5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got Pulled Over On Labor Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 08:14 PM

Got Pulled Over On Labor Day

Well, i'm driving down my block approaching a stop sign while on my way to my girlfriends house. I make one of those 5 mile per hour right turns at the stop sign instead of coming to a "complete stop". Much to much luck a cop is coming from the other direction and sees me do this. he puts his hand out his window to stop me, I suppose, but i keep going as if i didn't see it. He does a quick three point turn and comes speeding behind me. When finally up my @ss he flicks his lights. He aproaches my window and asks me "if i know what a stop sign is for?" I say, fairly shocked to be pulled over, "yeah, to stop." He said "well, why didn't you"? At this point i'm thinking in my head should i play dumb for a little while longer or should i bite the bullet. I chose the former. I proceed to say "officer, I know that I stopped at that stop sign by my house". I was being rather sincere when saying it. He says "listen, you know you didn't stop, I wouldnt have pulled you over if you did. You were going like 5 to 8 miles an hour when you made that right turn." [side note] While he's saying this i'm thinking to myself who the hell comes to a compltete stop at stop sign while making a right turn...come on guy. Anyway, now i'm kind of feeling like i'm losing the battle and still wasn't sure at this point if he was going to issue me a summons or not. Also, I felt that if i kept arguing he would possibly give me a ticket for the tinted windows, the clear corners, etc. At this point he said "why don't you just stop arguing and accept a warning or else I will issue you a ticket that would cost you 4 points on your license, $150, and an increase in your insurance premium." Bingo, once i heard the word "WARNING" I said "your right officer, i'm very sorry, it won't happen again". He walked away from my car and i went my merry way. I guess the morral of the story is you should be calm and sincere and just admit you were wrong and most of the time the cop should let you off with a warning.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:26 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

..Must have been the 19's..got a ticket for no front license plate this week !
Old 09-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah I got a warning for no front license plate even though this **** here dont seem to understand that Alabama dont give out a front plate, he told me he did not care.

Dixit
Old 09-02-2002, 08:43 PM

I had a buddy that got stopped for not stopping at a stop sign. He told the cop "I promise I'll stop twice at the next one." The cop let him off because it was the funniest excuse he's ever heard!

Old 09-02-2002, 09:02 PM

2 of my friends got pulled over on saturday. One was a friend of mine who was doing 15 over on the freeway (80 in a 65) and the cop pulled him over and gave him his 6TH WARNING!!! saying that he was not out looking for speeders but drunk drivers. It is unbelievable how many warnings he's gotten. 3 for speeding, 2 for expired tags/registration tag, and one for unsafe lane changes. His luck is absolutely incredible. My other friend ran through a stop sign at 35 miles an hour with a cop on the other side. She cried when she got pulled over and the cop let her off with a warning. She told me that the reason why she ran it was because no one was there, while I commented quietly, except a 5-0.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:08 PM

I saw a bright yellow gorgeous Acura Integra get pulled over today. He was not going any faster than the traffic was which by sight couldn't have been much over the posted speed limit of 35. I'm assuming that he just wanted to be a jerk. This guy wasn't even in the lead of the pack of cars he was in.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:14 PM

Pmas, consider urself lucky... I live in south bellmore and these nassau county cops SUCKKKKKKK, ive gotten pulled over so many times its unbelieveable, cops in my neighborhood actually get out of there car and stand on the corner and if they see a tinted window bang TWO TICKETS, i really cant believe that actual police officers do this!! ... sometimes i pray for robberies so i dont have to worry about getting tickets lol..
Old 09-02-2002, 09:22 PM

Re: Got Pulled Over On Labor Day

Originally posted by pmas76
I guess the morral of the story is you should be calm and sincere and just admit you were wrong and most of the time the cop should let you off with a warning.
Thats never worked for me.....

