5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Axxis metal master pads

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 05:37 AM

Axxis metal master pads

well it's time to replace my brakes and I read a lot of good information about AXXIS metal master brake pads so I think that I'm going with these.

Any comments/suggestions?

Can I buy these at a local auto parts store?
Old 09-12-2002, 06:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Axxis metal master pads

Originally posted by T-bone
well it's time to replace my brakes and I read a lot of good information about AXXIS metal master brake pads so I think that I'm going with these.

I haven't seen any sold out in the stores.. I got mines from Phuong @ Eatricezone.com
Old 09-12-2002, 07:22 AM

well I want good pads that I can buy at an autostore. I plan on doing the install Saturday.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

well I want good pads that I can buy at an autostore. I plan on doing the install Saturday.
In that case check out the Raybestos Quiet Stop Pads. You can get that at local auto stores.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:55 AM

Originally posted by PCGuRu2K

In that case check out the Raybestos Quiet Stop Pads. You can get that at local auto stores.

ok, I've heard good things about those, too. They aren't silly expensive are they?
Old 09-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Jer

Re: Axxis metal master pads

Honestly, I dunno what's up with everyone loving Metalmasters; tried them, and they are good, but not amazing : I still make 'em fade with spirited driving.

Try Hawk HP+ Carbon Fiber pads!

Old 09-12-2002, 11:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ok, I've heard good things about those, too. They aren't silly expensive are they?
Cost $106.00 total for the fronts and rears at Pep Boys. They were the only local parts store that had them. I'll be installing them this weekend along with new rotors, SS Brake Lines and am also going to folia tec the calipers. I am looking forward to having some fun.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:16 PM

Originally posted by karguy

Cost $106.00 total for the fronts and rears at Pep Boys. They were the only local parts store that had them. I'll be installing them this weekend along with new rotors, SS Brake Lines and am also going to folia tec the calipers. I am looking forward to having some fun.

thanks; that's kind of $$$$$$$$, but I'll do some more research and think about it
Old 09-12-2002, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by karguy

Just be ready for a very long day, my guest is it can take you around 4 hours + per wheels. Good luck and if you need help you know where to find us.

Cheers

AA
Old 09-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by doublea

Just be ready for a very long day, my guest is it can take you around 4 hours + per wheels. Good luck and if you need help you know where to find us.

Cheers

AA
Hey I'm old but I make up for it by being slow!!! I figured I would start on Friday so I would have Saturday and Sunday if I needed them.
I am also showing my son in law how to do it since he has never done any of this stuff. Just trying to pass the knowledge on and having fun.