5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: What is your PRIMARY nationality?
Caucasian
44.96%
Hispanic
8.82%
Asian
32.35%
Black
8.40%
Other
5.46%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

What is your nationality?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 07:56 PM

Re: Re: What is your nationality?

Originally posted by 2K2DEMAX

Yardie (Jamaican)
MORE FIRE MORE FIYA!!!!!!!! BIG UP TO ALL THE WEST INDIAN CREW!!!!

DJ, run di track agian, dat one deh cyan dun!!! "Shabba" love punani bad, love punani bad......"
if you have been to a sound clash you know what i'm talking about.

respect!!!

Nationality: by birth Jamaican. by passport British.
Ethnicity: West Indian
Race: mostly black
Old 09-19-2002, 08:17 PM

Re: Re: Re: What is your nationality?

Originally posted by DAREN

MORE FIRE MORE FIYA!!!!!!!! BIG UP TO ALL THE WEST INDIAN CREW!!!!

DJ, run di track agian, dat one deh cyan dun!!! "Shabba" love punani bad, love punani bad......"
if you have been to a sound clash you know what i'm talking about.

respect!!!

Nationality: by birth Jamaican. by passport British.
Ethnicity: West Indian
Race: mostly black
nuff respect we hear yah loud and clear!
Old 09-19-2002, 08:28 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is your nationality?

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax

nuff respect we hear yah loud and clear!
Go oan Boay ... Shabba Wicked ... Traila load !
<==== Love Punnany bad !
Old 09-19-2002, 08:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Got The Asian Persuasion

Half Thai - Half White
Old 09-19-2002, 10:53 PM

geez...this thread is just like my sociology class(race and ethnicity)...anywayz..i'm korean...and Keving is rice.

oh btw..Hispanic is a made-up word by a Census Department..
Old 09-20-2002, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by irvine78
geez...this thread is just like my sociology class(race and ethnicity)...anywayz..i'm korean...and Keving is rice.

No Hispanic are people from the Island of Hispaniola .. which consist if two contries.. the Dominican Republic(spanish) and Haiti(french) .. which is wierd because other Spanish Speaking Islanders from the West Indies such as Cuba and Puerto Rico get labeled as Hispanic where as Haitians are not.. but they are actually really Hispanic.

Its just a big misconception now in the United States.. its also just as Latino's are considered spanish people.. but Latino's are only people from the Latin American Countries(countries between north america and south america) .. however mexican's are not considered latino's.. nether are people from Belize or Panama or even Honduras.. but they are all True Latino's. America has mixed and confused terms so much.. no one really knows what someone is anymore

Kinda like how philipino's and japanese people are considered Asian and people from India are not.. where as East Indian People are actually Asian and japanese and philipino's are not.. let me stop before i blow a brain cell
Old 09-20-2002, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax

No Hispanic are people from the Island of Hispaniola .. which consist if two contries.. the Dominican Republic(spanish) and Haiti(french) .. which is wierd because other Spanish Speaking Islanders from the West Indies such as Cuba and Puerto Rico get labeled as Hispanic where as Haitians are not.. but they are actually really Hispanic.

Its just a big misconception now in the United States.. its also just as Latino's are considered spanish people.. but Latino's are only people from the Latin American Countries(countries between north america and south america) .. however mexican's are not considered latino's.. nether are people from Belize or Panama or even Honduras.. but they are all True Latino's. America has mixed and confused terms so much.. no one really knows what someone is anymore

Kinda like how philipino's and japanese people are considered Asian and people from India are not.. where as East Indian People are actually Asian and japanese and philipino's are not.. let me stop before i blow a brain cell
STOP!!!
Old 09-20-2002, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor

i'm azn mexican whity injun
Old 09-20-2002, 10:58 AM

Jewish-born in the former Soviet Union, soon to become American citizen!
Old 09-20-2002, 11:39 AM

I'm a white boy from Michigan.

Stereodude
Old 09-20-2002, 12:08 PM

So what continent is Japan part of if it's not Asian?
Old 09-20-2002, 08:54 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by irvine78

So what do I call myself Hoon.., Beaner ... Landscaper... Person that tends to put curb feelers on crappy cars....etc....
Old 09-20-2002, 08:57 PM

Old 09-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT

So what continent is Japan part of if it's not Asian?
Japan is not apart of a continent.. its an Island off the cost of Europe.. if Japan would be considered a part of any continent it would be Europe more than Asia..
Old 09-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

if Japan would be considered a part of any continent it would be Europe more than Asia..
It would be? How do you figure?
Old 09-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by asu174

It would be? How do you figure?
the sea of japan borders Russia and Northern Japan.. the lower region of Japan extends down to korea
Old 09-21-2002, 12:52 AM

the sea of japan borders Russia and Northern Japan.. the lower region of Japan extends down to korea

So this makes it an island off the coast of Europe? And islands don't count as part of a continent? Is it it's own continent?

So Sicily is not part of any continent because it's an island? Or New Zealand? Or Long Island?
Old 09-21-2002, 12:52 AM

...got in on this thread a little late... sorry to butt in on the debate going on...

I'm officially Thai, born in Bangkok, Thailand, but now a proud American citizen! ...now offically American... whatever.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:54 AM

This is the very first time I heard that Japan and Philipin are not in Asia. Very interesting.
Japan should consider as north eastern asia, Philipin belongs to south eastern asia. well, anyway.
Old 09-21-2002, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Kojiro_FtT

So this makes it an island off the coast of Europe? And islands don't count as part of a continent? Is it it's own continent?

