5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

what would u get

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 08:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

what would u get

ok i i have to get a car and have a couple of options
1. maxima (02-03)
2. wrx (02 - 03)
3. gti turbo vr6 (02 -03)
the question is i want a turbo or soupercharged car but what i was wondering which car is the fastest. and best bang for the dollar. i knoe that the maxima has 255hp the wrx 227hp and the gti 200. what do u guy think
Old 09-20-2002, 08:12 AM
jjs

Re: what would u get

Originally posted by krmaxima
ok i i have to get a car and have a couple of options
1. maxima (02-03)
2. wrx (02 - 03)
3. gti turbo vr6 (02 -03)
the question is i want a turbo or soupercharged car but what i was wondering which car is the fastest. and best bang for the dollar. i knoe that the maxima has 255hp the wrx 227hp and the gti 200. what do u guy think
That depends on WHY you want a turbo (which is what #2 and #3 are). If you are asking about stock, right off the lot performance, that is one thing...if you are talking about the modding of a turbo car (which many have said is a fairly easy and noticeable improvement), that is a whole different matter.

What is your goal? What about the comfort and size aspect of your decision as well?
Old 09-20-2002, 08:19 AM

GTI

GTI VR6 is not turbo. Base GTI is 1.8 Turbo. Unless you are talking about adding a turbo . . . which would be expensive.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:21 AM
jjs

Re: GTI

Originally posted by NissanisGood
GTI VR6 is not turbo. Base GTI is 1.8 Turbo. Unless you are talking about adding a turbo . . . which would be expensive.
True, I was just using the info provided to us...
Old 09-20-2002, 08:27 AM
Nismo-Tek

Test drive them all.... But I would still take the 5th-Gen as my first choice. As for the fastest? You will get more I think out of the WRX not too sure how the tranny will hold up though?

Old 09-20-2002, 08:42 AM

Re: what would u get

One of the things I think about when getting a car is overall quality and reliability. For that, the Maxima would have the other two beat, in my opinion. A lot of people agree that the WRX is fast once you hit 3500RPM, but it is a cheaply put together car. The Jetta is nice, but I've heard they don't last, and I've always thought they were overpriced for what they are.

Not to be biased, but the Maxima is the clear choice.
Old 09-20-2002, 08:44 AM

ohic sorrie i thought that they were turboed but any ways i dont knoe i want a car that will turn heads and that will be fast. im takling LIghtning fast. I have a 00 Lightning and im selling it because it just is a Fuel ****. i get about 12 miles per gallon. i want something thats will be just as fast or just puting on some bolt on will make it as fast. also i was wondering what car you would get with about 26 grand new or used. i have to have a car tho. trucks eat way to much gas.

thanks for the info
Old 09-20-2002, 08:57 AM
jjs

ohic sorrie i thought that they were turboed but any ways i dont knoe i want a car that will turn heads and that will be fast. im takling LIghtning fast. I have a 00 Lightning and im selling it because it just is a Fuel ****. i get about 12 miles per gallon. i want something thats will be just as fast or just puting on some bolt on will make it as fast. also i was wondering what car you would get with about 26 grand new or used. i have to have a car tho. trucks eat way to much gas.

thanks for the info
Given the three cars you have mentioned, it will not be a direct off the lot choice to find something as fast as a Lightning.

Although there are some on the .org who will state emphatically that a Max will, be dubious.

As for bolt ons, what do you consider a bolt on? Would you consider nitrous to be a bolt on? You see where I am going here...

What is your average monthly mileage (not MPG, but miles you put on a vehicle every month)? If you do the math between say 12 mpg and what has commonly been reported to be aan average of about 20-22 mpg in a Max (some higher, some lower), you might find the difference not to be worth the hit you might take on the truck sale (depending on condition and miles).

For instance, since both use premium fuel, lets look at $1.50 a gallon...if you drive 2000 miles a month, trading the truck (12 mpg) for a Max (21 mpg) would only save $107.14!! Do you really want a new car note (assuming you aren't paying cash), etc. to save $107?
Old 09-20-2002, 09:06 AM

good way of putting it!!! i never looked at it that way. but the trrth is i lot the lighting for a really good price. i got it for 22900 for a 2000 but the ting is ford just up in a new motor. so im thinking i can sell the truck for about 28 or mb 29 if i get lucky. I have been looking at used lightning and they go for about that price for a 2001 but i have a feeling i can get about 28900 so ill be making about 5 grand thats y i want to sell but if i cant get about 27gs im not going to sell. but what car would u get for about 25gs
thanks

ps jjs thank for giving me a new way of looking at this problem
Old 09-20-2002, 09:14 AM
jjs

good way of putting it!!! i never looked at it that way. but the trrth is i lot the lighting for a really good price. i got it for 22900 for a 2000 but the ting is ford just up in a new motor. so im thinking i can sell the truck for about 28 or mb 29 if i get lucky. I have been looking at used lightning and they go for about that price for a 2001 but i have a feeling i can get about 28900 so ill be making about 5 grand thats y i want to sell but if i cant get about 27gs im not going to sell. but what car would u get for about 25gs
thanks

ps jjs thank for giving me a new way of looking at this problem
Do you really want a stick or would an auto be OK? From you choices, not sure which way you are leaning....
Old 09-20-2002, 09:42 AM

i thing is i want a stick i think its just better???
but yea what would u get
thanks
Old 09-20-2002, 09:48 AM
jjs

i thing is i want a stick i think its just better???
but yea what would u get
thanks
check my sig...the truck is an auto, the Max is a stick...they both have their advantages...

where I was going with this question is there are some models out there that do not have a stick as an option...(pretty much the situation when I decided on the Max)...if you HAVE to have a stick it would be more limiting (not taking into account the power part of the equation)...for the money and power I would get a 6speed Max...speaking of $$$ when you say 02-03, do you include the option of used 2002's...if so, your $25K might get you into a wider range of cars as they are traded in or sold...
Old 09-20-2002, 09:56 AM

ok say any car used but it has to be no older then 2000 and i want a stick but if the car is just right and it is an auto ill go for it
now what do u have in mind
thanks