5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Un-f'king Believable

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Un-f'king Believable

Don't go to Trophy Nissan for service on your max!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to Trophy Nissan in Dallas today to get my two TSB's(power seat, brake judder) fixed.

Dumbasses carved up all the paneling on the door and around the front seat, I guess when they were pulling the power seat motor out with the gear assembly.

You know that doesn't **** me off so much as the fact that they just handed the car back to me when they finished and didn't tell me a damn thing had happened.

Fukking please, jack asses thought they would get away with that. Anyway I opened the door to leave, and of course saw my carved up interior and proceeded to lay a nice four letter tirade on the service managers' happy ***.

He couldn't believe what happened either. They're going to replace all the panneling around the driver seat for free.

NEVER GOING BACK THERE AGAIN. NO RESPECT FOR THE MAX!!
Old 09-28-2002, 06:24 PM

Re: Un-f'king Believable

Originally posted by KP ROX

Went to Trophy Nissan in Dallas today to get my two TSB's(power seat, brake judder) fixed.

Dumbasses carved up all the paneling on the door and around the front seat, I guess when they were pulling the power seat motor out with the gears (some such).

You know that doesn't **** me off so much as the fact that they just handed the car back to me when they finished and didn't tell me a damn thing had happened.

Fukking please, jack asses thought they would get away with that. Anyway I opened the door to leave, and of course saw my carved up interior and proceeded to lay a nice four letter tirade on the service managers' happy ***.

dude. . at least you got it taken care of. . .look on the bright side. . yes it sucks but at least when it came down to it they did the right thing

He couldn't believe what happened either. They're going to replace all the panneling around the driver seat for free.

Old 09-28-2002, 06:42 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

man.. I feel your pain. I do, I've been there with other Nissan dealers ('s' = plural). Except, they didnt offer anything. They accused me of bring them the car that way. Not a single door ding, scratch, stain, mark or scuff *anywhere* on my car and they insinuate *THAT* spot, that worked on 10 mins ago, was already scratched up.

Of course, I dig get my glove box fixed.. that was the worst one. The other stuff I was able to get off or buff out.

Side note, please dont try to get around the language filter. I understand and all... but I'm supposed to just delete those messages. I know everyone has been doing it, but I'm going to have to start watching it more carefully in general -thx
Old 09-29-2002, 09:48 AM

Re: Un-f'king Believable

Dumbasses carved up all the paneling on the door and around the front seat, I guess when they were pulling the power seat motor out with the gears (some such).

On top of that I think I got screwed. Turns out they just turned the rotors to fix the brake judder problem, which is what the TSB says to do. However, after talking to some friends, they say that the brake pads should be replaced when a rotor is turned. Question is why wouldn't the TSB say to replace the brake pads if my friends are right?
Old 09-29-2002, 09:50 AM

had mine turned last week under the TSB... got brand spankin new pads. warped rotors will cause excessive and often uneven wear on the pads, thats why they are to be replaced.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by TimW
had mine turned last week under the TSB... got brand spankin new pads. warped rotors will cause excessive and often uneven wear on the pads, thats why they are to be replaced.
I don't understand why they didn't replace the pads? I'll have to call them tomorrow and ask for it, danget!
Old 09-30-2002, 06:09 AM

I don't understand why they didn't replace the pads? I'll have to call them tomorrow and ask for it, danget!

I talked to the service manager today, he said that the brake pads were 80 to 90% good, and that warped rotors don't always damage the brake pads. Hmm..
Old 09-30-2002, 07:02 AM

dunno. my pad's damage was visible. They werent making full contact on the rotor. hard to explain..

I think the TSB calls for new pads.. thats is weak. But keep in mind, your turned rotors are only going to last 10K at most.. you'll need ANOTHER set of new rotors before those original pads wear out.