5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 04:21 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Trust nobody.

This board is filled with some of the nicest maximas in the country and most of what has been done to them is documented throughly. I think it would be very easy for someone to come into a site like this, start posting,going to meets and before you know it is covertly targeting select cars. Of course someone knew that car before they even got into it, nobody sees a car with stickers and can automatically assume there is $5000 worth of audio/video in it.

I dont want to make it seem as though i think BigDog was being carless with what he said and showed but people get so cought up in the orgy that they forget there are still bad apples in the bunch. This is an open forum, 99% of the time you have no idea who you are talking to and what they are really about.

There is a good chance if it is an inside job you can figure out who might have done it and i wish you the best of luck...
Old 09-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

hey dude,

man i feel for ya bro. 2 of my best friends had their stereos stolen and lost thousands in equipment. i always feel sick when i see what these scum can do to a mans car. i have no respect for people who steal and it makes me sick to hear about anyone getting stolen from. good luck catching the scum who jacked ur stuff.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:06 PM

HOLY COW!!!!
I never knew you had all those stuff in your car!!!
Daymn.....5k stolen... your car was hot as hell when I saw the outsside at hooters..
Man.. I hope you find those lil bastards and teach them a damn lesson.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:10 PM

Re: Re: I find it interesting

Originally posted by ChillWill2000

Reasons pointing to an inside job.
1) No one in their right mind would jack from a car that is parked right near cop cars. The person had to of known they live in the complex and are not to be worried over.

2) They took everything including the wires and install stuff. Most thieves would of just broke the winow, grabbed the indash tv, maybe an amp , speakerbox, but not sit there and strip evertyhing they wanted.

3) They knew the exact time BigDog wouldnt catch them.

4) How did they know the keys in your car were to your brothers car a couple cars over???

It seems to me like someone who knows or knows of you and your brothers cars, planned to jack you at the best possible time.
Dude sorry to hear about your losses. But I guess there is a lesson to be learned about flahshing your shiet all over the place. I learned this when I had a car broken into and YES people steal amps. It all depends on how accessable it is to take. My experience was because I would pull into my parking lot with the bass up REAL loud. It didn't take too long for people to notice what car it was coming from. In my neighborhood, I know from what cars come and go-who have the stereo's and who don't. Its not a science.

Is this an inside job?

Sprint you can be stolen from 1000 times and never be any better at forensics than those who are being jacked for the first time.

I'm sure this was something done by someone that knew something about your car. It has been commented on before by the police and local TV that theives are begining to case cars by their websites and affiliations. I'm just as guilty as many people are to overly advertising what toys are in my car.

Dixit-I'll keep an eye out, you might want to cruise by some of the swap meets in the PG county area in the next few weeks. I used to live near you and thats wear I found my stuff.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:19 PM

This sucks!

Dixit,

Let me know if there is anything I can do while you cope with this. I know you are tired of hearing sorry, so just let me know if I can do something. HOLLA!
Old 09-29-2002, 05:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm really sorry to hear what happened Dixit
Old 09-29-2002, 05:23 PM

I have nothing else to add to the conversation except my most sincere sympathy. This kind of s**t is always wrong but the closer you get to thinking that it was likely someone that you thought was a fellow enthusiest or even a neighbor or "friend" the worse it gets. Add my name to the a** kicking list...
Old 09-29-2002, 05:26 PM

I say the DC crew rolls up to the next couple swap meets together. About 20+ deep. We find the stuff, we will know what to do.

This whole thing ****ses me off!
Old 09-29-2002, 05:38 PM

with how much stuff they took and the way they kept it seemed like it'd have to be 2 people
Old 09-29-2002, 05:46 PM

So sorry!

I feel your pain! I know how you must be feeling. If there is anything I can do let me know. I am in the laurel area and be glad to help you out! All the hard work and money.. sheeit ****es me off just to hear about some punk crap like that..

Sorry that theres low lifes in this world!!

Mysti
Old 09-29-2002, 05:58 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about what happen dude. Car theft in any aspect is sometimes overlooked by alot of us because its one of those things we try not to think of too much, w/o living in complete total paranoia worrying every second just what could happen to our cars. It defeats the purpose of actually enjoying something we put so much time, money and effort into.

I'm not sure if they can do this, but when you filed a police report, was there anyway of having them dust for finger prints or anything? I would think not, but hey, anything's possible?

