5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 10:27 PM

i don't know what to say man. i thought being out a couple tires was bad. that's some really horrible sh*t. i can't imagine how people could be so blatantly a$$holish. i can't stand criminals in general.
and yeah, these guys had some serious time.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I know Dixt. See him damnn near every day. A lot of people on this board knew about his stuff. Knew where it was. And also (because of this board) knew his car was sitting in his parking lot waiting for the SC work to complete due to problems. This is very easily an inside job.

Yes it could just as easily be just some heavy hitters, but they would have to understand those TV units. I never knew that you had control units and stuff for the TV systems. I didn't know until I met Dixit and saw where they were. My point, it seems a bit easier to assume it was an orger or someone that he knows from around the area.

Either way I am commited to helping D snoop around, and I will be the first one to roll up on who we find out did this. I will be handing out numbers for those that want to get inline for the "boot-party".

Also, when it the last time a theirf knew where the 4 bolts where that TAKE THE ENTIRE DASH UNIT OUT!!!! This was someone that Phuckin knows maximas!

These guys are going down.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:33 PM

Ok, this is ridiculous. Your car is tight as hell and it ****es me off to no end knowing that some phucker just decided you didn't deserve that stuff. Did you install it all yourself? I know that i've heard PLENTY of stories of people from install stores coming and stealing the merchandise they had previously installed. I can't name a single thing that would **** me off more than me saving up my own $$$ to mod out my car and having the tight stuff in my car get stolen. This person was no amateur and I'm guessing that they live in your neighborhood or near by. Did anyone see you install all of this stuff? No way is there someone driving around with the tools to do what they did, including attempting to jack the rims. That would mean that they had something to lift the car to put them on blocks or whatnot. Ahhh...I'm so aggrivated at these guys who did this to your iced out car. You'll definately be hearing from me on AIM and I will be checking ebay frequently. One thing that I don't understand that may prove all of you assuming that it was a max person is that your HIDs are still on the car. Any max person knows how easy it is to get these stolen and how frequently they get stolen. I'm gonna stick with someone who sees you modding your car or someone who lives near you.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:39 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

did you have the faces off the screen and player? did you keep them in the car?
Old 09-28-2002, 11:43 PM

Hm...I was reading over your homepage and I realized something...

The batwing scanner, you said it lit up when its activated. Well anyone who saw your website and saw your car without that batwing scanner lit up would realize your alarm wasn't on. Now that is not very cool to say the least. People keep telling me to install blue lights in my headlights to light up when my alarm is on but I tell them that that is a good way to get your car broken into.

I really hope we catch this ***** because this is just ridiculous, not only did they jack your **** they also ripped apart the max making it undriveable.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:45 PM

sorry about what happened bigdog
hope the cops find the thugs
Old 09-29-2002, 12:01 AM

thats ****ing bull****. i cant believe all of that was jacked. this is why i havent put tv's in my car. im terrified of this.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:33 AM

sorry to hear about what happened.....hopefully insurance will at least give you some money back.
on a slightly brighter side.......at least you still have your H.I.Ds
Old 09-29-2002, 01:09 AM

Dude, I really hope you get your things back... did you call the insurance and ask if they would cover it yet?
Old 09-29-2002, 05:14 AM
LeX
Nissan by Nature

slightly brighter side.......at least you still have your H.I.Ds
ha, H.I.D's, BRIGHTER side, umm should i laugh or cry? sorry hehe

There's something known as bad karma, and i'm sure something very special will happen to him soon
(this does not necessarily imply violence)
Maybe his house falls down and his wife of 8 years leaves him and takes all his stuff.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:37 AM

Re: Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

Wow, man, I'm really sorry to read this.

And I was bummed out cause yesterday some old guy backed into my parked car and tore out my new tail lamp, bumper and quarter panel (then flat out denied it, thank god for a witness present).

Your car was definitely one of the nice ones, definitely the most tricked out electronically.

I know what you're feeling right now... kill.. kill.. KILL! But nowhere to direct those feelings
Old 09-29-2002, 06:22 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

This stuff makes me so mad. I have been broken into twice in my life and it is the most violating feeling in the world. To this day, I am still haunted by it 8 years later.

