5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 07:13 AM

Plus imagine the Karmic debt that you have incurred and surely will will pay back. And I don't care if you believe in it or not..it will still come to pass!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:18 AM

Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Originally posted by 2003MaximaSE_TE
...Was going about 60 MPH when this kid in a brand new Mustang pulls up and stares me down. Now as he does this I glance in my review mirror and see a state trooper sitting in the corner under a bridge we just passed and he pulled out into traffic with no lights. Now, granted, this all happened very fast. The kid looks at me and points a head as if to say "Lets go!" I nod my head and he guns it.
Folks, does reading comprehenshion mean anything? All the blighters on this thread are missing the point. 2003MaximaSE_TE did not provoke this kid. Observe:

Who pulled up to him? The kid in the Mustang.
Who stared him down? The kid in the Mustang.
Who indicated (with pointing ahead) that they wanted to race? Are we seeing a pattern here? The kid in the Mustang.

All our boy did was nod his head. That can mean a lot of different things. And he said this all happened pretty quickly.

Was it really his fault that this dumb kid with a V-8 was driving like a tool?

NO!

Personally, I don't feel obligated to flag down every guy I make eye-contact with on the freeway to warn him of potential speed traps. That's the other guy's problem. What exactly did 2003MaximaSE_TE do wrong again? A couple of you guys need to chill out and re-read SLOWLY what our boy wrote.

Funny as hell, though.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:31 AM

Again...

Originally posted by hollywood7301

Folks, does reading comprehenshion mean anything? All the blighters on this thread are missing the point. 2003MaximaSE_TE did not provoke this kid. Observe:

Who indicated (with pointing ahead) that they wanted to race? Are we seeing a pattern here? The kid in the Mustang.

All our boy did was nod his head. That can mean a lot of different things. And he said this all happened pretty quickly.

Was it really his fault that this dumb kid with a V-8 was driving like a tool?

NO!

Personally, I don't feel obligated to flag down every guy I make eye-contact with on the freeway to warn him of potential speed traps. That's the other guy's problem. What exactly did 2003MaximaSE_TE do wrong again? A couple of you guys need to chill out and re-read SLOWLY what our boy wrote.

Funny as hell, though.

Thxs, I found it amusing as well. I do make an attempt to notify drivers of police. EVeryone in this state knows when you see a driver a head of you tapping his break lights repeatedly it means slow down LE a head. THe point was he wanted to take on the world and failed to realize that the world is a bit bigger and has corners you need to look around.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:33 AM

Re: That is the point I am trying to make...

It is good to know some can read. And for the record I am 26.
So you're going to try to convince me that Mustang Kid would have gone ahead on up to 9x mph without your encouragement? Think again.

And, people, be careful about who you call out regarding reading. Here's the copied/pasted line from the originating post that provides admission of complicity here. Boldfaced to simplify the task of comprehension. Read it a couple of extra times if that's what's required.

The kid looks at me and points a head as if to say "Lets go!" I nod my head and he guns it.
FWIW, '03, I did check your profile before posting my previous reply, hence the "less youthful" wording. That makes you younger than my baby daughter though. Life still holds many lessons in store for you.

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 08:00 AM

good kill!!
Old 10-15-2002, 08:07 AM

Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Folks, does reading comprehenshion mean anything?
It means you don't get to intentionally interpret the one 'smoking gun' line in a vague manner while being explicit with all the other items. Read this again, for comprehension.

All the blighters on this thread are missing the point. 2003MaximaSE_TE did not provoke this kid.
Disagree. Keep reading.

Observe:

So far, so good. All the kid's doing so far, [edit]as long as these things are taken to have only one meaning[/edit].

All our boy did was nod his head. That can mean a lot of different things.
Under other circumstances, maybe. But not when an obvious [edit]or apparent[/edit] challenge has been issued [edit]and its meaning clearly understood by the person challenged[/edit].

And he said this all happened pretty quickly.
No problem with the timespan during the event. More with the gloating that's been posted since.

[quote]Was it really his fault that this dumb kid with a V-8 was driving like a tool?

NO![quote]
No argument here either. But it's not justification for doing anything other than facing back to the road in front and ignoring him.

Personally, I don't feel obligated to flag down every guy I make eye-contact with on the freeway to warn him of potential speed traps. That's the other guy's problem.
I don't normally take it upon myself to warn everybody else either, though I will make exceptions. What I won't do is intentionally encourage [edit]or trick[/edit] others others into getting caught.

