5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Boycott Firebird Raceway (very long rant)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 08:11 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Boycott Firebird Raceway (very long rant)

I met up with a few guys last night at Firebird Raceway expecting to get a few runs in and have a good time.

Upon arrival at 7:00PM, I paid the guy at the gate $25 ($10 for my passenger, $15 for me). I immediately went over and got in line to race.

As it turns out, there are intermittent gusts of dust and wind that keep causing the track to be shut down. After waiting for an hour, they finally allow the cars to line up and start racing.

There are 5 lines. I am the 6th car in line one. For some reason, the ******* running the lines, lets only the front two cars out of my line and clear out almost all of the other ones. The center lane was COMPLETELY emptied out and to boot, my friend Dave in his 2k2 Maxima was able to get 2 RUNS IN! I sat there and watched him line up a second time in amazement as we just sat there.

After about 30 minutes, wind picks up and they shut the track down again. We waited another 30 minutes.

When they said it was all clear, they let the junior drag racers out on the track. That lasted about 20 minutes. Then to really **** EVERYONE off, they decided to let toddlers make runs on Big Wheels. Yes, that's right, I said Big Wheels. There were probably close to 150 cars sitting in line while these mothers got to watch their kids make runs on their tricycles. That really ****ed me off.

After the Big Wheel extravaganza, they decided that apparently there was too much slobber from those little bastards on the track and they decided they had to clean it. Then grate it. Then clean it. After standing there for another hour, it starts to pour. This is at around 9:30, so the track is about to close in an hour or so anyhow. So everyone gets in line and starts to pull out along the side of track, expecting to receive a rain check.

Traffic to the front gate was miserable, but since I was one of the front cars, I got up there fairly quickly.

I was greeted by a fat lady employee at the gate screaming at the top of her lungs, "EVERYBODY OUT!!! NO RAIN CHECKS. IT HAS NOT BEEN CALLED YET!"

So I decide to pull over just outside of the gate so I can go find out what the fukk was going on.

I go up to her and she keeps screaming the same thing over and over again. There are also about 20 other cars that pulled over to do the same thing.

Finally, the track marshall guy comes out and here's how my conversation with him goes.

A: Why are you not giving rain checks?
T: The race has not been called.
A: Are you going to run anymore races tonight?
T: No, probably not.
A: Then call the race, for chrissake and give me my rain check.
T: We are not calling the race and we are not giving out rain checks.
T: No, you need to leave now. If you want to come back in, I will charge you $15 again.
A: WHAT?!?!?! That lady just told all of us to leave. Her exat words were, "EVERYBODY OUT! NO RAIN CHECKS! EVERYBODY OUT!" And why the fukk would I give you another $15 to sit in the rain and watch you guys stand there with your thumb up your asses?
T: She never told you to leave. You left on your own will and she was just trying to clear people out.
A: Oh that's fukking bull****. You guys are crooks.
T: Did you spectate any races this evening?
A: What?
T: Did you watch any races?
A: No, the only thing I spectated was the guy's rear bumper in front of me in the line that NEVER MOVED!!!!
<<<<<CROWD IS GETTING BIGGER NOW
T: If you spectated one race, then we have no reason to issue you a rain check. You need to leave now, or I am going to call security.
A: I'm not leaving without a rain check. I don't want my money back. I want a rain check.
T: SECURITY!!!!!
<<<<<<Enter 80 year old man (seriously)
S: Come on guys, everyone leave.
A: Dude, no way. They took all of our money (I am now the spokesman for the entire group).
S: Guys, we are going to have to call the cops if you don't leave.
(I kinda felt bad for the old man because you could tell he wanted nothing to do with a riot of any sort. I took it easy on him and he actually kinda calmed things down).
A: (Turns back to track marshall guy- CALMLY). Okay, Well I am going to be calling the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General, and your corporate office on Monday. May I please have your name so I can report you?
T: No. Get off our property.
A: Give me your name and I am gone.
T: (Turns to security booth)- Call 911.
A: All I want is your name.
T: (Gets one inch from my face) The cops are on their way.
A: If you are so confident in your decision to rip all of these people off, then why are you so ashamed to give me your name?
T: LEAVE
A: GIVE ME YOUR ****ING NAME *******!!!!!!!!!
<<<<<<<Enter wanna be tough guy
W: (Tough guy in my face) You need to leave in 3 seconds or you are going to jail.
A: Are you a cop? I'd like to see your badge.
W: I'm a firefighter.
A: Oh, and firefighters can arrest people now? Get the fukk out of my face and go put out a fire.
W: (Nudges into me with forced "mad-dog" look on his face. I nudge back).
<<<<<<Tempers all around flare and fight is growing inevitable.
<<<<<<<Enter Mark, my buddy
M: Come on Andy, let's get the hell out of here. We;ll take care of this Monday. (Pulls me away).

