5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 05:17 PM

Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

I love telling this story. I typically do not race. But I was going to work in August. Was going down Hwy 100 in MN. Was going about 60 MPH when this kid in a brand new Mustang pulls up and stares me down. Now as he does this I glance in my review mirror and see a state trooper sitting in the corner under a bridge we just passed and he pulled out into traffic with no lights. Now, granted, this all happened very fast. The kid looks at me and points a head as if to say "Lets go!" I nod my head and he guns it. He takes off like a bat out of hell from a starting point of about 65 MPH. I just watch him go, he looks back out his window as if to say I got you! Just as he does the state trooper guns it past me and pulls him over. I just caught a glipse of his radar and saw the first number as a 9. So he was going 90+ MPH. I just drove by him and honked. What is the lesson to be learned? LMAO, check your mirrors before you decide you want to street race. I hope he learned his lesson. I swear this kid could not have been a day over 16. I smiled all day at work. Im such a bastard. So in a sense it was my first kill in my 2003 SE.
Old 10-14-2002, 05:19 PM

Moral: Dumb People buy fords..
Old 10-14-2002, 05:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That kid is in a mess with insurance. Speeding at 90mph+ and a teenager in a sports car? Yikes!!
Old 10-14-2002, 05:41 PM

Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Originally posted by 2003MaximaSE_TE
I love telling this story. I typically do not race. But I was going to work in August. Was going down Hwy 100 in MN. Was going about 60 MPH when this kid in a brand new Mustang pulls up and stares me down. Now as he does this I glance in my review mirror and see a state trooper sitting in the corner under a bridge we just passed and he pulled out into traffic with no lights. Now, granted, this all happened very fast. The kid looks at me and points a head as if to say "Lets go!" I nod my head and he guns it. He takes off like a bat out of hell from a starting point of about 65 MPH. I just watch him go, he looks back out his window as if to say I got you! Just as he does the state trooper guns it past me and pulls him over. I just caught a glipse of his radar and saw the first number as a 9. So he was going 90+ MPH. I just drove by him and honked. What is the lesson to be learned? LMAO, check your mirrors before you decide you want to street race. I hope he learned his lesson. I swear this kid could not have been a day over 16. I smiled all day at work. Im such a bastard. So in a sense it was my first kill in my 2003 SE.

Uhm,

So let me get this straight:

So you saw the cop and then you nodded at the kid to race knowing he hadn't seen the police cruiser?
Knowing it would get him into major trouble, maybe even lose his license if he was in a young driver=probation state?
And you see nothing wrong with that and are even proud enough of it to post it here?
Drivers are supposed to warn each other of cops, not trick each other up, to be caught in a bad way!
What did you have against this guy anyway, to do such a thing?

Fred...
Old 10-14-2002, 05:52 PM
Maxima06071

Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Originally posted by palmerwmd

Uhm,

So you saw the cop and then you nodded at the kid to race knowing he hadn't seen the police cruiser?
Knowing it would get him into major trouble, maybe even lose his license if he was in a young driver=probation state?
And you see nothing wrong with that and are even proud enough of it to post it here?
Drivers are supposed to warn each other of cops, not trick each other up, to be caught in a bad way!

Fred...
I guess he was trying ot teach him a lesson.

Old 10-14-2002, 05:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Originally posted by Maxima06071
I guess he was trying ot teach him a lesson.
Maxima06:

Hmm If I wanted to put a good spin on i,t I might try to agree with you.
The entire story just seems so cruel, I doubt it tho...

Fred....
Old 10-14-2002, 05:59 PM

Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

[QUOTE]Originally posted by palmerwmd

Uhm,

Fred...
[/QUOTE

I do not care about that kid. He will think twice now before he trys to hotdog it and kill someone. Yes, I found it very funny and would do it again. This is highway driving not the fast and the furious.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2003MaximaSE_TE
[i]

I do not care about that kid. He will think twice now before he trys to hotdog it and kill someone. Yes, I found it very funny and would do it again. This is highway driving not the fast and the furious.

Yes,

And I'm sure you always keep it at 55 on hiway 100 with it's smooth straight roads and perfect long range visibility.

Fred...
Old 10-14-2002, 06:04 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

wow.. I hope he doesnt see your car all unattended like sitting at the store... all by itself... and shiny and unscratched. I try not to provoke anyone on the road. He may have not figured it out, but still... Playing with stupid people is like playing with fire...
Old 10-14-2002, 06:06 PM

I think it's great that it happened. Punk kid learned a lesson very early in the game, probably saved him a lot of trouble and a lot of money in the long run.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by Tanman
I think it's great that it happened. Punk kid learned a lesson very early in the game, probably saved him a lot of trouble and a lot of money in the long run.
That is the way I feel. It happend to me at 17 and it has never happened again. I may have saved that kids life. Still finny though!
Old 10-14-2002, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by TimW
wow.. I hope he doesnt see your car all unattended like sitting at the store... all by itself... and shiny and unscratched. I try not to provoke anyone on the road. He may have not figured it out, but still... Playing with stupid people is like playing with fire...
Tim,

I am usually not about replying in anything less than a positive way about someone else's post.
Just couldn't help it in this unusual case.