Also, check your pm's. Thought I'd give a suggestion.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:01 PM

To comment to Louie, I never came into my apt. complex with the rear TVs on or even with the bass blaring. I have learned my lesson there from other friends. I always turned it down.

Also the police officer according to my brother tried to take prints, but couldnt get anything since it was done in mist/rain. all smudged.

And yes I know the freagin stickers are not the best to have, but it looked nice and still dows. We can sit there and pin point what was wrong what I couldve changed. Coulda Woulda Shoulda. Like I tell everyone, I dont care about this anymore. At least my health is good and I was not there to get jacked up. Im not attached my car like that or material things like that.

Actually wouldve been better if they stolen the whole freagin car. PS to the FAAGs who did this, since yall had ***** of steel to jack this near a cop infested area, you aint nothing but a bunch of yellow chickens. For real ***** of steel you shouldve stolen the car and then I wouldve given you props for that

Dixit
Old 09-29-2002, 06:04 PM

Re: Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Yea you heard right. Take a good look at this picture

Thats freagin right, they stole it all. Right in front of my apartment. They took everything, they took the whole dash unit with the bracket, the master unit, tv tuner which was under the seat, took the headrests, and the amps. Front TV, DVD player, even the wires.

They tore up the driver's side seat, removed the front two bolts and BENT the seat backwards, so now I need a new seat there. Broke into the driver's side window. I just lost over $5,000 in audio/video equipment cause of some ***** decided to tax my shiet. On top of that two cops live in my apartment building with both of their cars about 5spots down from mine.

They didnt stop there, my brothers keys were in my car at the time, they took his keys and the got into my brother's car and attempted to steal the headunit, but my brother has been paranoid every since he got broken into last month at his old place and he always CLUBS the car and takes the face off the unit.

I mean I am just heartbroken and so ****ed beyond belief, and for all of those people asking about my alarm, well had the battery disconnected from when we were working on the s/c and never finished the install. So someone "eyed" this car out and I KNOW either some **** who I know or met stole this shiet. No one knew where half the stuff was installed.

Im screwed, my insurance wont pay for $5000 worth of audio cause I did not take the extra $5000 from the beginning for extra coverage.

Just to let yall know, thats all. I swear if I get my hands on them people, theres gonna be some furniture moving up in this mother. I mean they took EVERYTHING that dealt with my audio/video system besides the speakers in the doors. SON OF A HOARRRRRRRRRRR

If anyone sees PIONEER equipment like what I had being sold on eBay or on this forum or any other fashion that resembles what I had, PLEASE help a brother out.

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~suthar/car is where you can see pics of what this PRICCK did.

Dixit
OMG man, I can't believe something this major could happen!!! I mean take something but not EVERYTHING!

I feel for u!!! And if I find out anything about your equiptment, I'll help u hunt and kill since i live in MD too.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:36 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Man...... sorry this happened. I really hope you find the guys that did this.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:56 PM

Did this happen at night? Who were the last people that you dont really know that you showed your car to? Between what time and time? Maybe that can help you find some people where you could question? Just a thought.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:09 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

sorry about your loss

find those thieves and kick their ****in' a$$!
Old 09-29-2002, 08:36 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

<== also has a destroyed Maxima , during the weekend ....

missing one wheel, and possible suspension damage....
Old 09-29-2002, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
To comment to Louie, I never came into my apt. complex with the rear TVs on or even with the bass blaring. I have learned my lesson there from other friends. I always turned it down.

Also the police officer according to my brother tried to take prints, but couldnt get anything since it was done in mist/rain. all smudged.

And yes I know the freagin stickers are not the best to have, but it looked nice and still dows. We can sit there and pin point what was wrong what I couldve changed. Coulda Woulda Shoulda. Like I tell everyone, I dont care about this anymore. At least my health is good and I was not there to get jacked up. Im not attached my car like that or material things like that.

