5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

got my JMS CUSTOM GRILL AND VALANCE installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 06:57 AM

got my JMS CUSTOM GRILL AND VALANCE installed

grill and valance done by JMS Products Inc. http://www.jmsproductsinc.com
VERY nice work and A LOT better looking and A LOT less expensive than the Trenz or Street Scenes grill or whoever makes it.

pictures are on the bottom of page 2 on my homepage
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=170263&page=2

close up of grill
close up of valance
picture of the entire car
Old 09-25-2002, 07:22 AM

Looks great!

Did you install it, or did you get it done somewhere?

Does it consist of taking off the bumper and cutting, etc...

I love the black look.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:30 AM

Re: got my JMS CUSTOM GRILL AND VALANCE installed

dude! That looks tight!!
congratulations!
Old 09-25-2002, 07:31 AM

Re: Looks great!

Originally posted by max34
Did you install it, or did you get it done somewhere?

Does it consist of taking off the bumper and cutting, etc...

I love the black look.
well, i am friendly with Jay (owner of JMS) so i went over there to pick it up and he installed it for me. its just attatched with a bunch of zip ties. anyone can do it themselves.

i have a 2002 so there is no need for me to cut my grill. it comes right out with the removal of 3 bolts. your car is different though. your grill is attatched to the bumper. right now he only has the grill and valance for the 2002s and 2003s. if you show interest in a grill that could fit over the stock 2000/2001 grill without cutting it maybe he could work on getting that out for you.

for everyone's information, each piece costs $69.95. (so that would be $139.90 for the grill AND valance) much better than the $210 or whatever Trenz is asking for their grill only.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Looks great!

Originally posted by Newman

well, i am friendly with Jay (owner of JMS) so i went over there to pick it up and he installed it for me. its just attatched with a bunch of zip ties. anyone can do it themselves.

i have a 2002 so there is no need for me to cut my grill. it comes right out with the removal of 3 bolts. your car is different though. your grill is attatched to the bumper. right now he only has the grill and valance for the 2002s and 2003s. if you show interest in a grill that could fit over the stock 2000/2001 grill without cutting it maybe he could work on getting that out for you.

for everyone's information, each piece costs $69.95. (so that would be $139.90 for the grill AND valance) much better than the $210 or whatever Trenz is asking for their grill only.
also a better price than what I paid for the Streetscenes grill and valence from custommaxima......

I love the look of your custom black grill....has a very agressive look and very stylish

very very hot!!!
likey likey
Old 09-25-2002, 07:53 AM

VERY nice work and A LOT better looking and A LOT less expensive than the Trenz grill.

close up of grill
close up of valance
I want I want. What is the best way to order this? I am also curious about the zip tie installation...do you have any close ups of the zip ties? Are they visible?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 09-25-2002, 08:03 AM
Boost.....

VERY nice work and A LOT better looking and A LOT less expensive than the Trenz grill.

close up of grill
close up of valance

Looks nice!!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:56 AM
92 SE-R 02 SE

does it only come in black? Im not sure it would look good on my car becuase its grey..

Old 09-25-2002, 10:00 AM
Nismo-Tek

Now that looks hot with the black on black and it fits nice. If he decided to make them for the 2K-2K1 I would be interested.

Old 09-25-2002, 10:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Newman - Are they out in Manasas?? Thought I saw that on the site. We gotta hook up, I need to see this in person.
Old 09-25-2002, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by TellschMax02

I want I want. What is the best way to order this? I am also curious about the zip tie installation...do you have any close ups of the zip ties? Are they visible?

Thanks,
Brian
go to the website: http://www.jmsproductsinc.com and click on the ORDER page. follow the instructions.
you cannot see the zip ties for the grill at all. you can kind of see the ones for the valance (see the close up picture) but they just look like they are supposed to be there. the ties are black so they disappear very well.

Originally posted by 92 SE-R 02 SE
does it only come in black? Im not sure it would look good on my car becuase its grey..
he also has silver but im sure you can end up painting it any color you want.

Originally posted by dblrr900
Newman - Are they out in Manasas?? Thought I saw that on the site. We gotta hook up, I need to see this in person.
no, he lives in Herndon. i am not sure if he runs it out of his home or if he has a shop. but everytime we got together i went to his house in Herndon. i am back down at school at JMU right now. so i hope the pictures satisfy you for at least the next few weeks
Old 09-25-2002, 10:36 AM
Administrator

I am honestly not feeling it.. i like the old one better.. makes the car look broad and wide
Old 09-25-2002, 10:50 AM

I don't like it. maybe if you put the hamburger up there or something like GTR. Someone has the grill and valence with GTR imblem and stillen Aero Kit forgot who and that looked real tight but their's was Sterling Mist.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by perrymaxima
I don't like it. maybe if you put the hamburger up there or something like GTR. Someone has the grill and valence with GTR imblem and stillen Aero Kit forgot who and that looked real tight but their's was Sterling Mist.
I like the look...I think you can get the emblems off of Custommaxima.com....GTR or Nissan. I might look into that...but I'm going with silver.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:00 PM

Nice grill bro! I think it looks good plain. It looks more discreet. I think I will order one when I get paid.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:14 PM

i agree. that was my first thought. it needs a nissan hanburger on there. i thoight i mentioned that in my first post but i guess i left it out.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:36 PM

Sup Ryan,
I just checked out your pics so you dont have to send them to me. I like your grill a lot. I think with it being in black you really cant tell the difference between the 1/4 inch and the 1/2 inch. It still may need an emblem, but it looks real good either way.