What exactly did 2003MaximaSE_TE do wrong again? A couple of you guys need to chill out and re-read SLOWLY what our boy wrote.
Legally speaking, probably nothing, at least nothing easily proveable. But from an ethical point of view it's at best questionable behavior.

Funny as hell, though.
Whatever . . .

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by maxxximus
... Would I race someone in a Mustang who rolled up on a helpless 4dr sedan cruising on the empty highway looking for a "kill" story. Hell yes I would.

Incidentally the last car I owned was Cobra Mustang... I am 25
Helpless 4 dr sedan ?????

Mustang:
V6
190 hp @ 5250 rpm
220 ft-lbs. @ 2750 rpm

V8
260 hp @ 5250 rpm
302 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm

Maxima:
255 hp @ 5800 rpm
246 ft-lbs. @ 4400 rpm

I think unless the kid had a V8 the Mustang was the one who was helpless Not to mention American cars handle like fat girls on mopeds (taken from my last car = 1997 Pontiac T/A Ram Air) For the record, I'm 30 and still believe in a good old race when the conditions are safe. I also believe in karma. Lord knows I've been paid back a few times.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:23 AM

Notice of late edits to the post at the top of this page.

Maybe AOL doesn't like my stand on this either (and booted me offline). Too bad.

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 09:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: That is the point I am trying to make...

Originally posted by Norm Peterson

So you're going to try to convince me that Mustang Kid would have gone ahead on up to 9x mph without your encouragement? Think again.

And, people, be careful about who you call out regarding reading. Here's the copied/pasted line from the originating post that provides admission of complicity here. Boldfaced to simplify the task of comprehension. Read it a couple of extra times if that's what's required.

FWIW, '03, I did check your profile before posting my previous reply, hence the "less youthful" wording. That makes you younger than my baby daughter though. Life still holds many lessons in store for you.

Norm
Come on Norm, you're telling me that if SE_TE had shaked his head "no", the kid still wouldn't have peeled out just to leave him in his dust? If he had shaken his head, the kid would have laughed and "showed him why he's lucky he declined to race". Either way, the kid asked for it. Karma got him, that'll teach him to endanger lives.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:43 AM

On a related note:

When I see a speed trap facing oncoming traffic I will always (at least in daytime) give short flashes of my hibeams to warn oncoming traffic of the driving tax trap.

I will do this for a good mile or so.

I expect the same courtesy from oncoming traffic and often get it, when I didnt get it, I usually chalked it up to ignorance of driving ettiqutte or laziness, never did I dream PPL would set-up others out of spite.

Fred...

PS: I am 35
Old 10-15-2002, 09:46 AM

Originally posted by spta97

Helpless 4 dr sedan ?????

Mustang:
V6
190 hp @ 5250 rpm
220 ft-lbs. @ 2750 rpm

V8
260 hp @ 5250 rpm
302 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm

Maxima:
255 hp @ 5800 rpm
246 ft-lbs. @ 4400 rpm

I think unless the kid had a V8 the Mustang was the one who was helpless Not to mention American cars handle like fat girls on mopeds (taken from my last car = 1997 Pontiac T/A Ram Air) For the record, I'm 30 and still believe in a good old race when the conditions are safe. I also believe in karma. Lord knows I've been paid back a few times.
True, but the kid probably doesn't know what he's up against. All he sees is a 4-door family sedan with a young guy in it (SE_TE is 26) and wants to show off. Again, he got what he deserved.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:14 AM

Devil's Advocate.

Let's just say the kid did roll up.
Let's just say the kid did want to race.
Let's just say 2003MaximaSE_TE did nod for the race.

Let's just say the kid takes off and goes speeding down the road.

Since 2003MaximaSE_TE didn't take off, the kid should've realized this, and slowed down because there obviously wasn't a race happening.

Let's just say this kid didn't totally asses the situtation, and that there is nothing wrong with what 2003MaximaSE_TE did.

We are each our own separate drivers, in our own cars. We cannot blame others for our own negligence.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:22 AM

Re: Re: Re: That is the point I am trying to make...

Originally posted by Tanman

Come on Norm, you're telling me that if SE_TE had shaked his head "no", the kid still wouldn't have peeled out just to leave him in his dust? If he had shaken his head, the kid would have laughed and "showed him why he's lucky he declined to race". Either way, the kid asked for it. Karma got him, that'll teach him to endanger lives.
Shaking his head "no" or jerking his thumb over his shoulder would have been more appropriate. If the kid then insisted on his demonstration, the consequences would have been entirely his own fault. In spite of our Max driver's motions rather than in any way because of them. This thread could have taken the direction "Dumb kid. I tried to tell him, but he just wouldn't listen". And I'm sure that the kid would have picked up on this at his roadside interview with law enforcement.

This story (stories?) aren't about kills. Just about somebody being unreasonably happy that some novice driver got busted.

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 10:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: That is the point I am trying to make...

Shaking his head "no" or jerking his thumb over his shoulder would have been more appropriate.
AMEN!

Fred..
Old 10-15-2002, 10:29 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: That is the point I am trying to make...

Shaking his head "no" or jerking his thumb over his shoulder would have been more appropriate. If the kid then insisted on his demonstration, the consequences would have been entirely his own fault. In spite of our Max driver's motions rather than in any way because of them. This thread could have taken the direction "Dumb kid. I tried to tell him, but he just wouldn't listen". And I'm sure that the kid would have picked up on this at his roadside interview with law enforcement.

This story (stories?) aren't about kills. Just about somebody being unreasonably happy that some novice driver got busted.

Norm
I concede your point about giving a warning rather than provoking the kid, but SE_TE did say that it all happened very fast. If he had given the thumb warning, the kid might have mistaken it for a thumbs up .
Old 10-15-2002, 10:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: That is the point I am trying to make...

Originally posted by Tanman

I concede your point about giving a warning rather than provoking the kid, but SE_TE did say that it all happened very fast. If he had given the thumb warning, the kid might have mistaken it for a thumbs up .
So the clear head shake wins out as a means of declining. I'm fine with that, particularly at dusk/dawn/night.

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 11:13 AM

Re: Devil's Advocate.

Originally posted by 2002Maxxxima
Let's just say the kid did roll up.
Let's just say the kid did want to race.
Let's just say 2003MaximaSE_TE did nod for the race.

Let's just say the kid takes off and goes speeding down the road.
OK, we'll take those as givens . . .

Since 2003MaximaSE_TE didn't take off, the kid should've realized this, and slowed down because there obviously wasn't a race happening.
Trouble is, that's not the only likely interpretation from the kid's point of view. He could be congratulating himself for pulling such a holeshot. True, he should then quit, as what "needed demonstration" was over, but . . .

Let's just say this kid didn't totally asses the situtation,
We're in full agreement here . . .

and that there is nothing wrong with what 2003MaximaSE_TE did.
but not here . . .

We are each our own separate drivers, in our own cars. We cannot blame others for our own negligence.
though this is ultimately true, the concept of "contributory blame" remains.

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 11:14 AM

Sorry, should have made it more clear...
I meant helpless looking 4dr sedan - my bad on that one...
The typical view of a pony car driver (Mustang,Camaro,Firebird) is that of proving the power you have control (or lack thereof) of everytime you get the chance. I would theroize that the younger one is, the harder you are going to look for those to prove it to...

Keep in mind that I traded my Mustang for a Maxima - obviously I believe in the potential and haven't seen anything to prove me wrong yet. Not looking to start a huge fight over this in the midst of heated debate...perhaps some of us will have to agree to disagree?
Old 10-15-2002, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by maxxximus
Sorry, should have made it more clear...
I meant helpless looking 4dr sedan - my bad on that one...
The typical view of a pony car driver (Mustang,Camaro,Firebird) is that of proving the power you have control (or lack thereof) of everytime you get the chance. I would theroize that the younger one is, the harder you are going to look for those to prove it to...
Gotcha on the "helpless looking" thing. I prefer mine that way actually. And it's probably true about the age thing. Something about not having the benefit of long-term experience anticipating the possibilities that exist. I've quit looking for victims (Since I'm not quite 55, my wife certainly hopes so), though I'm apt to rise to a challenge for a gear or two. Or better yet, an on-ramp lead-follow.

Keep in mind that I traded my Mustang for a Maxima - obviously I believe in the potential and haven't seen anything to prove me wrong yet. Not looking to start a huge fight over this in the midst of heated debate...perhaps some of us will have to agree to disagree?
This thread heated? Not really. Spirited, maybe. For "heated", you could poke around at the corral (www.corral.net , umm, it's a Mustang site), and there's at least one other automotive site where the discussions can get hotter still (bring firesuit).