Actually wouldve been better if they stolen the whole freagin car. PS to the FAAGs who did this, since yall had ***** of steel to jack this near a cop infested area, you aint nothing but a bunch of yellow chickens. For real ***** of steel you shouldve stolen the car and then I wouldve given you props for that

Dixit
Whew, I'm glad you are smater than I was. Like I said I'll check it out if I see somethin strange.
Old 09-29-2002, 08:41 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Originally posted by kloogy
<== also has a destroyed Maxima , during the weekend ....

missing one wheel, and possible suspension damage....
oh my god, what happened????
Old 09-29-2002, 08:42 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Originally posted by maximadave

oh my god, what happened????
Call me.. .. Carlos knows..
Old 09-29-2002, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by kloogy

Call me.. .. Carlos knows..
Damn, low life peoples. Sorry about your loss. Will your insurance cover it?
Old 09-29-2002, 09:18 PM

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
Damn, low life peoples. Sorry about your loss. Will your insurance cover it?
sorry to hear about this.. and that theft insurance won't cover it, that's BS, if it's on your car and you have theft, it should be covered.

good luck, and your car was looking amazing.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:22 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Keep looking at Ebay everyday guys.. I will. These morons always list stuf on there, or on Maxima forums.. which they wont for sure this time. My loss hopefully will be covered by insurance. I just hpe I dont have major suspension damage... or frame damage...
Old 09-29-2002, 10:11 PM

can you put in the model numbers of all that pioneer stuff so i can look out for it in the 3rd gen forum and ebay?
Old 09-29-2002, 10:33 PM

AVX-P7000CD is the 7" TV unit with CDplayer
SDV-P7 is the single DIN dvd player
GEX-P7000TV is the TV tuner
AVM-P8000R is the Master Control Unit (Brains of everything)
AN-G3 is the TV antenna for the Tuner
CDX-P1270 is the 12disc CD Changer
Rockford Fosgate 800a2 Amp

And TWO AudioCinema 5.6" screens.

Them are the model numbers, i wont post the serial since that is confidential at this point.

Dixit
Old 09-29-2002, 10:37 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I bet anything this crap pops up on Ebay in the next few weeks.. look out for sellers from the east coast ! .... .. I hate this BS ! We can go to a meet, with ORG members, and you dont know who is there to scope out your whip to jack your SH!!T !
Old 09-29-2002, 11:34 PM

Re: Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged

This sucks big time... especially if it was an inside job. We'll all be on the look out for your stuff.
Old 09-30-2002, 06:23 AM

That sucks, BigDog. I'll keep my eyes open for your stuff.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:32 AM

OMG Dixit..I'd be so pi$$ed. I wouldn't know where to start. We all feel for you man. I seriously hope they find these fockers. Call your insurance company the worst they can say is no.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:13 AM

SUCKERS!!!

Man I am sorry to hear about this. So many cowards in the world. You seem to be calming down or at least getting a different perspective on the whole thing. Wish you luck with the insurance and restoring the Max back to life.

IMO - inside job.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:13 AM

D*a*m*n, Dixit!

I know you feel like !

Are there any buildings (businesses) close to you that may have had cameras that showed your parking lot in the background? If you could at least get a time or a general look at the asshats that did this, it would help. Also, it looks like they spent some time there. You might can poll some neighbors to see when they came in or left to see if thy might have seen an unfamiliar vehicle in the area cruising or parked on a side street. The stuff will turn up. I think the person(s) (and I do think it's someone that you've shown your car to) is now finding that they can't do alot with this shiat other than take it out of the area to unload it. It might show up on Ebay, but I hope you find him yourself. If it's an orger, nail his a$$ on here. I'm sure people will line up to take a shot.

Sorry Dixit, I know you've had your nuts kicked in, but be glad it wasn't from a carjacking or something where you might of been seriously injured. Really hit the ins. company hard for restitution (you might check under homeowners ins. as well).

Keep us posted.

Shaydz
Old 09-30-2002, 09:18 AM

Find the ****...

I'm so pi$$ed for you man, check the inside of your car if you can find something like hair, blood, skin, tissu or finger prints, DNA testing is a good way to catch criminal, and working with glove is not an easy task, so there might have removed them and left genetic trace of who they are. From what you said and showed it's definitely not beginners who did this, they look like an organised gang or group, who had planned this, there likely to have criminal records.

Good luck.

AA
Old 09-30-2002, 09:28 AM

Sorry to hear about what happened, Dixit.

Guys there has to be a better way to protect our cars...I am
trying to get my stuff together for the sponsorship and don't
want to end up sorry I tried to have something nice...take care
and hope it works out...odds are not on getting the stuff back
unfortunately but we can only hope for you.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:07 AM

Re: D*a*m*n, Dixit!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shaydz
[B]I know you feel like !

