5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Berk Midpipe Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 08:52 AM

Berk Midpipe Kit

Has anyone got a MAF adaptor included with the Berk midpipe kit. I'm not sure if it was supposed to include it but i figured it would cause i was told it would include everything needed.

If noone got it is there a way to complete the install in a proper way (without rigging it) without having to use the MAF adaptor. It didnt come with instructions or any type of parts list so i'm not sure whether it should have been there of if there is a way.

Ive emailed Bryan about whether it should include it but ill give a few days to answer back.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2002, 11:32 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

i dont have a berk midpipe but if it installs the same as a frankencar (i assume it would), then you dont need a maf adaptor. that is only for attaching a cone filter to the tubing. im not sure if the midpipe works with stock box in place. all you need with the midpipe are the pipe and whatever type of rubber connectors and clamps.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:44 AM

You use your existing MAF. The Berk Unit attaches to your existing MAF.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:31 PM

oh ok. thanks for the info when i was looking at all the instructions it seemed that you needed a MAF Adaptor for any installation type. ill try it out and let you know.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2002, 01:19 PM

Ive been looking at the frankencar kit which at least install-wise seems to be the same as the berk. I bought the whole kit including the midpipe, filter and everything. Currently i have stock everything regarding air box etc. So i understand that i dont need an adaptor to attach the midpipe but at looking at the frankencar instructions (since the berk doesnt come with any) it still shows that you need a flange/adaptor to install the cone which is what im talking about.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:39 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Ive been looking at the frankencar kit which at least install-wise seems to be the same as the berk. I bought the whole kit including the midpipe, filter and everything. Currently i have stock everything regarding air box etc. So i understand that i dont need an adaptor to attach the midpipe but at looking at the frankencar instructions (since the berk doesnt come with any) it still shows that you need a flange/adaptor to install the cone which is what im talking about.
if you are installing the filter then you will need the maf adapter whether you have the pipe or not. the piece the adaptor attaches to is used whether replacing the piping or not. it backs up to the tubing on the maf and sticks out so the filter can slide on. if you bought the whole thing, it should have been in there.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:47 PM

Ok....thats what ive been trying to check. Ill have to see if i can get a hold of Bryan.

If anyone from berk is reading this can you email me to let me know.
Old 10-14-2002, 09:50 PM

does anyone have a pic of a hybrid Berk intake? I just dont see there is any room for extension.