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 11:59 AM

Re: Re: Devil's Advocate.

Norm, Norm, Norm, I am finding your rather lengthy replies and excessive use of "quotes" quite amusing. You've definetly gone out of your way to make this thread somewhat interesting....

I am surprised you didn't respond to a post about a race I had where the outcome wasn't so pretty...http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ht=Lexus+ES300
Old 10-15-2002, 12:01 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by spta97

Not to mention American cars handle like fat girls on mopeds
LMAO....I don't normally make it past the second page of a 4 page thread, as it evolves into a bunch of bickering, but this line made it worth it.

I will get SO much mieage out of that.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:38 PM
It's chrome alright...

I'm in the "never flash oncoming cars/think this is funny/disagree with palmer" camp. This kid should have looked around before entering 'race mode.' It's not 2003MaximaSE_TE's fault this kid got caught.

I also find a lot of hypocracy here... some of you thought it was funny when one of us (max owner) was racing on the highway and his radar detector went off but he waited to slam on the brakes until just before he came over the hill and the other kid got pulled over. I forgot the details (and I'm not searching for it) but the driver knew there was a cop and waited, baiting the other kid into a ticket.

I bet a lot of the haters would have a different opinion if it was a riced-out Honda with LED washers and a fart can muffler.

2003MaximaSE_TE, good kill... he raced, he pays the consequences.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:12 PM

Thanks for injecting common sense Norm!

Fred...
Old 10-15-2002, 01:13 PM

The kid went over speed limit, that's why he got pulled over. If he's old enough to be driving, he's old enough to take on the consequences of his own action.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
I'm in the "never flash oncoming cars/think this is funny/disagree with palmer" camp. This kid should have looked around before entering 'race mode.' It's not 2003MaximaSE_TE's fault this kid got caught.

I also find a lot of hypocracy here... some of you thought it was funny when one of us (max owner) was racing on the highway and his radar detector went off but he waited to slam on the brakes until just before he came over the hill and the other kid got pulled over. I forgot the details (and I'm not searching for it) but the driver knew there was a cop and waited, baiting the other kid into a ticket.

I bet a lot of the haters would have a different opinion if it was a riced-out Honda with LED washers and a fart can muffler.

Thank you....And BTW LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE!!
Old 10-15-2002, 02:04 PM

You gotta wonder if the driver of the car in your sig has ever been pulled for it.

Shaydz
Old 10-15-2002, 02:10 PM
It's chrome alright...

Only when she pulls on Maximas, nods to them, and makes a high-speed run in front of cops.

Originally posted by Shaydz

You gotta wonder if the driver of the car in your sig has ever been pulled for it.

Shaydz
Old 10-15-2002, 02:19 PM

Ya got me on the spelling Norm. My ex-English teacher mother would be ashamed.

You know, this reminds me of a time I watched a fine example of red-neckiness spin his P.O.S. Monte Carlo SS around in an old asphalt parking lot. You know, lots of loose gravel.

Throwing gravel all over the cars, and basically driving like an idiot. As he cruised by me, he smiled and waved. I grinned.

Why? 'Cause I figured that cop that was around the corner that he couldn't see would pull him over for (I waited for it...) the big long smokey burnout he did as he left the lot.

I could have warned him, but didn't.

Sort of a similar situation here.

Our boy nodded. Yes, there is room for interpretation. A nod could have meant "Yup...you're an idiot," or "Yes, you are pointing your fingers forward." And so what if he fooled him.

We were all teenagers once (some of us longer ago that others... ) and Lord knows I made my share of boneheaded moves back then.

And "contributory blame" is about as useful as oh, say..."forced attrition". The cop's not gonna ticket our boy just because the kid in the 'stang would say "he was gonna race me, officer."

Meh.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Devil's Advocate.

Originally posted by 2002Maxxxima
Norm, Norm, Norm, I am finding your rather lengthy replies and excessive use of "quotes" quite amusing. You've definetly gone out of your way to make this thread somewhat interesting....
Best way I can think of to make sure that my replies and the train of thought behind them aren't misconstrued. Typically several posts intervene, so it's to everyone's benefit. Including mine.