Things I have learned:
1. You can't have a nice car with custom stuff unless you have a garage. There are too many things that can go wrong when you park outside: vandalism, theft, accidents.
2. Trust no one. This was not a random theft. Someone in your apartment complex or someone who has seen your car at a show did this.

Your wheels are not useless. Try calling the wheel lock manufacturer and getting a replacement key. I think they are $40.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:35 AM

This is the reason I had to pack up and get out of Apartment living! I think your right in your assumption that someone was watching you work on your car, and then took action. Just be aware that these thieves know where you live, know you have 19's on the car and soon you will have a supercharger, oh I forgot you got some HID's as well. If they want it they are going to take it, so go get yourself a new alarm it is called a GLOCK (spelling)!
Old 09-29-2002, 09:15 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

BigDog, sorry to see your break in man. It happens all over with people living in Apartments especially.

But I hate to say it, your car is a target. You have stickers on the side, nice chrome wheels, etc. You are advertising your car to the public to say steal me or my items. If you kept your car more stock looking and not put stickers on it, I bet it would have not been messed with.

Old 09-29-2002, 09:17 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Also to top it off, just talked with my brother and he said they took also the Wheel lock nut key and loosened some bolts on the pass front tire. So they were trying to tax those.

Now I got no clue how to get the wheels off, plus the pass side is missing 3bolts, and probably the others are loose. This just get better and better......

Nice, $6000 wheels are worthless, and cant drive the car. Plus the holes the bolts go in are over 4"s deep, no way to crack that wheel lock off without destroying the wheels.

Dixit
You can remove wheel locks with proper equipment. Basically a socket with rubber in it. It grabs the nut and twists it. It won't damage the wheel, seen it done many times by tire places.

Old 09-29-2002, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac

You can remove wheel locks with proper equipment. Basically a socket with rubber in it. It grabs the nut and twists it. It won't damage the wheel, seen it done many times by tire places.
yup....i remember I lost my wheel lock before. went to a tire place...they took it off in like 5 mins
good luck
Old 09-29-2002, 09:33 AM

I'm really sorry to see that happened. That really sucks big time!
Hope the cops can find those ****.
I feel for you, BigDog..
Old 09-29-2002, 09:37 AM

Man BigDog I feel you.....I would be so fuccin ****ed.....I wished I lived by you so I can help you find these mothafucckers
If you specualate who you know it is....act fast now before they try to sell the $hit to someone or a relative across town....
Old 09-29-2002, 09:42 AM

I too live in a complex, with a police officer who parks his patrol car in the same area.

I always thought that gave me a little extra piece of mind. I hope the best for you, this is terrible.

I do work on my car here, and it does always concern me who might be watching. Good luck dixit.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:50 AM

Sorry to hear about that BigDog. That is horrible. If you find these ***** I'll be happy to bring my 3 iron and lay down some smooth justice with you.

Just a thought here...is it possible that a homeowners/renters insurance policy might cover this stuff? Might be worth checking into if you have one.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:58 AM

that really sound like an inside job. Sorry for your lost man... I know how u feel because my friend had the same setup u had in a infiniti I30t and they hit him hard too... Plus they took his rims and the seats...
Old 09-29-2002, 10:19 AM

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. I know it doesn't do any good, but what goes around, comes around. And hopefully they have something coming to them soon.

You might want to talk to your insurance again. If you have the reciepts showing stuff that you had purchased for you car show that to them. Also, show them pictures of the stuff on the car, and let them know it was BOLTED on to the car that it was not just stuff lying around in your car. If after that they still dont want to pay, ask them if they pay a depreiated value. I know it wont cover the cost of the parts new, but at many times they will take into consideration what you paid for it, and then say ok, well now its only worth this much.

But don't let it get you down.

C.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Very sound, Mike

Ouch! Sorry to hear the bad news Dixit Hopefully you'll find the culprit and give this whole thing some justice.

Incidentally enough i woke up this morning to a nightmare that someone broke into my max.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:52 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by soundmike
Ouch! Sorry to hear the bad news Dixit Hopefully you'll find the culprit and give this whole thing some justice.

Incidentally enough i woke up this morning to a nightmare that someone broke into my max.
I've had that nightmare before. What's wrong with us??
Old 09-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Very sound, Mike

Originally posted by Tanman
I've had that nightmare before. What's wrong with us??
Too much love and respect for our rides.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:59 AM

Too much love and respect for our rides.
Or paranoia .
Old 09-29-2002, 11:08 AM

Thanks for all the support and replies. I will try to answer everyone questions.

TimW, I did not take off the faces, I just never got into that habbit, and on top of that the TV one doesnt have a face, just a small little button bar that comes off. And the DVD player did have a full face. I got a feeling they wouldve still taken it.

And yes I do know that my car attracts alot of attention. Maybe time to go sleeper, but hard to do that when you got 19" Chrome Wheels. And I had the car tinted ALL THE WAY AROUND. You CANNOT see the TVs on the headrests. The windshield being tinted makes it even harder to even see inside. And I do not turn those rear headrests on at all, until someone is sitting back there and they turn it on.

And yes I agree with SprintMax 100%, no real thief takes the freagin wires. Im serious, this bastard took the wires that went ALL THE WAY across the freagin dash and into the console. Bastards cut my TV tuner antenna wires which had these 4 headphone jacks to them, now I have to REPLACE the whole fuggin unit just for those jacks, I could re-solder some to it, but dont know about that for the best reception.

Been thinking very hard for the past 8hrs, dont think I will be putting a Audio Video system back in anytime soon, until I get a house. And I still got to get the dealer/shop to buy a whole dash bracket assembly. And also I know what I am going to do if I do go to the Audio/Video install again, those 4 screws that hold the dash bracket, Im gonna use those tamper proof bolts like TimW was selling for the HIDs.

Yeah and the cop told me he was suprised they did not steal the AirBags and the HIDs while they were at it.

And yes I never bragged about it but yes this interior of this car was tight as hell, not it is litterally like "HELL".

And this might sound stupid, But I dreamed about this crap last night and it was all about how this time I saw these fools stealing the shiet, and I call the cops on them and they came and took them down while they were doing it. Amazing how you dream about what coulda shoulda woulda.

Dixit
Old 09-29-2002, 11:11 AM

Dixit,

I am sorry to hear about the theft of your audio/video equipment. I am the victim of theft also. Rather, the homes I used to live in were broken into and several $1000s in jewelry were stolen. I have since learned my lesson. If your car is not a rolling safe, you may need to be careful with your next setup. Good luck with fixing up the aftermath.

Jon M.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:26 AM
Administrator

thats some wierd ****.. i woke up this morning having a nightmare that i went to start my car and the rims and tires on the left side were gone.. and the lug nuts were f#cked up..

Old 09-29-2002, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax
thats some wierd ****.. i woke up this morning having a nightmare that i went to start my car and the rims and tires on the left side were gone.. and the lug nuts were f#cked up..

This is why I was so harsh on BigDogJonx in my first posts, when this kind of crap happens, it affects us all.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:34 AM
Very sound, Mike

Geez... this almost feels like we have some kinda Maxima telepathy or something.
Old 09-29-2002, 12:31 PM

Geez... this almost feels like we have some kinda Maxima telepathy or something.
crooks these days don't only break into cars with some bling bling electronics inside, they also break into FAMILY vans.... when we were on holiday in another province, some guys came in, stole everything, and i didn't even noticec until i wanted to bring my stuff to go into the hotel....I was like where the hell is my damn back back.....anyways, they stole my dad's lap top (and accessories), my minidisc, and all this other stuff that was stolen, and there was a total of 4000 bucks worth of equipment stolen from just our family...the other family had about 2000 bucks worth of stuff...it was maybe because we had a license plate from a different provincec or something.....but it felt like it was some guy, came in, ripped out my heart, and sold it on the black market....

grrr.....i think when you find these guys, we should tie em up to a wall, and have every one of us orgers give him one big kick in the ***....
Old 09-29-2002, 01:16 PM

That's rough dude...I always used to think your max was one of the coolest ones out there. Good luck with the rebuild.
Old 09-29-2002, 01:18 PM
92 SE-R 02 SE

wow, all i can say it that sucks. Anyone who messes with a mans ride should have his ball cutoff. I cant believe what i am seeing in these pictures. How much time to you think these guys spent on taking all that stuff out? Seems like they had to be there for a while to take all of it out.

I think this is where the web hurts us. Guys spend $$ on their car, put up pics for all to see, and then **** gets stolen. I wont ever do a web page with pics, becuase I dont want my **** to get stolen. Man, this sucks, i hate seening **** like this. I hope you find the F*ckers and beat the living s*it out of them...

