5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What is your detailing / washing routine?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 08:28 AM

What is your detailing / washing routine?

I clean the inside. Seats, mats, floors, vinelex on the dash and the trim.

I wet the rims, spray eagle one cleaners on let it sit, agitate and rinse.

I lightly spray my off with a nozzle

Then I use the hose without the nozzle to sheet off any loose dirt before washing

I start with using a small sponge with a bit of a nylon netting to get the bugs off the front end of the car.

Then I use Mguires Gold Class wash and wash from the trim down with a chanel(sp?) wash mit. Rinse.

Then grab different mit then start on the roof and then the hood then the back then the doors. Rinse with nozzle, moderate pressure.

Take nozzle off and rinse again taking advantage of the sheeting action.

Get out the Cali water blad and get rid of most of the water. Then get the absorber and finish. Use Zaino QD and remove with a MF.

Get out the Eagle One wet and spray a tire swipe and do the tires. Let sit for 1 hour to eliminate the sling affect. I think that is it!

Use the Cali duster to QD and the Z6.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:30 AM
jjs

Re: What is your detailing / washing routine?

Originally posted by 2003MaximaSE_TE
I clean the inside. Seats, mats, floors, vinelex on the dash and the trim.

I wet the rims, spray eagle one cleaners on let it sit, agitate and rinse.

I lightly spray my off with a nozzle

Then I use the hose without the nozzle to sheet off any loose dirt before washing

I start with using a small sponge with a bit of a nylon netting to get the bugs off the front end of the car.

Then I use Mguires Gold Class wash and wash from the trim down with a chanel(sp?) wash mit. Rinse.

Then grab different mit then start on the roof and then the hood then the back then the doors. Rinse with nozzle, moderate pressure.

Take nozzle off and rinse again taking advantage of the sheeting action.

Get out the Cali water blad and get rid of most of the water. Then get the absorber and finish. Use Zaino QD and remove with a MF.

Get out the Eagle One wet and spray a tire swipe and do the tires. Let sit for 1 hour to eliminate the sling affect. I think that is it!

Use the Cali duster to QD and the Z6.
I don't wash it at all! The layer of dirt actually is far more resistant to rock chips and scratches than the paint!!

Old 09-17-2002, 08:31 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Re: What is your detailing / washing routine?

Originally posted by 2003MaximaSE_TE
I clean the inside. Seats, mats, floors, vinelex on the dash and the trim....Use the Cali duster to QD and the Z6.
Here are my suggestions:

Suggestions/Methods
Old 09-17-2002, 10:01 AM

Zaino everything
Old 09-17-2002, 10:30 AM

[**** retentive car washer]

OK, so were going to wash the car today. First, lets take out our 2, 4 gallon pails. I like to use two, one for our soapy water and one for our not so...oh my...look what we have hear. Our two pails are of contrasting colors. OK, lets just throw this pail out and drive down to the store to pick up a pail of the same color. Oh my, it seems our good pail has a small nick in it...this won't do at all.

[/**** retentive car washer]

If you've ever seen Phil Hartman's skit of the **** Retentive XXXX, those are the best.

Seriously though.

1)Spray car with water
2)Wash car with lambs wool mit and Turtle Wax Car Wash.
3)Use small brush to clean inside the 17" wheels. Lots of brake dust in the wheels. Use diluted Simple Green if necessary.
4)Use Chamoise and Wax-As-U-Dry while drying the car. Car gets full wax (Mequiars Clean and Wax) every 3 months.
5)Dry water from inner door wells/trunk/hood
6)Use clean Chamoise to clean dust from seats/dash/trim.
7)Use leather cleaner/protector on seats/trim/steering wheel/shift ****
8)Clean windows with clean chamoise and water

I never use anytype of wheel cleaner. In the past, the wheel cleaner has bleached out spots on my aluminum rims or removed the clear coat from my rims, so I do not use the stuff anymore. I think the Eagle product is not as acidic as the old wheel cleaners from a few years ago, however I haven't tried it.