Two tickets so far zero warnings. Both times no one was around and I wasn't even doing anything reckless just hitting std hwy cruising speeds. Tried to fight the first one in court and the officer was all hostile to me I was like wtf??? Judge of course didn't want to hear anything from me even though I was v polite to both the cop @ the scene and the judge
Old 09-02-2002, 09:33 PM
is invisible

The Labor Day holiday is another one of those extended weekends that are notorious for heavy policing because of the travel traffic.
I had a few close calls this weekend as the police were cracking down hard on speeders.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 2k1i30
Pmas, consider urself lucky... I live in south bellmore and these nassau county cops SUCKKKKKKK, ive gotten pulled over so many times its unbelieveable, cops in my neighborhood actually get out of there car and stand on the corner and if they see a tinted window bang TWO TICKETS, i really cant believe that actual police officers do this!! ... sometimes i pray for robberies so i dont have to worry about getting tickets lol..
Suffolk county cops aren't any better! One of the highest paid group of underworked cops in the country! Makes you wonder why the NYPD guys have been protesting about their raise percentages as of late.
Old 09-02-2002, 11:19 PM
Sanduguero

my story just happen at 1:45am, any way i came to a light and there was a huge sign in the post not to turn on red well.... i said **** this **** am turning here there is no one at 1:45 after labor weekend!!exept the damn unmarked car in a parking lot next to the light i turn on red and then i see him... i said am toasted!!! **** he comes speeding and stops at the light waiting for the red light to turn...at this moment i said he is not doing anything....**** he turn allllll lights i mean that car had more lights than manhattan!!! he comes out gives me the why did you do it? i said i did not see no sign officer!! licence and registration i said my *** is done!! well this is the part that most people hate i gave him my license registration and my MILITARY ID!!!! lol he ask me a couple of question to verify status and then i heard music in my ears!!! have a nice evening!!! hell yeah thats what am talking about some merit for serving!!!! he.. he... he... that military id has a lot of pull!!!!
Old 09-02-2002, 11:57 PM

Old 09-03-2002, 04:50 AM

me and my friend were driving yesterday coming to a stop sign

we took a right....now my friend ALWAYS stops there because it has TONS of cops. today he didn't...o o

what do we see when we take that right, a cop passin on the other lane. he said, that's it...50 bucks and no car for a week. thank god the cop didn't stop him and he got lucky this time.

I hate when stuff like this happen
Old 09-03-2002, 06:09 AM

pmas76: Where do you live that failure to obey a traffic device is 4 points?? In NY it's a 2 point moving violation, $60 fine. If you go to court and contest it, most courts will drop it (but you still pay the fine).

playero: That sucks man. Luckily in my county you can't be pulled over by an unmarked car. They still use them for inconspicuous observation, but they can't pull you over.
Old 09-03-2002, 06:45 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

There is no such thing as an overpaid cop near the city. They have a tough job and don't even get paid alot.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:13 AM
Sanduguero

Kojiro_FtT: am moving to rochester!!! lol

Old 09-03-2002, 07:13 AM

Originally posted by playero
well this is the part that most people hate i gave him my license registration and my MILITARY ID!!!! military id has a lot of pull!!!!
u know my cousin tells me the same type of stories where can i get one of those MILITARY ID's.

oh yeah, he's Marine Corps, drives a '96 I30.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:21 AM
Sanduguero

Step2kMax:
u know my cousin tells me the same type of stories where can i get one of those MILITARY ID's.

lol i dont know where... other than joining!!! that military id save me last time i got caught doing 125 and had a little buzz!! i cant be doing **** like that no more... it will get out of hand some day!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:04 AM

Originally posted by playero
Step2kMax:

lol i dont know where... other than joining!!! that military id save me last time i got caught doing 125 and had a little buzz!! i cant be doing **** like that no more... it will get out of hand some day!
yeah! i think it's just that a man/women in uniform respects another man/women that wears one of THE uniforms......even if ur twice the posted limit and brew breath.

any way be careful....slow down
Old 09-03-2002, 09:00 AM

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT
pmas76: Where do you live that failure to obey a traffic device is 4 points?? In NY it's a 2 point moving violation, $60 fine. If you go to court and contest it, most courts will drop it (but you still pay the fine).

playero: That sucks man. Luckily in my county you can't be pulled over by an unmarked car. They still use them for inconspicuous observation, but they can't pull you over.

i live in baldwin. The cop told me 4 points and 150 bucks. i believe that the point thing is accurate but the $$$ is probably closer to $75 or $100.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:03 AM

"While he's saying this i'm thinking to myself who the hell comes to a compltete stop at stop sign while making a right turn...come on guy."

I'd say most people stop for stop signs. Otherwise it would be a yield sign, right? I used to live right near in intersection where tons of people would do the 5 mph thing through a 4 way stop sign...about 3 fender benders per week you'd think people would learn to stop at the damn stop sign.

The real moral of the story? Be extra careful driving on Labor Day. Too many cars and cops on the road.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:21 AM

If you don't stop at a stop sign, you deserve to get pulled over. And I mean STOP, not roll through. I especially hate these a-holes that come to a 4 way stop at the same time as others, but roll through because they got there first. YOU ARE NOT IN LINE UNTIL YOU FU#$ING STOP, JACK-OFF!!!

Sorry, pet peeve.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by TDoyle
"While he's saying this i'm thinking to myself who the hell comes to a compltete stop at stop sign while making a right turn...come on guy."

I'd say most people stop for stop signs. Otherwise it would be a yield sign, right? I used to live right near in intersection where tons of people would do the 5 mph thing through a 4 way stop sign...about 3 fender benders per week you'd think people would learn to stop at the damn stop sign.

The real moral of the story? Be extra careful driving on Labor Day. Too many cars and cops on the road.
i hear ya and all about a full stop but in my situation there was no-one at all on the left or straight ahead of me in the 4 way stop intersection. it wasn't like i blow the stop sign or anything because i NEVER do that. I'm just saying while making a right turn at a stop sign with no one else in the intersection is is moronic to come to a COMPLETE STOP. No one in their right mind does that. It wasnt like i whipped around the turn or anything...i must have been going like 8 miles and hour; if that. I'm just saying that the cops should worry about other things and leave us innocent bystanderds alone. i am very cautious when i drive that is why in the 10 years that im driving i have never gotten into an accident {knock on wood}. I must be doing something right!
Old 09-03-2002, 09:27 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I wish I was back in NY with you guys.. .. except for the fact that my Max has yet to see rain.... No rain since Jan. here ! .... All I have to say is dont speed on Horace Harding next to the LIE. I got 3 speeding tickets there, coming back from St. John's !
Old 09-04-2002, 05:47 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: Got Pulled Over On Labor Day

Originally posted by pmas76
I guess the morral of the story is you should be calm and sincere and just admit you were wrong and most of the time the cop should let you off with a warning.
This is sooooooo true. In most cases if your liscense is clean, if you show RESPECT and admit your mistake right off the bat, apologize and just talk to the officer like he's your best friend - Chances are good your only going to get a warning. Two of my buddies and my cusion are officers. They all tell me the same thing - Show respect, admit your crime, and most important - DON'T PLAY DUMB - I will only cost you a ticket!
Old 09-04-2002, 07:11 AM
lcf

Never, EVER admit to what the officer "allegedly" pulled you over for... or rather, do it at your own risk. Your confession is admissible in court and if it goes to that... well, you're SOL.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:05 AM

Re: Re: Got Pulled Over On Labor Day

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

if you show RESPECT
Well, I will show respect when an officer shows me respect...I do not need to be talked to like a little four year old. If the officer is nice, I am nice. If the officer is an a$$, I am just as rude to him as he is to me (at this point, I do not care if I get a ticket). And let's get one thing straight, if you get pulled over, lets be honest...YOU did something wrong. Please no flaming...I am just giving my opinion.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: Got Pulled Over On Labor Day

Originally posted by big h

Well, I will show respect when an officer shows me respect...I do not need to be talked to like a little four year old. If the officer is nice, I am nice. If the officer is an a$$, I am just as rude to him as he is to me (at this point, I do not care if I get a ticket). And let's get one thing straight, if you get pulled over, lets be honest...YOU did something wrong. Please no flaming...I am just giving my opinion.
My sentiments exaclty. Both cops who pulled me over treated me like crap even though I was pleasant. What happens if I treat em like crap? I'm guessing a nice cozy cell.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:50 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Got Pulled Over On Labor Day

Originally posted by Finality

My sentiments exaclty. Both cops who pulled me over treated me like crap even though I was pleasant. What happens if I treat em like crap? I'm guessing a nice cozy cell.
VA Troopers are tough