I just got off the phone with Jay and he said I'll have mine by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Im glad we'll be the first to have these, with no drilling and the way they pressure fit right in he really maybe onto something...
Old 09-25-2002, 01:46 PM

Originally posted by Pmm3rd
Sup Ryan,
I just checked out your pics so you dont have to send them to me. I like your grill a lot. I think with it being in black you really cant tell the difference between the 1/4 inch and the 1/2 inch. It still may need an emblem, but it looks real good either way.

I just got off the phone with Jay and he said I'll have mine by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Im glad we'll be the first to have these, with no drilling and the way they pressure fit right in he really maybe onto something...
Can you get the honey-combs larger? I assume 1/2" vs 1/4" is what that is referring too.

Brian
Old 09-25-2002, 03:16 PM

Why would you want the honey combs larger? Wouldn't people be able to see thru your grill? They might start punching some holes in your radiator.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by TellschMax02

Can you get the honey-combs larger? I assume 1/2" vs 1/4" is what that is referring too.

Brian
my grill is 1/4" and the valance is 1/2". but they arent honey combs. they are diamonds.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:19 PM

Hey Newman,

What color does the grill come in? Is it silver? Like the speed grill?
Old 09-25-2002, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by augie
Hey Newman,

What color does the grill come in? Is it silver? Like the speed grill?
the materials he has come in black and silver. but if you want a different color i bet you could paint it yourself to match any color you want.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:35 PM

yeah, it definitely needs a Nissan emblem:

vs.

Old 09-25-2002, 03:48 PM

Yeah it does need an emblem, now that you look at it. Maybe cause the color is black.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:05 PM
Banned

Nice!!
Old 09-25-2002, 04:20 PM

Another question Newman..Did you get aluminum or stainless steel? You got diamond cut right? Sorry for the million questions.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:31 PM

Very nice. Can't wait for JMS to finish the upper and lower grill for the 02 Altima...
Old 09-25-2002, 06:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Damn ALTIMA LURKERS.. LOL

I like the grill, i have been waiting for such a grill..

As the question mentioned above, is it aluminum or stainless.. this is very important because it looks aweful after a winter ..

Also, is their detailed instructions??

ED
Old 09-25-2002, 06:32 PM

Originally posted by augie
Another question Newman..Did you get aluminum or stainless steel? You got diamond cut right? Sorry for the million questions.
questions arent a problem.

it is aluminum. 18 guage.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by MiniRX7
: Just looking for mods, a 3.5 liter is a 3.5 liter...lol
Old 09-25-2002, 06:41 PM

I like the grill, i have been waiting for such a grill..

As the question mentioned above, is it aluminum or stainless.. this is very important because it looks aweful after a winter ..

Also, is their detailed instructions??

ED
hmm, i never even thought about rusting. but i am confident that the weather will not affect it.

personally, Jay of JMS put in my grill so there were no instructions. but i dont think instructions are necessary. its pretty simple and stright forward.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

02ALTIMA

3.5L is 3.5L??

GRRR>. i suggest you now move yourself from the ORG and go to the HONDA ODYESSY or CHRYSLER LHS/300M crowd... LOL

Don't worry i lurk atlimas.net as well... GUILTY AS CHARGED..

NEWMAN- Aluminum?? oh man, that kind of bothers me, is their anyway to get stainless steel?? or something that won't corrode? Aluminum is the worst when you get salt on it.. it eats it like the way i eat my BIG MAC..

ED
Old 09-25-2002, 06:48 PM

NEWMAN- Aluminum?? oh man, that kind of bothers me, is their anyway to get stainless steel?? or something that won't corrode? Aluminum is the worst when you get salt on it.. it eats it like the way i eat my BIG MAC..

ED
on the website it said "available in aluminum or stainless steel" so im assuming you get get that. i never actually "ordered" my gril. i just told him i wanted black and he decided on everything else. he has an aluminum grill on his Saleen so i dont think he'd put something on his own car that would give him problems. ill ask him and see what he says about that.
Old 09-25-2002, 08:28 PM

Emblem

Why not the "3.5L" emblem in the upper left hand part of the grill? A la' Audi/VW modified grills?

Think we can get enough people for early 5th gen (2k-2k1) grills to be made?

Brian
Old 09-26-2002, 12:25 AM

looks good. But i wonder how it would look on light color cars cuz there's a vertical grill thing in the middle after the grill is off and it is body colored. i believe it would be obviously showing through the mesh. seems the only way around it is painting that inner grill black
Old 09-26-2002, 01:32 AM

Can this be done to the grill?

Old 09-26-2002, 01:51 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally posted by Lumbee799
Can this be done to the grill?

Yeah but they don't have one for a 2000.
Old 09-26-2002, 03:28 AM

Yes finally somebody listens to my opinions on what they should do to there Max to make it lookt hat much more better. Newan what about a GTR emblem in the front grill lets see how that would look and compare it to the nissan hamburger. I just think something is need to break up all the black in the grill and lower valence. Of course without looking ricy.
Old 09-26-2002, 05:18 AM

Yes finally somebody listens to my opinions on what they should do to there Max to make it lookt hat much more better. Newan what about a GTR emblem in the front grill lets see how that would look and compare it to the nissan hamburger. I just think something is need to break up all the black in the grill and lower valence. Of course without looking ricy.
i would never put the GTR on my car. but here you go.
Old 09-26-2002, 06:04 AM

i would never put the GTR on my car. but here you go.
Yeah I know what you mean but it does look better than the hamburger and it might be on the rice side considering the rest of the modds you have done. Is it possible to paint the hamburger titanuim

Quick Reply: got my JMS CUSTOM GRILL AND VALANCE installed