I am surprised you didn't respond to a post about a race I had where the outcome wasn't so pretty...http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ht=Lexus+ES300
Must have missed that one. Actually, I usually stick to the tech items, particularly the tire and suspension related ones. So my foray into what would be a "lounge" topic on any of several other bb's is actually something of an exception. Something must have caught my eye on this one, I guess.

Norm
(edited to correct a spelling error, wonder if anybody caught it)
(or the second one)
Old 10-15-2002, 02:41 PM

. . . This kid should have looked around before entering 'race mode.'
I've never disagreed with this . . .

It's not 2003MaximaSE_TE's fault this kid got caught.
Entirely? No. Partly? Imagine yourself in the kid's car and decide if the head nod wasn't the final "trigger".

Didn't see the other threads, so I'll withhold comment.

Except to say that the make [edit]and direction of mods/customization[/edit] of the other guy's car make zero difference (to me, anyway). Then again, I also post on a Honda board from time to time . . .

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 03:25 PM

Only when she pulls on Maximas, nods to them, and makes a high-speed run in front of cops.

very nice...
Old 10-15-2002, 03:28 PM
Sanduguero

I think this was entrapment, now 2003MaximaSE_TE i think you are old enough to stop playing games like that expecially with a kid that just got his first car! or license.... i think you are hating on the kid put yourself in his position when you were younger! you are an ******** straight up! no ashame here! if i was the kid i will just hunt your car and **** it up!

Old 10-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Sanduguero

hater!
Old 10-15-2002, 03:46 PM

You know, this reminds me of a time I watched a fine example of red-neckiness spin his P.O.S. Monte Carlo SS around in an old asphalt parking lot. You know, lots of loose gravel.

Throwing gravel all over the cars, and basically driving like an idiot. As he cruised by me, he smiled and waved. I grinned.

Why? 'Cause I figured that cop that was around the corner that he couldn't see would pull him over for (I waited for it...) the big long smokey burnout he did as he left the lot.

I could have warned him, but didn't.

Sort of a similar situation here.

I think it's a very differnt situation here friend, you describe a case were a guy was making a complete a$$hole out of himself damaging other PPL property.

That was not the case in the story that started this thread. all that was issued was a freindly challenge.

I know hiway 100 well, I lived in MN for years.
Almost all areas the road is smooth, and pretty straight, we know traffic was light, otherise the racing challenge wouldnt have happend.

Visiblilty on Hiway 100 tends to good most everyhwere too.

No personal attack occured just a friendly challenge,which was accepted.
but the real reason is, one guy didnt like the other guys ride/age and set him up.

Now the second story is even worse in some ways the victim in story two was entrapped even worse.

They are both a symptom for the general and severe decline of our american driving culture and the courtesy (or lack thereof) american drivers afford each other.

40 years ago stories such as those, would have been unthinkable.
I believe regardless of teh age or ride of a person on should still afford cooperation and courtesy among drivers.

That's why i even give SUV drivers a break when needed, even tho i hate those contraptions, and tend not to relate to their drivers either.

Fred..
Old 10-15-2002, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by palmerwmd

I think it's a very differnt situation here friend, you describe a case were a guy was making a complete a$$hole out of himself damaging other PPL property.

That was not the case in the story that started this thread. all that was issued was a freindly challenge.

I know hiway 100 well, I lived in MN for years.
Almost all areas the road is smooth, and pretty straight, we know traffic was light, otherise the racing challenge wouldnt have happend.

Visiblilty on Hiway 100 tends to good most everyhwere too.

No personal attack occured just a friendly challenge,which was accepted.
but the real reason is, one guy didnt like the other guys ride/age and set him up.

Now the second story is even worse in some ways the victim in story two was entrapped even worse.

They are both a symptom for the general and severe decline of our american driving culture and the courtesy (or lack thereof) american drivers afford each other.

40 years ago stories such as those, would have been unthinkable.
I believe regardless of teh age or ride of a person on should still afford cooperation and courtesy among drivers.

That's why i even give SUV drivers a break when needed, even tho i hate those contraptions, and tend not to relate to their drivers either.

Fred..
AMEN Fred!!!

What's next for us? Driving slowly in the left lane when someone is going 56 MPH behind us? Not using turn signals when changing lanes? Speeding up when people want to pass?

Taking pleasure in the misfortune of another because someone has a muscle car at 16 IS teaching a lesson....that I'm sure he will pass along to the other drivers on the road with his worsened ettiqutte.

