5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Question about eibach springs....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 05:36 AM

Question about eibach springs....

I have searched for info on this but can not find the answer. I recently had the Eibach pro kit installed on my 2003 se. I am pleased with the way the car handles and LOVE the way it looks!! but I find the ride to be a little bit harsh. How much of an improvement will new struts make? Or should I just try to sell the Eibachs and go with H&R? Not really what I want to do seeing I payed 300 to have them installed and do not want to go through the hassle of selling the Eibachs.... Any Help would be greatly appreciated...
Old 09-25-2002, 05:42 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Eibachs are hard springs. If you upgrade your struts your going to firm it up even more.

Solution - H&R springs (Soft) + New Struts (Firm) = Sweet ride!
Old 09-25-2002, 06:12 AM

Re: Question about eibach springs....

Originally posted by bwalsh
I have searched for info on this but can not find the answer. I recently had the Eibach pro kit installed on my 2003 se. I am pleased with the way the car handles and LOVE the way it looks!! but I find the ride to be a little bit harsh. How much of an improvement will new struts make? Or should I just try to sell the Eibachs and go with H&R? Not really what I want to do seeing I payed 300 to have them installed and do not want to go through the hassle of selling the Eibachs.... Any Help would be greatly appreciated...
I have eibachs with tocikos blues. the ride is a little harsher than before. I had the 2000 gxe suspension.
a tad harsher and much much improved handling. well worth the trade off
Old 09-25-2002, 06:14 AM

Re: Re: Question about eibach springs....

Originally posted by stose95

I have eibachs with tocikos blues. the ride is a little harsher than before. I had the 2000 gxe suspension.
a tad harsher and much much improved handling. well worth the trade off
Will new struts make my ride a little less harsh do you know?
Old 09-25-2002, 08:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: Question about eibach springs....

Will new struts make my ride a little less harsh do you know?
yes
Old 09-25-2002, 11:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Question about eibach springs....

does the car bounce a lot? if yes, u might need new struts...if not, the spring is too stiff for u and putting new struts will not help to make it softer.

I have koni and eibach...love the ride
Old 09-25-2002, 11:26 AM

Re: Re: Question about eibach springs....

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

does the car bounce a lot? if yes, u might need new struts...if not, the spring is too stiff for u and putting new struts will not help to make it softer.

I have koni and eibach...love the ride
I have a 2000 Max SE with Eibachs. I was using the stock shocks for 19,000 miles and I decided to give the Tokicos a try. I was worried that the ride would be stiffer after the install. Now that I have the Tokicos, the ride is a little softer. It is still a firm ride but not as stiff as before. The SE Maximas have a stiffer suspension setting from the factory. The GLE and GXE have a little softer setting from the factory. If you go with the Tokicos and Eibachs your ride will be stiffer than stock but not overly harsh. Im happy with the set up!
Old 09-25-2002, 11:34 AM

I rememeber a post some time ago about people putting aftermarket shocks with stock SE springs and kept similar ride quality but better handling? And of course same wheel gap, which actually doesn't bother me as much , just that the rear wheel well sits lower than the front so the car looks like it's rear heavy. oh well.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:46 AM

I have Eibachs and just recently went to Tokicos from stock struts. I found the ride too harsh on stock struts. It would really hit some bumps (RR crossings, some potholes) hard. After Tokicos the ride feels much better, but still very firm. I like it alot, but some bumps still hit rather hard. Overall it is better. If you don't like the firm ride, maybe H&Rs would be better because Eibachs are firm. Just my experience - hope this helps a little.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:16 PM

Thank you for all the help everybody

Thank you for all the help everybody