5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

thumpin' systems anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2000, 12:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hey all,

it's nearing christmas time... thinking about treating m'Maxima to a li'l som'in som'in... hehehe....

i've got an ArcAudio amp ready to go (4050 CXL http://www.arcaudio.com/arc_4050.htm if you're interested) oh, it's designed by Zapco btw.

the thing puts out 4x55... but my GXE's only got 120watts of paper to offer. it would seem like a waste for such an awesome amp... any suggestions?

oh, and would anyone suggest putting a sub box in the trunk or in the rear dash? the sound seems a little imbalanced w/o something in the rear.

tellmetellmetellme.....
Old 12-18-2000, 11:45 PM

IMO

Well, check out my sig about my audio upgrade. Ill admit that theyre not top o' the line, window shattering speakers even with my 255a amp, but they definately get peoples attention! I love the bass in my car and always find myself singin along and taping my fingers when ever a good song comes on. I wouldnt have touched the speakers had i gotten the Bose system, but I didnt, and this is the route I took. All parts are available from Crutchfield.com
Old 12-20-2000, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by areX
hey all,

it's nearing christmas time... thinking about treating m'Maxima to a li'l som'in som'in... hehehe....

i've got an ArcAudio amp ready to go (4050 CXL http://www.arcaudio.com/arc_4050.htm if you're interested) oh, it's designed by Zapco btw.

the thing puts out 4x55... but my GXE's only got 120watts of paper to offer. it would seem like a waste for such an awesome amp... any suggestions?

oh, and would anyone suggest putting a sub box in the trunk or in the rear dash? the sound seems a little imbalanced w/o something in the rear.

tellmetellmetellme.....
Well, I can tell you what I got in my sound system, but let me forewarn you about the back dash. I have two 12W3's in the trunk and the back dash rattles quite a bit. Being that you have a GXE, plan on that brake light to rattle like hell when you add a sub. As for the mid and highs I would recomend a number of upgrades, but it depends on the amount of cash. (MB Quarts, Diamond Audio, ADS, etc.) If you are planning on using that amp for just the stockers, forget it! That would be a total waste of money.
Old 12-20-2000, 01:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by CIRCO

Well, I can tell you what I got in my sound system, but let me forewarn you about the back dash. I have two 12W3's in the trunk and the back dash rattles quite a bit. Being that you have a GXE, plan on that brake light to rattle like hell when you add a sub. As for the mid and highs I would recomend a number of upgrades, but it depends on the amount of cash. (MB Quarts, Diamond Audio, ADS, etc.) If you are planning on using that amp for just the stockers, forget it! That would be a total waste of money.
i'm getting the amp for free from one awesome uncle.

what's your setup? i was looking at Pioneer Speakers, etc... but i'm still pretty new to the whole HiFi gig. suggestions for $250max? (all the speakers together, i mean)
Old 12-20-2000, 02:03 PM

check out my sig

The front speakers have to go!... get the best that you can afford. and as far as bass... you need some... I would get one thing at a time and get the best that you can afford. you wont regret it later. I got my system hooked up piece by piece... it has take me over 2 years... it's almost done.
Old 12-20-2000, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by areX
Originally posted by CIRCO

i'm getting the amp for free from one awesome uncle.

what's your setup? i was looking at Pioneer Speakers, etc... but i'm still pretty new to the whole HiFi gig. suggestions for $250max? (all the speakers together, i mean)

hmmm...for free sheesh take it! Well I have a Nakamichi CD player I forget what model but it came with a remote and everything (DON'T BUY NAKAMICHI DECKS THEY SUCK, and a PPI300 or something like that running my MB Q 6.5 comps in the front and MB Q reference coaxials in the back. In the trunk I got two 12"W3's running off a MTX 500 I think. I am lookin to get the alpine spectrum for an equalizer.
hmmm...Pioneers? I guess you get what you pay for! They are alright but as for handling I wouldn't know cuz I haven't heard them. I have to think about suggestions in the 250$ range....