Old 09-29-2002, 02:09 PM
VQ Wizard

Dixit,

Sorry to hear about that. It would be nice if you get to see justice served and have your belongings returned to you. I know you're very upset but try to look at it as only that, missing belongings and nothing worse.

For those of you who did this,

I hope you read this thread because I want you to think about something. There WILL be a time when you have to answer for what you did. There won't be any escape, and you'll wish with all your heart that you hadn't done it. You may read this and laugh at it now and think you got him pretty good. But it's going to cost you dearly when the time comes.
Just put that deep into your thoughts and remember it the next time you go to steal from someone. You're not going to live as a mortal forever and livinga careless life such as that can easily shorten the time you spend here.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:23 PM

sorry man. we all feel for you. I'm with everyone in hoping you find this basta_ and let everyone know so we can all kick his a$$
Old 09-29-2002, 02:44 PM

Geez...I'm really sorry to hear about this Dixit. I had a friend have his 95-96 accord stolen over the summer, and he lost quite a bit of money on it too. They took such wierd things from his car though, one was the battery, and it wasn't even an Optima. But nonetheless things were taken. I hope that you can at least recover some of the costs from this incident and that the bad guys will get caught somehow. I know you said that it wasn't covered under your insurance, but look at the bright side...everything is replaceable and I'm just glad that no one got hurt.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Thanks for all the support and replies. I will try to answer everyone questions.

TimW, I did not take off the faces, I just never got into that habbit, and on top of that the TV one doesnt have a face, just a small little button bar that comes off. And the DVD player did have a full face. I got a feeling they wouldve still taken it.

And yes I do know that my car attracts alot of attention. Maybe time to go sleeper, but hard to do that when you got 19" Chrome Wheels. And I had the car tinted ALL THE WAY AROUND. You CANNOT see the TVs on the headrests. The windshield being tinted makes it even harder to even see inside. And I do not turn those rear headrests on at all, until someone is sitting back there and they turn it on.

And yes I agree with SprintMax 100%, no real thief takes the freagin wires. Im serious, this bastard took the wires that went ALL THE WAY across the freagin dash and into the console. Bastards cut my TV tuner antenna wires which had these 4 headphone jacks to them, now I have to REPLACE the whole fuggin unit just for those jacks, I could re-solder some to it, but dont know about that for the best reception.

Been thinking very hard for the past 8hrs, dont think I will be putting a Audio Video system back in anytime soon, until I get a house. And I still got to get the dealer/shop to buy a whole dash bracket assembly. And also I know what I am going to do if I do go to the Audio/Video install again, those 4 screws that hold the dash bracket, Im gonna use those tamper proof bolts like TimW was selling for the HIDs.

Yeah and the cop told me he was suprised they did not steal the AirBags and the HIDs while they were at it.

And yes I never bragged about it but yes this interior of this car was tight as hell, not it is litterally like "HELL".

And this might sound stupid, But I dreamed about this crap last night and it was all about how this time I saw these fools stealing the shiet, and I call the cops on them and they came and took them down while they were doing it. Amazing how you dream about what coulda shoulda woulda.

Dixit
They're stealin' HIDs in Maryland???
Old 09-29-2002, 02:59 PM

I read a couple pages of this thread and wanted to express my apologies to you. You had one sweet setup. It's unfortunate about your insurance coverage because when my car got broken into USAA covered everything "permanantly" affixed to the car. Hopefully with all the documentation with pictures they can help you out. I also believe that someone must have had previous knowledge of your car, because it is too hard to make that much noise and not raise an eyebrow. Most strips like that get flatbedded to a safer location. Good luck finding these punks.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally posted by xtantmaxima
I read a couple pages of this thread and wanted to express my apologies to you. You had one sweet setup. It's unfortunate about your insurance coverage because when my car got broken into USAA covered everything "permanantly" affixed to the car. Hopefully with all the documentation with pictures they can help you out. I also believe that someone must have had previous knowledge of your car, because it is too hard to make that much noise and not raise an eyebrow. Most strips like that get flatbedded to a safer location. Good luck finding these punks.
Well at least they didn't steal it take it to a different location rip everything out and drive it back and set it on fire. I had that happen to me.

Quick Reply: Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged