5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My 2k2 6spd vs. BMW 330ci

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 05:56 PM

Originally posted by MAX2000JP

How is what he said a racist remark? I am not agreeing with him, but he wasnt using any derogatory remarks.
Its not 100% racist, but its like saying.. "oh hey whiteboy go eat your crackers" or "hey mexican boy go eat your burritos.." how about "hey black boy go eat your soul food?" get my point? Ignorance came from him.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
Its not 100% racist, but its like saying.. "oh hey whiteboy go eat your crackers" or "hey mexican boy go eat your burritos.." how about "hey black boy go eat your soul food?" get my point? Ignorance came from him.
I think if someone said "oh hey whiteboy go eat your crackers" to me. I would laugh
Old 08-31-2002, 06:22 PM

I wouldnt care if someone called me a cracker or called me a kraut. People get all bent out of shape with that kind of stuff. I could care less if someone made fun of my nationality. I am an american, now if someone started to talked down on Americans I would mind.
Old 08-31-2002, 06:27 PM
Got Bent?

this thread sucks

Old 08-31-2002, 06:29 PM
Administrator

its totally differnet if you have never been a minority.. just because you don't have a view of racisim from the other side of hte fence thus puts you in a situation where you have no idea what its like... i am black.. and i found his comments very deragorty

just because you are white and you might get hated on maybe 1 time every 2 months .. you won't have any idea.. try maybe 1 time ever 2 hours and then you will understand..

on the other note.. i would take a 330CI over a 2k2 6spd anyday.. in fact thats my future plan
Old 08-31-2002, 06:39 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
its totally differnet if you have never been a minority.. just because you don't have a view of racisim from the other side of hte fence thus puts you in a situation where you have no idea what its like... i am black.. and i found his comments very deragorty

just because you are white and you might get hated on maybe 1 time every 2 months .. you won't have any idea.. try maybe 1 time ever 2 hours and then you will understand..

on the other note.. i would take a 330CI over a 2k2 6spd anyday.. in fact thats my future plan
I think it all depends on the area you live. I have friends of all different races and they have never been discriminated against or had derogatory comments directed towards them in my presence. I really thought that after 9/11 my friend Nasem was going to get some odd looks and maybe some rude comments, but it never happened. People just need to be tolerant and not get bent out of shape over words.

On topic....You would be an idiot not to take a 330CI over a 2k2
Old 08-31-2002, 06:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

WHOM EVER THINKS THAT THE THING THAT I SAID IS RACIST, POINT IT OUT... I AM PURE ASIAN... I AM NOT RACIST!!!!! NOR WILL I EVER BE... I AM JUST MAKING FUN OF HIS NICK... ASIANWONTON.... SO I ASSUME THAT HE IS ASIAN AND LIKES TO EAT WONTON.... wHAT IS RACIST ABOUT THAT..... IF MY NAME WAS ASIANBURRITOS THAN YOU CAN ASSUME I AM ASIAN AND LIKES BURRITTOS...

IF YOU DONT WANT ME TO CALL YOU BY YOUR NICK THAN I WILL CALL YOU "WHATEVER" YOURE NICK IS ASIANWONTON BOY THEN I ASSUME YOU ARE ASIAN JUST LIKE ME AND LIKE TO EAT WONTON....

OK WE CAN ALL ASSUME THE WE ALL LOVE OUR MAX, HOWEVER THERE ARE OTHER CARS OUT THERE THAT ARE A LITTLE OR A LOT BETTER... BUT WHAT I TRYING TO SAY. I HAVE MY OPION ON.. AND I JUST THINK THE 330 WILL BEAT THE 2K2 MAX 0-60....