Sorry for the long story, but I can't believe the nerve of these bastards. There were a total of about 30 races run the entire night. I didn't run one. But I'm sure glad that the Big Wheeling kids got to go. That was certainly important.

Flame me if you want. There is no doubt in my mind that I was right and you are a postwhoring lemming if you try to turn this on me.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:00 AM
Blu
the tits

dude that f uckin sucks. I would not have left and waited on the cops to get there and say Mr. FF was harrasing you. SO did you ever get that guys name?? I would report them to BBB *******s.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:09 AM

i have to admit that is a bunch of bullsh*t. atleast you kept calm with the security gaurd if u knew he didnt want anything to do with it. if i were you i would call the better buisness bureau, and go back down there, and file a complain, i dont know if it will do much now,but atleast you stood up for yourself and the others there. letting people walk all over you (and rip you off) is a sh*tty way to go through life. you should always stand up for yourself
Old 09-28-2002, 11:02 AM

Originally posted by blubyu2k2
dude that f uckin sucks. I would not have left and waited on the cops to get there and say Mr. FF was harrasing you. SO did you ever get that guys name?? I would report them to BBB *******s.
Never got his name. But I will find out on Monday for sure when i call their corporate office. And I will also be calling the Better Business Bureau.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Banned

While I don't know if the BBB is going to be able to do anything about the incident other than document it, I'm taking it that you weren't the only one that walked out of that place PO'd that night. I'm sure there were other people who went there also felt the same.

Mann, and we all thought you were just having a bad week. 1st your car, and now this......more like a bad month! Don't you wish your dog took a HUGE WET DUMP on their track?
Old 09-28-2002, 02:23 PM

I would have been so PO... but you should have waited for the cops and filed a report Filing a report would allow you to get his name at least.
Old 09-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Are you kidding?!?! Thats so ridiculous. Im kinda glad i had crap goin on last night now. I was ****ed that i couldnt go too. Oh well. let us know how it turns out, or me at least.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:28 PM

If you want to make an impact, have everyone that you know call up the track and b*tch!
Old 09-28-2002, 03:47 PM

You should have told them "No" I didn't spectate because I paid $15 to race, and if you check the tower I did not run once.

Technically if he nudged you, you probably could have gotten away with beating his @SS. Hey self defense, the guy came over and was up in your face threatening and then pushed you!

Andy, I hate to say it but man trouble seems to follow you throughout your entire Maxima experience.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:14 PM

Originally posted by 2000 SE
Andy, I hate to say it but man trouble seems to follow you throughout your entire Maxima experience.
I go looking for trouble half of the time. I could have just left and called it a night, but I was so ****ed off that I had to start something. I HAD TO WATCH TODDLERS ON BIG WHEELS FOR CRISSAKE!

And the guy that nudged me would have just squished me. But there were like 20 other guys standing right behind me who probably would have jumped in......or at least thrown a cheap shot or two.

I'll do it the right way on Monday morning and call their corporate office. It's obviosuly not about the money.

What sucks is that I will never be able to go there again because everyone will recognize my car and remember me. I want to see what my car can run.

OT- Today's string of bad luck: Broke viewfinder on camcorder last night at track, dropped cell phone and it shattered, two nails in girlfriend's tire.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by 2000 SE
You should have told them "No" I didn't spectate because I paid $15 to race, and if you check the tower I did not run once.
I did tell him that and he said that it still doesn't matter. Fukking a-hole hick.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:43 PM

bunch of ****** at that place. i hope you get retribution
Old 09-28-2002, 07:46 PM

Originally posted by asu174
What sucks is that I will never be able to go there again because everyone will recognize my car and remember me. I want to see what my car can run.
I wouldnt worry bout them recognizing you. Theres only like 7 other white maximas that go to Firebird!
Old 09-28-2002, 09:21 PM

