5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Disabling factory alarm?? ****ing my neighbours off

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2002, 06:57 PM

Disabling factory alarm?? ****ing my neighbours off

Hi

I have a 2K1 that has been relatively problem free. Just a few hours ago my alarm went off. At first I thought something in my wallet was hitting the panic button while I was sitting down so I just reset the alarm and forgot about it. Well, it happened again, twice in fact and both times my alarm remote was sitting here on top of my desk. I'm miffed and my neighbours are getting irritated (I live in a tight cul de sac). I've checked all the doors, hood, trunk etc to make sure they are closed and now I sit in fear waiting for it to happen again. Does anyone know of a way to disable the alarm, short of yanking the battery?? I may do that as a last resort if it happens again.

Thanks, and regards.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:07 PM

Re: Disabling factory alarm?? ****ing my neighbours off

Originally posted by rerunn
Hi

I have a 2K1 that has been relatively problem free. Just a few hours ago my alarm went off. At first I thought something in my wallet was hitting the panic button while I was sitting down so I just reset the alarm and forgot about it. Well, it happened again, twice in fact and both times my alarm remote was sitting here on top of my desk. I'm miffed and my neighbours are getting irritated (I live in a tight cul de sac). I've checked all the doors, hood, trunk etc to make sure they are closed and now I sit in fear waiting for it to happen again. Does anyone know of a way to disable the alarm, short of yanking the battery?? I may do that as a last resort if it happens again.

Thanks, and regards.
i'm not sure, but i think that someone posted before that their alarm kept going off because their map or dome light was on. you may wanna check that to start.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:14 PM

OK, I'll go sit in the corner for a while.

It WAS the map light that was left on. It was daylight when it happened the first few times and I didnt notice it. After reading MAXRAY's post, I looked out the window and saw that the map light was on.

Thanks again, Maxray.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by rerunn
OK, I'll go sit in the corner for a while.

It WAS the map light that was left on. It was daylight when it happened the first few times and I didnt notice it. After reading MAXRAY's post, I looked out the window and saw that the map light was on.

Thanks again, Maxray.
no prob. glad i could help. just don't let it happen again!!!
Old 08-31-2002, 10:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Damn, yall remember my problem with the factory alarm/keyless entry? Still dont work. Yeap still have to MANUALLY unlock each door for my friends to get in the car.

Yeah its ghetto, but im stumped.

Dixit
Old 04-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I left the dome light on on my car and had to get a jump start,now my power locks and factory alarm do not work, Any answers here as to what I can do to Fix this problem?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:41 PM

Check fuses. And post in the newbie section....