Are there any buildings (businesses) close to you that may have had cameras that showed your parking lot in the background?

I always wanted to do this ever since my sister's car got gaffled. Find a friend whose got a lot of expensive equipment, set up a small camara hidden somewhere and record over several nights and see what happens. And if the ***ggs are as stupid as they usually are being thieving punk-beeotches you can get them on camara and do what you will with them(preferably goin' medieval on some a$$es) Just a thought.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:15 AM

this doesn't help

sorry about your loss, but having a web-site showcasing all your audio equuipment doesn't help. And to top it off there is this photo from you web-site.

so everyone knows your car, what city you live in and your license plate number. I never understand why people do this, I mean dammmn, there are people out there that take from others for a living. Your website was just an invite. good luck..............
Old 09-30-2002, 10:53 AM

the car theft is growing in our state of MD by the day. My car was broken into in July, ***** got in thru the pass door.

BigDog man, hope the insurance will pay at least something to you. Do you have your renter's insurance policy? Because if you had a homeowners and something would get stolen from your car, homeowners would cover it. Not sure about renters insurance though. Check your email I got a few tips you may find useful.

Old 09-30-2002, 10:55 AM

Hey BigDogJonx....really sorry to hear about the recent turn of events dude! I can relate coz about a month ago my Max got broken into when I was visiting St. Louis all because my sis left her purse on the back seat. All the freakin idiots got out of it was 6 bucks! Luckily they didn't try to get my audio or the rest of the stuff in the car...I couldn't believe it coz my car was parked on Memorial Drive (which is literally steps away from the Arch) and there are people walking on the street at all times of the day. Needless to say that left me and my family stranded till the wee hours of the morning on a Sunday w/ my only help being a drunk dufus in a tow-truck that AAA sent out to help me.

Hope the cops nail the the ***** that did this to your car! I'll join other org members in looking out for any suspicious sales on ebay.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:41 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Damn, that really sucks. I feel for ya. I just had mine broken into about a month ago, but they ONLY took about $2k worth...
Old 09-30-2002, 12:13 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

You shoulda got a rider on the audio stuff, that way too much not to insure. I would love to catch someone in the act of stealing a car and smash their face in with a pipe.
Old 09-30-2002, 12:22 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

OMFG!!!!!

I'm sincerely sorry Dixit and your DEFINITELY looking at this situation the right way by NOT getting too upset and looking at the bright side of things like your health and life. My .02.

1)It's DEFINITELY NOT a maxima.org member or the HIDs would have been ganked. Anyone who saw the video display/DVD headunit and has enough time would have investigated further and found the brain/amps/headrests eventually. These guys had no fear and tons of time.

2)This has to be someone who followed you home, has seen your car at a meet, or is from your apartments/area and has cased your ride. I've heard of guys casing a ride just for the rims, so it's not uncommon.

3)They had to have been seen by someone. You should post REWARD for information signs and ask everyone in your apartments if they saw anything suspicious. I know and anyone knows that if you live in an apartment complex EVERYONE is up in you businass, so MOST LIKELY someone saw something. YOU MUST QUESTION EVERYONE! All you need is some type of suspicious parked vehicle or something for a lead. You never know what it could lead to.

4)PROTECT YOUR CAR FROM ANOTHER HIT!!!!! These guys missed the rims and THEY WILL BE BACK! I guarantee you these guys think they got away with murder and will be coming back once things cool off for YOUR RIMS and by then even the HIDs. I'm not trying to give you grief, but you need to do something or your car will be hit again. Ask SprintMax, he's seen repeat crooks. Crooks are like mosquitos, once they get a taste of blood, they'll keep coming back for more.

5)By the way they unbolted the two front bolts and bent the seat back, these guys are PROs NOT just some d!ckheads who saw some nice rims and purdy stickers and decided to look for an A/V system.

6)Thank your LUCKY stars you got wheel locks, because any wheel thief knows, these can be easily defeated. This must have been an AFTERTHOUGHT and NOT their primary target or else they would have taken them also.

This story reminds me of the RX7 board story of a guy who ripped off another member by using his good nature against him, but doesn't quite match since the HIDs were NOT messed with.

Again I'm VERY VERY sorry for your unfortune and your handling this VERY admirably.

Quick Reply: Car broken into, EVERYTHING Stolen and damaged