THIS IS A DISSCUSION FORUM, SO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT I THINK...
Old 08-31-2002, 07:08 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally posted by NismoFan
WHOM EVER THINKS THAT THE THING THAT I SAID IS RACIST, POINT IT OUT... I AM PURE ASIAN... I AM NOT RACIST!!!!! NOR WILL I EVER BE... I AM JUST MAKING FUN OF HIS NICK...
eh? I'm not sure but i don't think anyone was saying you were. Unless i missed the post that pointed it out directly at you. AFAIK the posts were aimed at jcphamer's posts.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:12 PM

Originally posted by soundmike

eh? I'm not sure but i don't think anyone was saying you were. Unless i missed the post that pointed it out directly at you. AFAIK the posts were aimed at jcphamer's posts.
Same person???
Old 08-31-2002, 07:13 PM
Very sound, Mike

Same person???
That's what i thought too!
Old 08-31-2002, 07:13 PM

Sprint stop lieing over PM's..
Old 08-31-2002, 11:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by jcphamer

Asian Boy,

first of all you have been eating to much wonton.... and rice... they dont mix well. you think that maxima.org sticker and your rear fast and furious spoiler give your car extra horse power!!!!

You said that a 2k2 max will toast a 330. i dont think so... it might beat it if it have some mods or the driver is better... but i said if all things were equal... no mods, same driver, ect. The gear ratio of the 330 is for low end torque and it will take off faster. hence the 0-60 is .3 faster than the max. that have been tested and it will be the same all the time..

Look at your post man you dont make sense and you must be eating the wonton when you post... first you say that 330 and 2k2 are the same 0-60 and then you say 2k2 will toast a 330... and now you say bmw suks.

dude give me a new 330 and throw in a stage 3 turbo, modify intake and exhuast and i will smoke any ricer out ther with nos and the stupid spoiler which they think will give them horsepower...
Considering your status on the forum, I'm pretty sure many of us here would have assumed you would have even the smallest clue on what you are talking about, but apparently many of us were mistaken. You continue to spit out numbers that are in magazines...hey many of us can read too, so theres no point in restating that C&D ran this time with one car and that time with another car. Also obvoiusly you are not a newbie to this boards, I'm surprised that you are quite ignorant in the fact that you honestly believe that the magazine time by X Magazine is the fastest for that specific vehicle. You should have read enough posts to see that many 2002 6spd drivers have easily gotten their car into the low to mid 14s, mid 14s being the most common with average drivers, and both seeing trap speeds anywhere between 96-99mph. I know the capability of the 330i/330ci 5spds, and yes they are quick, but not nearly as quick as a 6spd 2002. No one here is disputing the overall better handling that the 330 scores over the 2002 Maxima, and if you haven't realized BMW cars tend to score extensively higher marks in magazines than their american or japanese counterparts, why, simply preference of the editors believing that BMW makes the greatest cars in the world, which is not much different than your mindset of the given situation. I'm trying to find the easiest way to state this, WE KNOW THE BMW HANDLES BETTER, WE KNOW THE BMW HAS A BETTER INTERIOR, READ THE FREAKING FIRST THREAD, IT WAS ABOUT WHICH IS FASTER IN A STRAIGHT LINE. I apologize to all other members of the board for my use of caps, cuz thats usually a no-no. Before coming in here and making YOUR claims, do some research on both cars and you won't make an *** of yourself to everyone. The 330 is fast in a straight line, faster than it should be considering its numbers, meaning it has excellent engineering, for its power output it runs surprisingly fast times, but its still not comparable to a 2002 6spd, 330's haven't run as quick ETs or trap nearly as high as a 2002 6spd. Had you bothered to look up information on both cars OUTSIDE of magazines, you would not have been arguing the fact that the 2002 6spd is faster than a 330.
Peace

Terry
Old 09-01-2002, 12:48 AM

330 ci vs. 2k2 max in a crooked line...!!!!!!