Take me for example. I had one jerk speed up to 90 MPH (from like 30) when I tried to pass him (I had an emergency). Not racing, just not letting me pass. He would slow down as I did and endangered my well being by keeping me in on coming traffic (in a passing zone). Well, it wasn't too much fun for him having my car screech to zero from 120 MPH after I finally got ahead. I'm always curtious to other people if they deserve it. F*** with me and I'm your worst nightmare.

Spread the love..not the hate
Old 10-15-2002, 05:30 PM

The kid in the story must be your son Norm. I see a higher premium in your future. J/K
Old 10-15-2002, 05:32 PM

03TE whatever your name is,

Don't act like i am stupid little kid, i bought my own maxima with my own cash, and i think i am not a retard but a young professional, who also have seen and been through lots of things in my life to justify my comments.. BTW, i am 25 years old..

Being that i used to be a dumb *** when i was a kid speeding on the highway (i got pulled over in canada at 200km/h but the cop let me off).. I learned a big lesson. Young teenagers are not mature enough to have licenses and us older guys should watch out and teach them in a better manner. I rather have an older guy tell me their experiences and the outcome of what can happen to you when you do this and than, as opposed to being laughed at for a stupid mistake..

I do not condone street racing and think it is very dangerous, however i see no problems with small bursts up to the speed limit ...

I have gone to the track for the first time, and i tell you street racing is nothing like track racing.

But don't you ever call me a retard because maybe you just don't know. I used to know people when i was younger (and stupid) that would follow you home and mess you up, if you so much as honked at them.. So don't tell me you don't think it is a possiblity.. I mean JEEZ, you US guys have a sniper running around, and your telling me that somebody finding your car and screwing it up because of nodding a race to be set up will not result in someone getting ****ed, especially a dumb immature teenager??

I would laugh it was somebody our age because we have the experience to know right from wrong, but i mean kids are stupid because they lack the experience and the consequences of their actions.

Any ways sorry for sounding like i was flaming you, but i am just merely distrubed by you calling my post retarded...

ED
Educated 2k2 maxima driver LOL
Old 10-15-2002, 05:57 PM
pjalst

I love telling this story. I typically do not race. But I was going to work in August. Was going down Hwy 100 in MN. Was going about 60 MPH when this kid in a brand new Mustang pulls up and stares me down. Now as he does this I glance in my review mirror and see a state trooper sitting in the corner under a bridge we just passed and he pulled out into traffic with no lights. Now, granted, this all happened very fast. The kid looks at me and points a head as if to say "Lets go!" I nod my head and he guns it. He takes off like a bat out of hell from a starting point of about 65 MPH. I just watch him go, he looks back out his window as if to say I got you! Just as he does the state trooper guns it past me and pulls him over. I just caught a glipse of his radar and saw the first number as a 9. So he was going 90+ MPH. I just drove by him and honked. What is the lesson to be learned? LMAO, check your mirrors before you decide you want to street race. I hope he learned his lesson. I swear this kid could not have been a day over 16. I smiled all day at work. Im such a bastard. So in a sense it was my first kill in my 2003 SE.
I feel the kid deserves the Ticket. If you want to be a player, you have to know the game. If you want to drive around challenging people you should also be aware of your suroundings. He should of scanned the area before gunning it.

Now my problem with this story is the part about you saying you saw the radar readout. I know this is a minor detail, but I find it rather hard to believe that you could see the speed on the PO's radar. The LED on these units are 1/2 inch in size, a little less than an inch on the older models that are still around. If you and the PO were moving, I find it highly unlikely that you saw a reading. Most radar units have two LED readouts, one for the speed of the target and one for the speed of the Police car. Did you see the right one? Any cops here that agree?

Old 10-15-2002, 05:59 PM
Sanduguero

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
[B]I'm in the "never flash oncoming cars/think this is funny/disagree with palmer" camp. This kid should have looked around before entering 'race mode.' It's not 2003MaximaSE_TE's fault this kid got caught.

you are just an ignorant person!!
Old 10-16-2002, 03:34 AM

Originally posted by Matticus
The kid in the story must be your son Norm. I see a higher premium in your future. J/K
My son turned 31 this past spring. If he's found the Fountain of Youth and dialed back his appearance by 15 years or so I'm gonna have to have a little talk with him about holding out on the old man.

Norm

Quick Reply: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol