 is because of the quad exhausts and the M badge..........
Yeah true, but then even the M3 has quad exhaust and an M-badge...so Mfive owners must have some deep dark reason for buying a car more expensive and slower than the M3...perhaps, they're compensating for something*cough**cough* wink wink nudge nudge say nore more.

Old 08-29-2002, 07:54 PM

You forgot one other way to tell it's an M5. It leaves you so bad that it's already pulled about 10 car-lengths on you before you're even half way through 1st gear when you WERE trying, and even when the M5 had FOUR passengers seated comfortably in it!!!

Yes, that really did happen to me!

BTW, ALL BMW numbers are understated a bit. BMW tends to rate their power a bit conservatively. I didn't know this, but a friend of mine that has a 330Ci told me, and a little web research showed it to be arguably true.

EDIT: And if you have $55k to blow away on a new M3, then what the heck is another $20k to step up into an M5 with 60 more HP, a buttload more torque, and a much more roomy and comfy interior that will actually seat four?
Old 08-29-2002, 08:41 PM
BugNout

Originally posted by clee130

Phatguy ... is that you?

Yup!

Old 08-29-2002, 08:45 PM
BugNout

coulda woulda shoulda.. i already told you i have 3 cars.. 1 of which is a 2002 that could probably buy your house.. i told you that when you were using PhatGuy..

i am not jealous.. i could care less..

yeah i love my white rims too..
Sure there playa! You and hogan are more a like than I thought. Maybe your mom can buy you a new Y-pipe or something BIGSHOT.

PS At least I own a house!

Old 08-29-2002, 09:27 PM
Used force to obtain Admin powers

I thought he did most of the labour himself. Also he probably didn't buy everything brand new. Plus he probably sold some of the old stuff. Plus the high number of $24,000 is $6000 off. From the looks of his responses "YOU" are the one that is way off. There is no way he spent $30,000 on his current mods less anything he sold plus the fact he is selling the SC.

:rolleyes :
He bought everything new (except for the s/c). Or, he took them off of my car. Regardless, he has spent WAY too much money on the car.

Sprinty: Yes, he bought 2 sets of Volks, stupid APC wing, stupid under body neon kit, WAY too many red hoses. Those damn hoses start to add up.

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

Kevin needs dealer? must be that time for the solenoid and TCM TSB....

wonder what did the dealer said about the SC......
No way are we going to bring his car into the dealer. Usually, the dealer runs are with my car.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by Jane97SE

He bought everything new (except for the s/c). Or, he took them off of my car. Regardless, he has spent WAY too much money on the car.

Sprinty: Yes, he bought 2 sets of Volks, stupid APC wing, stupid under body neon kit, WAY too many red hoses. Those damn hoses start to add up.

No way are we going to bring his car into the dealer. Usually, the dealer runs are with my car.
So negative with Kevin
Old 08-29-2002, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
So negative with Kevin:-p
The 'man' of the relationship lays the smack down! hehehe

Old 08-29-2002, 09:53 PM

The M3 and M5 is a drivers race. They are almost dead even if you look at 1/4 times. The E46 M3 numbers arent underrated, but the E36 was underrated if you look at it. BMW manual transmissions are very very efficient, which means more hp to the ground.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:58 PM

BMW manual transmissions are very very efficient, which means more hp to the ground.
Either the tranny's are extremely efficient, or they just underrate power a bit (guaranteeing a "minimum" level of performance) instead of overstating power like "some" Japanese manufacturers

I think it's more likely that BMW just underrates power a bit, but that's JMO
Old 08-29-2002, 10:01 PM
BugNout

The M3 and M5 is a drivers race. They are almost dead even if you look at 1/4 times. The E46 M3 numbers arent underrated, but the E36 was underrated if you look at it. BMW manual transmissions are very very efficient, which means more hp to the ground.
The outcome could go either way:

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=80

Old 08-29-2002, 10:07 PM

The outcome could go either way:

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=80
That guy driving the M5 had no clue how to drive. He would be lucky to run a high 13s from what I see.
Old 08-29-2002, 10:12 PM
BugNout

That guy driving the M5 had no clue how to drive. He would be lucky to run a high 13s from what I see.
We hope Kev can beat that particular M5 driver! Will be sweet to see his track times and dynos or better yet run an M5 a few times would be nice!

Old 08-29-2002, 10:58 PM

Damn that M5 driver sucked!! If you watch close you can see him get his car all out of shape and the back-end flopping around off the launch!

I'm not saying that I could launch it any better though. hehe
Old 08-29-2002, 11:44 PM

Keep dreaming M5 is a nice 13 second car but the M3 is still faster looks a lot better on the inside and the outside (I've only ever seen Black on Black M5s for some reason so I could be wrong about the interior). If you walked into the car without taking a look at the back you would just assume its your very average 5. Whats the point of that? Its nice for a sleeper look but when I spend $80K on a car I want it to look like its worth the $80K. Besides going by that mentality for another 20K you could just buy an SL55 AMG. NO WAY is anyone going to mistake that car for something stock

I would fear that car in a manual version we're talking about low 12s / high 11s on street tires

Guess we just have to wait and see if BMW has a good response for this car. Or does it already exist in the form of a Z8? Speaking of Z8s I saw a Z8 Berlina a month ago or whatever the model is called. No BMW markers on it + Berlina rims etc, cool thing about it is it had the shift gates as the main console view.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Sure there playa! You and hogan are more a like than I thought. Maybe your mom can buy you a new Y-pipe or something BIGSHOT.

PS At least I own a house!
owwwww.. nice come back.. you are right my mom did by my y pipe.. and she did that because she wanted to.. but since i have spent more money in mods than you did buying your car.. your idle chitter chatter doesnt phase me.. i was wondering why such a newbie had attitude.. but of course.. its an old member with a grudge and ***** evny.. whats the matter PG.. are you upset that you are black and someone's ***** is bigger than yours?
Old 08-30-2002, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Like your mom's?
You seem to like talking about **** a lot? You seem to have a passion for it?
i am not sure if your mother is equipped with a *****.. unfortunatley mine isn't.. more power to you..

i have a passion for using it its too bad i couldn't have been your dad.. you would have shown me alot more respect.. so unfortunate the dog beat me over the fence first..
Old 08-30-2002, 06:33 AM
BugNout

owwwww.. nice come back.. you are right my mom did by my y pipe.. and she did that because she wanted to..
Ahhh did you go crying home to mommy after you got destroyed by that Sentra after all your hype and talk? I guess your excuses for getting killed with your awesome Maxima with cool white rims convinced her...like giving her baby a candy to shut you the f#ck up! That was too funny!
Living at home driving around acting like a Mack Mr.Wannabe! You probably live in a rented townhouse in the projects.

are you upset that you are black and someone's ***** is bigger than yours?
Like your mom's?
Guy you seem to talk about **** a lot! Get yourself a girl, stop paying rent then talk to me playa!

You fronted on me b!tch! You got anything to say use the private messaging system BIGSHOT!

Old 08-30-2002, 06:42 AM
BugNout

i am not sure if your mother is equipped with a *****.. unfortunatley mine isn't.. more power to you..

i have a passion for using it its too bad i couldn't have been your dad.. you would have shown me alot more respect.. so unfortunate the dog beat me over the fence first..
Well at least I know who my dad is the dawg that he is!
Do you know who your daddy is?
I would knock you out in one b!tch slap! No joke!

Old 08-30-2002, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Ahhh did you go crying home to mommy after you got destroyed by that Sentra after all your hype and talk? I guess your excuses for getting killed with your awesome Maxima with cool white rims convinced her...like giving her baby a candy to shut you the f#ck up! That was too funny!
Living at home driving around acting like a Mack Mr.Wannabe! You probably live in a rented townhouse in the projects.
judging from the fact my mother doesn't even live in the US kinda counts out the theory of me living at home huh? which is more than i can say for you who's woman who you had in your sig ran off with a guy with an altima and thtas why you are so bitter.. going from forum to forum trying to hide the hurt and pain you feel.. its ok PG. .its ok dawg

you guys must have some nice projects in Canada

Like your mom's? Guy you seem to talk about **** a lot! Get yourself a girl, stop paying rent then talk to me playa!

You fronted on me b!tch! You got anything to say use the private messaging system BIGSHOT!
i don't need to private message you ****.. i feel fine chatting with your dumbass right here...

i don't need a girl.. i have many women.. think about that son.. don't get mad because your woman left you for a altima man..
Old 08-30-2002, 06:43 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by SteVTEC
The 'man' of the relationship lays the smack down! hehehe

Me~~><~~You
Old 08-30-2002, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Well at least I know who my dad is the dawg that he is!
Do you know who your daddy is?
I would knock you out in one b!tch slap! No joke!
yeah.. i know who my dad is.. i see him every weekend since we have a business deal/web page deal going...

punk your like what 5'10 / 130 lbs soaking wet? son.. one of my punches and you wouldn't wake up for days
Old 08-30-2002, 06:50 AM
BugNout

yeah.. i know who my dad is.. i see him every weekend since we have a business deal/web page deal going...

punk your like what 5'10 / 130 lbs soaking wet? son.. one of my punches and you wouldn't wake up for days
I'm sure your call him daddy and do "business" with him.

Ask anyone who has met me if I am 5'10/130.

Hmmmmm slow down playa!

Old 08-30-2002, 06:53 AM
Administrator

ask anyone who knows me.. thats not me you idiot.. thas my cousin i took the picture you dumbass
Old 08-30-2002, 06:54 AM
BugNout

ask anyone who knows me.. thats not me you idiot.. thas my cousin
Yet another b!tch? I got more...
I'm really surprised Hogan didn't lay some licks to you?

Quick Reply: M5 owners PHEER Kevin-g