Dude raise hell! That is such BS. You should have waited for the cops so they would have to file a police report and have everyone there sign. Then show that to the corporate office. Oh man, I am so ****ed after reading that. Don't let off of this one man. You should have collected everyones contact info there, so they could all get rainchecks after you get done kicking ***.
Old 09-28-2002, 09:51 PM

Andy, I wouldn't worry about being banned from there, they won't remember you 2 days from now, but thanks for sticking up for all of us. I was forwarned by Glenn that we were'nt getting any rainchecks, so I had time to cool down while I was waiting to leave. We'll be giving Speedworld our money for a while, from now on. It is a 70 mile drive, one way, for me, but it's worth it. You can get like 50 runs there and be home by 8:00. On another note, driving home on ET Streets with 12psi in the rain was no fun It was downright scary a couple of times. That's prolly why I wasn't that mad about the whole thing,1. I got a run in, and 2. I had to concentrate on driving the whole way home.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:07 PM

Originally posted by 2K2_6spd
Andy, I wouldn't worry about being banned from there, they won't remember you 2 days from now, but thanks for sticking up for all of us. I was forwarned by Glenn that we were'nt getting any rainchecks, so I had time to cool down while I was waiting to leave. We'll be giving Speedworld our money for a while, from now on. It is a 70 mile drive, one way, for me, but it's worth it. You can get like 50 runs there and be home by 8:00. On another note, driving home on ET Streets with 12psi in the rain was no fun It was downright scary a couple of times. That's prolly why I wasn't that mad about the whole thing,1. I got a run in, and 2. I had to concentrate on driving the whole way home.
Speedworld, huh? Zipcode 85361? 200TH AVE?!?!?! Holy crap that's far, even for me! I guess the 101 would take me out to 75th ave or so thn I have to take Bell Road the rest of the way? That's nuts.

Oh well, let me know when you are going again. I've got the itch to do this....bad. I need to break into the 14"s.......
Old 09-29-2002, 07:20 AM

You can take hi-way all the way out there, it's not a bad drive.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by 2K2_6spd
You can take hi-way all the way out there, it's not a bad drive.
]
Where is this place at?
Old 09-29-2002, 02:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

re

Old 09-29-2002, 02:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 09-29-2002, 02:40 PM

Get a life, mr. Ifinallypostedsomethinganditsapointlessflame

Why is it tracks are always run by straw chewing rednecks who hate imports =P
Old 09-29-2002, 03:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 09-29-2002, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by misterx
Get a life son. Dont come in and harp on peoples rides for no reason.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:28 PM

Ahh... Looks like we have a representative of Firebird Raceway here! You joined Maxima.org just for this thread? I feel SOOOOO special!

Your only defense is to make fun of my car. Grow up. Seriously.

Firebird Raceway is run by incompetent morons. I guess I can't expect too much from a group of hicks like yourself that get paid $6/hour and have to work on weekend evenings. The words "customer service" are beyond your realm of comprehension.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:49 PM

Ahh... Looks like we have a representative of Firebird Raceway here! You joined Maxima.org just for this thread? I feel SOOOOO special!

Your only defense is to make fun of my car. Grow up. Seriously.

Firebird Raceway is run by incompetent morons. I guess I can't expect too much from a group of hicks like yourself that get paid $6/hour and have to work on weekend evenings. The words "customer service" are beyond your realm of comprehension.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:20 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by Chinkzilla
Get a life, mr. Ifinallypostedsomethinganditsapointlessflame

Why is it tracks are always run by straw chewing rednecks who hate imports =P
Don't you know that the same people that run tracks are , related to " Carneys ".... These are the same toothless rednecks who have nothing better to aspire to in life than to WATCH other people race their expensive cars, and thow their attituda around with ONE TOOTH flapping in the breeze... Screw them Andy. You showed a lot more restraint than I would have ! As far as MRIAMFULLOFBS, get the F off the board !
Old 09-30-2002, 06:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Old 09-30-2002, 07:05 AM