Originally posted by SkylineGTR

Considering your status on the forum, I'm pretty sure many of us here would have assumed you would have even the smallest clue on what you are talking about, but apparently many of us were mistaken. You continue to spit out numbers that are in magazines...hey many of us can read too, so theres no point in restating that C&D ran this time with one car and that time with another car. Also obvoiusly you are not a newbie to this boards, I'm surprised that you are quite ignorant in the fact that you honestly believe that the magazine time by X Magazine is the fastest for that specific vehicle. You should have read enough posts to see that many 2002 6spd drivers have easily gotten their car into the low to mid 14s, mid 14s being the most common with average drivers, and both seeing trap speeds anywhere between 96-99mph. I know the capability of the 330i/330ci 5spds, and yes they are quick, but not nearly as quick as a 6spd 2002. No one here is disputing the overall better handling that the 330 scores over the 2002 Maxima, and if you haven't realized BMW cars tend to score extensively higher marks in magazines than their american or japanese counterparts, why, simply preference of the editors believing that BMW makes the greatest cars in the world, which is not much different than your mindset of the given situation. I'm trying to find the easiest way to state this, WE KNOW THE BMW HANDLES BETTER, WE KNOW THE BMW HAS A BETTER INTERIOR, READ THE FREAKING FIRST THREAD, IT WAS ABOUT WHICH IS FASTER IN A STRAIGHT LINE. I apologize to all other members of the board for my use of caps, cuz thats usually a no-no. Before coming in here and making YOUR claims, do some research on both cars and you won't make an *** of yourself to everyone. The 330 is fast in a straight line, faster than it should be considering its numbers, meaning it has excellent engineering, for its power output it runs surprisingly fast times, but its still not comparable to a 2002 6spd, 330's haven't run as quick ETs or trap nearly as high as a 2002 6spd. Had you bothered to look up information on both cars OUTSIDE of magazines, you would not have been arguing the fact that the 2002 6spd is faster than a 330.
Peace

Terry

Terry, first of all consider my status... well let me tell you about my knowledge, with respect to others. you have just enter college exploring life... i have graduated out of professional school.. I am sure many of us can read, or else we will not be reading this... SO what are you saying Terry! the Magazines are lying? many of the test that are done in the magazines 0-60 are done by "professional" drivers getting their best time...!!!!! I dont think you can do anytime better then them..... If you have been reading most of these post... the max 2k2 does not have any reviews at all... most of the 0-60 time are here say.. we can assume that it is around 6.2 sec at best becuase NISSAN claims the ALTIMA 3.5 SE which has the same engine and a better exhaust to be 6.2... I am sure most of the editors of the magazines are not idiots they hire professional to do all their testing...not some kid who is a high shcool drop out...

So you are telling me that the editors are LYING and saying that BMW are the greatest car in the world... YOu should TEST DRIVE ONE. before you say wrong things... Editors do have preference just like US>>>> But i dont think that they are influencing US>... the BMW speak for itself...it is a quality made car, with a low depreciation.. Look at your max and how much has it depriciated????

OK so most of you guys thinks that in the straight line with all your facts!!!!!(no review from any magazine???) hum i wonder why??? that the 2k2 can beat the 330 in a straight line... then It is ok for me to say that the 330 beat the 2k2 in a crooked LINE.. by that i mean if the streets have curves....
Old 09-01-2002, 01:10 AM

OH and to explain NISMOFAN post,

He is my freind i just posted that when i was at his house... That was Mine post...!!!
Old 09-01-2002, 01:33 AM

Nismo man,

we all know that your max is so f*****n great!!! As you can see, some people do agreed that the 330 is a better car. it is you who is saying dumb things (MO)..
I am just saying the 330 is a good car.. i am not saying the 2k2 max is not great. however. i think in terms of 2k2 max vs. 330 ci. i think the 330 will win in terms of handling, performance, and overall quality. Look inside your Max MO.... you think that is better made than the 330 interior... you must be smoking some joints when you post this... get your head out of the bucket of dung dude...
Originally posted by NismoFAN
jcphamer,

What's your point? So we get it, u'd take a 330 over a max. That's f*ck'n great. Thanks for informing all of us regarding your worthless opinion. Why don't u do us all a favor and sell your max and get a bimmer then??? Oh, maybe u once did but got kicked off the bimmer boards too for saying dumb things. poor thing.

Mo
Friends?
Old 09-01-2002, 01:38 AM

Friends?
yeah... do you have a problem with that... wonton boy...
Old 09-01-2002, 01:39 AM

BMW

Maxima's 255 hp vs. BMW 225 hp

The Maxima should be the clear winner in a straight line. If its not, that is a poor job of engineering by the Nissan corporation. Thirty for horsepower for God's sake. And more torque too. And don't give me that gear ratio crap.

Jesse
Old 09-01-2002, 01:45 AM

yeah... do you have a problem with that... wonton boy...
Nothing just didn't seem like you guys were friends. Thats all.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:03 AM

Nothing just didn't seem like you guys were friends. Thats all.
well i didn't know it was him til a couple of his post after...
Old 09-01-2002, 03:36 AM

Re: BMW

Originally posted by 02MaximizedVQ
Maxima's 255 hp vs. BMW 225 hp

The Maxima should be the clear winner in a straight line. If its not, that is a poor job of engineering by the Nissan corporation. Thirty for horsepower for God's sake. And more torque too. And don't give me that gear ratio crap.

Jesse
Dont wanna be flamed or anything, just mentioning an opinion . I though I saw a 330ci test 0-60 in ~5.5sec I dont know, the cl-s gets to 60 in 6.2 w/260hp. Sounds a lot like the 2k2 max w/255hp and 6.2sec also. Sounds reasonable, not horrible engineering since both acura and nissan have similar specs. Maybe the bimmer just has better engineering (power efficiency) than most other cars thats all. most other tests for the bimmer land around high 5's to low 6's. I would say all-in-all that its too close to call. If you want to believe the 330 is slower, then it's just a tad slower. If you wanna believe the max is slower, then its just a tad slower! I dont think any one car really OWNS the other... Just an opinion that's all
Old 09-01-2002, 07:56 AM

Stillen sux

I do agree with your opinion...They are both fast cars... and i dont think anyone disagree that the bmw is better made. but to say that a max can toast or bmw sux is or the editors dont know what they are writing or the professional drivers dont know how to drive a car 0-60 is just rediculous. I am not saying my max sux. but for the value it is a good car... But if money wasnt a problem and paying of all my loans from school. then i would take the bmw not becuase editors are in favor of it... but it is a well built car..

I wanted to make this point. If a 2k2 max is stock and an M3 E36 year 97 is stock. with almost the same horsepower and torque on both cars. Do you guys think our max can beat it in a straight line.??????????????? who ever answer this yes--- I like to see...!!!!!!!

As you guys can see our with same horsepower and weight with the M3 we are no match...why becuase BMW engineering is better than ours....

If you guys says a 330 vs a 2k2 is about the same...Dude what happen to our 30 extra horses??? where did that go....
YOu guys also realize that these BMW have a greater lost of hp since they are RWD.... OUr MAX is FWD... You have to see that our VQ3.5 engine are not design as well... with so many horses but where did they all go??? LOOK at the 350Z, Same engine better 0-60...Better made car!
Old 09-01-2002, 08:06 AM
Very sound, Mike

I do agree with your opinion...They are both fast cars... and i dont think anyone disagree that the bmw is better made
And i agree on those facts as well, however as the initial poster asked - we're answering based on facts gathered from several events and not just a sampling from a couple of magazines. It's about realworld performance and how regular drivers like you and me can deal with the power our vehicles give us access to.

I've beat my own share of vehicles that would have rave reviews in magazines and i've also been beaten by vehicles that have less than remarkeable reviews.

AFAIK, my 2k2 gives the 330ci a run for the money in straight line performance. Am i a better driver than most? Maybe. Am i the worst drag race driver? Another maybe. But am i professional magazine driver? Not by a long shot. Yet i've experienced what i did and there's no attesting to that.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:10 AM
Administrator

On topic....You would be an idiot not to take a 330CI over a 2k2
people just don't get it.. it doesn't matter if a 2k2 6spd is faster, nicer.. more comfortable than a 330CI.. its the whole experience of driving a BMW.. how people percieve you.. its a whole class thing.. like i said in the m5 post.. i would rather have a 15 sec M5 than a 2k Maxima with 30k worth of mods that runs 12's..

Sprint stop lieing over PM's..
just because i post pics of an M5 doesn't mean its mine its not mine.. its Turbo97GXE's
Old 09-01-2002, 08:14 AM

people just don't get it.. it doesn't matter if a 2k2 6spd is faster, nicer.. more comfortable than a 330CI.. its the whole experience of driving a BMW.. how people percieve you.. its a whole class thing.. like i said in the m5 post.. i would rather have a 15 sec M5 than a 2k Maxima with 30k worth of mods that runs 12's..

just because i post pics of an M5 doesn't mean its mine its not mine.. its Turbo97GXE's

Sprintmax,

Thats the point!!! Once you Go GERMAN YOU NEVER GO BACK
Old 09-01-2002, 09:04 AM
Administrator

i havn't gone german

Sprintmax,

Thats the point!!! Once you Go GERMAN YOU NEVER GO BACK
Old 09-01-2002, 09:20 AM

i havn't gone german

me too... but one day i will
Old 09-01-2002, 09:22 AM
Administrator

if and when i buy the 330CI i am not getting rid of my max
Old 09-01-2002, 09:29 AM
Very sound, Mike

Just curious, how can you say "Once you Go GERMAN YOU NEVER GO BACK" when you haven't even gone German yet?

Again, just curious.
Old 09-01-2002, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by soundmike

Just curious, how can you say "Once you Go GERMAN YOU NEVER GO BACK" when you haven't even gone German yet?

Again, just curious.
That is just a saying??? I haven't gone german... I love my jap MAX>

but i have test drive an M3 and a 330 and a 540. and they all are great cars...

I dont think i will go back to any other car onces i have gone German...
Old 09-01-2002, 09:53 AM

Max weight SE 6spd: 3320lbs BMW 330Ci: 3285lbs (neglible difference)

Off the BMW Website:
I II III IV V R
4.21/2.49/1.66/1.24/1.00/3.85

Final drive ratio
2.93:1

What are the Max's ratios? I have to admit, that ability for a RWD, nearly perfectly balanced (50/50) 330Ci to launch at a higher rpm and make MORE use out of that spinning engine is greatly superior to the Max's FWD launch. As far as the BMW being a more superior car in terms of its engineering, well .. that's a different topic isn't it?
Old 09-01-2002, 10:06 AM

Stillen sux

I do agree with your opinion...They are both fast cars... and i dont think anyone disagree that the bmw is better made. but to say that a max can toast or bmw sux is or the editors dont know what they are writing or the professional drivers dont know how to drive a car 0-60 is just rediculous. I am not saying my max sux. but for the value it is a good car... But if money wasnt a problem and paying of all my loans from school. then i would take the bmw not becuase editors are in favor of it... but it is a well built car..

I wanted to make this point. If a 2k2 max is stock and an M3 E36 year 97 is stock. with almost the same horsepower and torque on both cars. Do you guys think our max can beat it in a straight line.??????????????? who ever answer this yes--- I like to see...!!!!!!!

As you guys can see our with same horsepower and weight with the M3 we are no match...why becuase BMW engineering is better than ours....

If you guys says a 330 vs a 2k2 is about the same...Dude what happen to our 30 extra horses??? where did that go....
YOu guys also realize that these BMW have a greater lost of hp since they are RWD.... OUr MAX is FWD... You have to see that our VQ3.5 engine are not design as well... with so many horses but where did they all go??? LOOK at the 350Z, Same engine better 0-60...Better made car!
From reading your posts and reading your post in that other thread about the M3 kill, you dont know anything about Bimmers. An 330i is a high 14s car and it doesnt do 0-60 in 5.8 or whatever the mags rated it at. A 2k2 6 speed will take a manual 330i in a straight line END OF STORY. I have a 330i sitting in my garage, so dont make yourself look anymore ignorant. Also an E36 M3 is a very good race for a 2k2. I saw a modded E36 M3 running about the same times DMBMaxima2k2 ran at the track. People say that BMW underrates their engines and I know for a fact that their manual trannies are extremely efficient.

As for taking a 330i in the turns, I have the ***** to say I can. You wanna know why? Most people cannot drive their cars properly and dont fully take advantage of the cars actual capabilities. My Maxima took out a E36 Manual Sedan on a road coarse. Was it because my Maxima was quicker in the turns, NO. Rather it was because the guy driving the M3 couldnt hit the apex if his life depended on it. A full suspension Maxima is a real competent handler! I really wasnt impressed how it drove on the street, but on the track even my friend who was driving a Z06, was impressed.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:14 AM

From reading your posts and reading your post in that other thread about the M3 kill, you dont know anything about Bimmers. An 330i is a high 14s car and it doesnt do 0-60 in 5.8 or whatever the mags rated it at. A 2k2 6 speed will take a manual 330i in a straight line END OF STORY. I have a 330i sitting in my garage, so dont make yourself look anymore ignorant. Also an E36 M3 is a very good race for a 2k2. I saw a modded E36 M3 running about the same times DMBMaxima2k2 ran at the track. People say that BMW underrates their engines and I know for a fact that their manual trannies are extremely efficient.

As for taking a 330i in the turns, I have the ***** to say I can. You wanna know why? Most people cannot drive their cars properly and dont fully take advantage of the cars actual capabilities. My Maxima took out a E36 Manual Sedan on a road coarse. Was it because my Maxima was quicker in the turns, NO. Rather it was because the guy driving the M3 couldnt hit the apex if his life depended on it. A full suspension Maxima is a real competent handler! I really wasnt impressed how it drove on the street, but on the track even my friend who was driving a Z06, was impressed.
yet another kid !!! being a smart ***... Max2000jp..

wow you are a professional driver... haahaha... you know so much about bmws... Yeah i know you drive a max and your bmw is sitting in the garage collecting dust... WHy do you do that.... ???? sell you bmw 330 to me or trade it with my max 2k2.. if you dont like it...

your a** is talking not your brain...'
Old 09-01-2002, 10:19 AM

yet another kid !!! being a smart ***...
Yep Im a kid, if you consider 21 a kid. Its really shows your intelligence by making fun of my age. You are going to get real far in life.
Old 09-01-2002, 10:24 AM

I already did MAx2000jp, i was drinking breast milk 9 years b4 you...
Old 09-01-2002, 10:26 AM

wow you are a professional driver... haahaha... you know so much about bmws... Yeah i know you drive a max and your bmw is sitting in the garage collecting dust... WHy do you do that.... ???? sell you bmw 330 to me or trade it with my max 2k2.. if you dont like it...

Did I ever claim to be a professional driver.....HMMMM let me see here.....NO! I just said that most drivers dont know how to drive at the limit. Make a poll and see how many Maxima drivers have been to a road course and/or driving school. I bet the numbers are extremely low. BTW I've been to both.

As for the 330i sitting in the garage and why I dont drive it. It is an auto 330i, but its my moms. I drive my car, thats why I bought it. I am not bashing it in no way, but I know what a 2k2 6 speed can do.

heres some bimmer sites, find me a timeslip thats better than DMBs for a stock 330i.
www.dtmpower.net
www.bimmer.org
www.e46fanatics.com
Old 09-01-2002, 02:40 PM

You continue to make yourself look like a ******* by insulting other more respected members and continuing to spit out magazine numbers. Regardless of how well the magazine people drive, they DON'T KNOW the cars they test. Sure they can push the cars to the limit and test them in that manner, but even the best tested Altime 3.5SE 5spd was a mere high 14s. Look around, you will find out that many real world people that own the car have taken it to the track, and managed far faster than that, best run for a 2k2 Altima i believe was a 14.1 @ 96mph, with a 2.1 60ft time. If u can tell me any 330 that can run that kind of time, i would like to see it, i didnt pull that time out of my ***, many people on this forum will vouche for me, because it was a hot topic before. DMB ran his 2k2 6spd and ran continuous low 14sec passes @ 97-99mph, with witnesses and slips. The only thing you are telling me is that the magazine says this so it HAS to be true. If u think magazine times are so much superior to real world times, then how would u explain the RSX Type S, all magazines rate it as a low 15sec car, i have a friend WITH a timeslip that took that car 14.8. So does that mean he is a PROFESSIONAL DRIVER, i ask this because u seem to be throwing this term around, he isnt a professional, but he DOES know how to drive HIS car. I myself drive a 2k Automatic, and the all magazines rate it as a 15.8 or slower, my friend has an civic si, and he is a superior manual driver, he can run a consistent low 15sec pass, whenever we raced, stock vs. stock, we were dead even all the way through, we have raced to beyond 100mph on several occasions and either i or he shut it down bc neither of us was winning and any further pushing was just plain stupid. So the magazine time of the Maxima being a high 15s car was rather erronous.

As for the 2k2 Maxima 6spd being no match for a 97 M3, you have yet to look around at the real times that people run, OUTSIDE of magazines. If u are gonna respond asking me if i believe i can drive these cars better than the editors of the magazines, then i say yes. I can drive MY maxima faster than any magazine has driven it. Your term of PROFESSIONAL DRIVER, isn't accurate, you do not know the people that test the cars, for all you know it could be a so called "kid" that you seem to hate. MAX2000JP gave u some sites to look around, go find the best 330 timeslip and best 97 M3 timeslip and compare to the best 2002 6spd timeslip, the people on the BMW sites im pretty sure have run better times than those stated in magazines as well.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:48 PM

I'd also like to add that, if you know how to read quarter mile timeslips, you can get a far more accurate 0-60 time from that than u can from a magazine. A low 15sec pass translates to high 6s for 0-60, high 14sec pass is around low 6sec, low 14sec translates to high 5s 0-60, and so on. That is a trend that most 14-15sec cars follow. Also magazines "Professional Drivers" may be good drivers, but they still dont PUSH the car for drag racing. They tend to use conservative launches and not abuse the clutch or transmission.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by SkylineGTR
I'd also like to add that, if you know how to read quarter mile timeslips, you can get a far more accurate 0-60 time from that than u can from a magazine. A low 15sec pass translates to high 6s for 0-60, high 14sec pass is around low 6sec, low 14sec translates to high 5s 0-60, and so on. That is a trend that most 14-15sec cars follow. Also magazines "Professional Drivers" may be good drivers, but they still dont PUSH the car for drag racing. They tend to use conservative launches and not abuse the clutch or transmission.

Most of the guys test driving cars for magazines arent professional drivers. Magazines are good reading material and should be left at that. These testers drive all these fancy cars, then at the end of the day drive home in minivans. Also, I am almost positive that mag numbers are corrected.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:44 PM

SkylineGTR and Max2000JP,

you guys should read what you type before posting... !!

EVERYONE IN HERE SHOULD HAVE THE SAME RESPECT!!!! WHETHER YOU ARE A NEW MEMBER OR AN OLD... Dont think that just becuase you have an OLDER MAX 2000 or 4th gen that you have seniority or so...

skyline you posted the the drivers of these magazine dont know what they are driving....??? Do You think they are dumb as you....??? They are paid for their job.. YOu said you can do it better then them... why dont you get their job... Since you are the best!!!

This is a discussion forum, i respect other posts!!! But if i dont agree with them, i have the right to say what i want!!!! If you disrespect me... well same goes here...!!!!

If you think that your 6 speed will beat my M3 e36 stock... bring it on... come here with your stock 6 speed and we will bet $$$$ ... I am up for that challenge....put your time slip away and we will see the real deal .. Make sure you bring alot of dough ...

and max2000jp YOU ARE INSULTING AND ASSUMING THAT THESE GUYS DRIVE MINIVAN.... YOU THINK YOU DRIVE A BETTER CAR THEN THEM...??? GIVE ME A BREAK....THEY GET PAID FOR WHAT THEY DO... WHETHER THEY ARE GOOD OR NOT JUST DEPEND ON THE INDIVIDUAL...

Oh here is a research for you guys to do instead of thinking that you are a badass driver.... Go and see how much these editors and test drivers salaries are ... you will be suprised... you will most likely find they are all in the 6 figures or above... CAN YOU SAY YOU MAKE THE SAME... ???? THEY DONT DRIVE MINI VAN!!! DUH
Old 09-01-2002, 07:20 PM

Time slip as you wish!!!!!

OH well here it is Skylinegtr and max2000jp... you should look b4 you talk out of your a**..

Stock M3 1/4 13.5... Read it and weap...

http://forum.dtmpower.net/showthread...ight=time+slip

Quick Reply: My 2k2 6spd vs. BMW 330ci