So Sicily is not part of any continent because it's an island? Or New Zealand? Or Long Island?

Islands and Continents are two different bodies of Mass..

this is one of the biggest misconception i have ever seen with the American Education system..

1.is·land Pronunciation Key(eye) (lnd)
n.
Abbr. Isl. or Is. or I. A land mass, especially one smaller than a continent, entirely surrounded by water.

2.con·ti·nent Pronunciation Key (konte-nent)
n. One of the principal land masses of the earth, usually regarded as including Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.

The only Island that is a Continent is Austrialia.. Islands are not parts of Continents.. they are their own land masses completely surrounded by water.. Long Island in case you didn't know is not completely surrounded by water.. Long Island is a peninsula.. such as Florida is a Peninsula

3.pen·in·su·la Pronunciation Key (p-nnsy-l, -s-l)
n. Abbr. Pen.
A piece of land that projects into a body of water and is connected with the mainland by an isthmus

New Zealand is also an island its not apart of Australia.. it is its own island.. this is just like how i see people confused Great Britian as a part of Europe.. Great Britian is its own land mass.. its not apart of Europe
Old 09-21-2002, 06:25 AM

Originally posted by Tanman
In the poll, do desi (Indians, Pakistanis, etc) count as Asians, or is that exclusively for yellow people?
That's a tough one.

In physical anthropology pakistanis and indians are white.
Even closer to, say the large english/german/irish "mainstream" here than Arab's or turks, as desi are indoeuropean or as many europeans say indo-germanic, whereas many other wht groups are not.

And while the above is technically a linguistic term, it has been used as a marker for race.

Geographically, however they are Asian and I believe most people (perhaps they themselves too..) would consider them that.

Fred...

PS: I once dated an indian girl from guyana, I was a FOOL not to stay with her, she was a lot nicer than many girls of my own ethnicity.
Old 09-21-2002, 09:34 AM

Its just a big misconception now in the United States.. its also just as Latino's are considered spanish people.. but Latino's are only people from the Latin American Countries(countries between north america and south america) ..
Hispanic is a term linked with language. Comes from "hispano" which refers to people from Spanish-speaking countries, mostly used to refer to Spain and its colonies back in the 1500-1600. Latino is also linked with language. It refers to those languages derived from latin, aka "romance languages" (Spanish, Italian, French, Romanian, Portuguese and others). Of course, language is an essential part of the culture, which is the soul of the nations.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:50 AM

The only Island that is a Continent is Austrialia.. Islands are not parts of Continents.. they are their own land masses completely surrounded by water.. Long Island in case you didn't know is not completely surrounded by water.. Long Island is a peninsula.. such as Florida is a Peninsula

ummm, Long Island is an island, its not a peninsula... it just looks like one
Old 09-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Happy "Moon Festival" to all you Taiwanese and Chinese and whoever else celebrates
Old 09-21-2002, 02:58 PM

Black (African-American) here
Old 09-21-2002, 03:17 PM

aZn better recognize.......haha...jkjk
Old 09-21-2002, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by GimmeTorq

Hispanic is a term linked with language. Comes from "hispano" which refers to people from Spanish-speaking countries, mostly used to refer to Spain and its colonies back in the 1500-1600. Latino is also linked with language. It refers to those languages derived from latin, aka "romance languages" (Spanish, Italian, French, Romanian, Portuguese and others). Of course, language is an essential part of the culture, which is the soul of the nations.
um no..
Old 09-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fezzik
Happy "Moon Festival" to all you Taiwanese and Chinese and whoever else celebrates
I never seem to get it right! They call it August Moon, and here were are a little more than half way through September. I just barely make it buying moon cake for the family!
Old 09-21-2002, 08:09 PM

Nationality: American - Born in Forest Hills, Queens, NYC
Ethnicity: Asian/Other
Race: West Indian/East Indian

mom from guyana, dad from india

Guyana actually has 6 diff kinds of people, East Indian - Afro America - American Indian - Chinese - Portuguese and Dutch. Most of the caribbean including puerto rico, cuba, virgin islands, jamaica, etc.. is referred to as West Indian. In more detail there can be spanish west indian, black west indian, etc.. To label someone who has originated from one specific origin these days is too difficult as there are many mixes.
The majority of people from India are actually Indo-European aka. Indo-Aryan. India was invaded and conquered by nomadic light-skinned Indo-European tribes (Aryans) from Central Asia around 1500-1000 BC. They overran an earlier and more advanced dark-skinned Dravidian civilization from which they took most of what later became Indian civilization. Although there is no racial evidence of any such Indo-Aryan invasion of India but only of a continuity of the same group of people who traditionally considered themselves to be Aryans.
If you want more info : http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_histor...ryan_link.html

What ever country your parents or you are from, if you want to check out the exact mixture go here:
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications..._groups.html#I
Old 09-22-2002, 12:36 AM

Originally posted by VQPowerSE

I never seem to get it right! They call it August Moon, and here were are a little more than half way through September. I just barely make it buying moon cake for the family!
It's counted by lunar calendar which is about a month later than regular calendar.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:10 AM

another beaner here...and since im hispanic i can say beaner...
Old 10-09-2003, 01:01 AM

Greek here!!! I was born in the US but i left when i was 2 years old for Greece...
Old 10-09-2003, 01:10 AM
teddibear703

prop 54 already in action on the .org
Old 10-09-2003, 01:45 AM

I'm a white boy, alright if you want to be technical, I'm italian, but don't ask my sexuality, hehehe