oh man almost exact same thing happened to me
I got there & the lady is like "what class are you iin? " IM like WTF??? I wnat test & tune then lady goes theres no test & tune their website said test & tune on last saturday, then i said wahtever the maxima in front of me did I'll do that. Then I go in & see all those focking 8,9,10 scond muscle car dragging & we're (6maximas) going wtf... then we go talk to some ppl, they say they're having a competition todya, we go back to the booth & ask for a refund... the clam way.. they said nope but we can do time trial... we said fine... we go to the time trial things, only thing is 3 max guy got the racing sheet & two didnt' (i didn't & shooter_j from here didn't) then we have to walk all the fuking way back to the booth, then to our cars & drive our cars to the place where they put u in TT (mad-ran out of similies) then we go line up & Watch all those stupid ugly ghey sounding muscle car race & the TT guy stay in line 1 & watch..... (it took us almost TWO hrs to get things settled & line up) so finally we get to run... first ttime ever, most of us dunno what we're doing. the christmas tree guy got focked off that we dunno how ot line up & we're "slowing down" the muscle cars... & all th eaudience is looking at us like riceboys (none of us type R or big stickers). we just ignore them and run, first run was fun then we go back to line up. Then it took us 1hr 15 mins of watiing before we got to run again, they let those stupid muscle caars run & we just sat there... there was like 5 lanes, we all had to wait in line 1. then the junior dragstar thing starts... a bunch of lil kids dragging & we just sit there...... (at this point we're going Where TF is that test & tune)... then a rocket car runs... took like 20mins... then we finally get to run... after second run we said F it & left...

it was fun since this is my first time, I plan to go to another track soon in a few weeks. But that day was fuked. not as bad as yours andy but it was pretty bad since we had 5 maxima.org people there who all paid & we all ran crap time due to all the pressure/hate they ppl had on us.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:19 AM

100% agree here, same with my closest track here. There was a 10 years old kid handing out forms & charging us $30 just to "spectulate" those noisey hick car runs . All the spectators just gave us the "u have the world's slowest/ricest/gheyish car" look when we ran... they prolly drove geo metros there or chevy chvette. The guy who lines people up completely focked up the sentra ser-v I was running... & ended up with a 19.6 because of that guy.
Old 09-30-2002, 07:50 AM

hey Dumb A$$. I know you think you're clever, but we don't pretend that our cars are "hot rods". You're really showing your intelligence by using that term....hot rod ....
Old 09-30-2002, 07:52 AM

I'll indulge you. What do you drive?
Old 09-30-2002, 08:43 AM

Nice edit Kev.......
Old 09-30-2002, 08:49 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

haha, now thats funny.. I wasnt sure what to do there, Kev to the rescue..
Old 09-30-2002, 08:51 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Old 09-30-2002, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
maybe someone hacked into your account
Old 09-30-2002, 12:40 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

not aimed at you kev ... just the moron who can't control himself
Old 09-30-2002, 12:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hahah, great image. Someone should make a pic of the Simpson's comic book store guy with a sign "worst Star Trek character, ever".
Old 09-30-2002, 01:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice editing! What a bunch of *****. And I've been pretty polite so far. BTW, the term 'hot rod' was used sarcastically. And, I don't work for Firebird. I just can't stand believe that you would all get your panties in knots over $15. BTW, since you asked what I drive, here are some vids of my Ford...

www.azmustangs.com/videos/richvschrista.wmv

www.azmustangs.com/videos/richvsjay.wmv

I know that it is not the paragon of automotive excellence that the Maxima is but hey, it gets around. And, I built it myself...
I'll head back to my double-wide now...
Old 09-30-2002, 01:43 PM

I HAD TO WATCH TODDLERS ON BIG WHEELS FOR CRISSAKE!

dude...I'm sorry....but that is g0dd@mn motherf*cking
hilarious.

but regarding the bullsh*t at the track...that is some major BS.......and I'd be ****ed as hell too.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:01 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Nice editing! What a bunch of *****. And I've been pretty polite so far. BTW, the term 'hot rod' was used sarcastically. And, I don't work for Firebird. I just can't stand believe that you would all get your panties in knots over $15. BTW, since you asked what I drive, here are some vids of my Ford...

www.azmustangs.com/videos/richvschrista.wmv

www.azmustangs.com/videos/richvsjay.wmv

I know that it is not the paragon of automotive excellence that the Maxima is but hey, it gets around. And, I built it myself...
I'll head back to my double-wide now...
I wasn't going to be a post ****, but you forced me to be one. Play nice and we can all be friends.

Quick Reply: Boycott Firebird Raceway (very long rant)