Fred...
Old 10-14-2002, 06:10 PM

i got my 1st and only ticket drag racing while a cop was behind both of us but we didnt know it. we saw a car behind us but it was at night, and the kid was talkin smack so i gunned it. it really wasnt a race, i had him by 2 cars at 45 when i started to slow down then got pulled over. and i was 17, and nothing happened to insurance premiums or anything, but i wasnt going about 90 like the kid in the stang.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:11 PM
Maxima06071

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Maxima06:

Hmm If I wanted to put a good spin on i,t I might try to agree with you.
The entire story just seems so cruel, I doubt it tho...

Fred....
Agreed.

Old 10-14-2002, 06:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got a similar story...so my friend & I were on a 3 lane Avenue when this kid comes up to the red light in a brand new mustang...the light turns green & my friends guns it & kid in mustang guns it & kills my friend & we come up to the next red light....now what this kid doesnt know is that a state trooper just merged on the road from the highway & my friend sees this from the rearview mirror....so my friend is reving the engine making the car move back & forth in place like he's going to race...light turns green & kid guns it peeling the tires like crazy...cop is only a few yards back when this happened & immediately turned on his lights & caught up to the kid & pulled him over....I was laughing my a$$ off ...

Moral: Always look around especially rearview mirror when your going to race
Old 10-14-2002, 06:33 PM

Looks like this thread is indeed teaching us a lesson:

There is simply no driving etiquette left, even among enthusiasts..

Fred...
Old 10-14-2002, 06:34 PM

That was the point I was trying to make....

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6

I got a similar story...so my friend & I were on a 3 lane Avenue when this kid comes up to the red light in a brand new mustang...the light turns green & my friends guns it & kid in mustang guns it & kills my friend & we come up to the next red light....now what this kid doesnt know is that a state trooper just merged on the road from the highway & my friend sees this from the rearview mirror....so my friend is reving the engine making the car move back & forth in place like he's going to race...light turns green & kid guns it peeling the tires like crazy...cop is only a few yards back when this happened & immediately turned on his lights & caught up to the kid & pulled him over....I was laughing my a$$ off ...

So Fred, lighten up. You are going to give yourself an early death....at the hands of my Maxima.
=P
Old 10-14-2002, 06:38 PM

Re: That was the point I was trying to make....

So Fred, lighten up. You are going to give yourself an early death....at the hands of my Maxima.
=P
Hmm, maybe we should race...

Your 2k3 max against my almost stock first gen Q45?

Fred...

PS: I'll have to make sure it's in real OPEN terrain were you can't hide a cop to "teach me a lesson"
Old 10-14-2002, 06:47 PM

Re: Re: That was the point I was trying to make....

Hmm, maybe we should race...

Your 2k3 max against my almost stock first gen Q45?

Fred...

PS: I'll have to make sure it's in real OPEN terrain were you can't hide a cop to "teach me a lesson"
Or you can bring that and we can track it in my 1984 HURST/Olds if that makes you happy.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: That was the point I was trying to make....

Or you can bring that and we can track it in my 1984 HURST/Olds if that makes you happy.
Naww only daily drivers should count..

Fred...
Old 10-14-2002, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6

now that's cruel
Old 10-14-2002, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by BioMaxDDS
now that's cruel
I agree, that second story at the lites, reflected especially poorly on someone's ettiquette/decency.

Fred...
Old 10-14-2002, 07:15 PM

This is absolutely MEANEST THREAD ever...

You provoked this kid to race? Man, he is going to be in the HOLE for insurance.. let alone get beats for doing such stupidness..

you basically pushed this stupid teenager to do something bad.. Its like giving a 14 year old a cigeratte and saying its bad but its okay, hoping that the kid gets caught..

Hopefully this kid isn't a punk and comes after you (some teenagers have the weirdest morals)... and *** up your car....

I would have never expected this mean behaviour from maxima owners... but now i know, my fellow VQ35DE are devil worshippers HHAHAHA

ED
Old 10-14-2002, 08:06 PM

I can't believe how many people here feel sorry for some careless teenager in a mustang. I would have done the same thing and laughed my butt off all day just like 2003MaximaSE_TE. Although I wouldn't have posted about it where a bunch of sensitive people would defend some moron.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:21 PM

why is it always the kids in the mustangs? lol just the other night im sittin at a red on a 2 lane road and this red stang pulls up with this kid sittin in it. He just stares at me while we are sitting there, gives it a couple revs, i give him a rev for hahas, light turns green, and all the sudden screechin tires and hes off. he had a couple buddies with him and i hope he thinks he killed me with his superfast car. I mean im only 18 and him and his buddies looked pretty young. we all go through this stage when we first get our license and we all want the camaros and mustangs. I was like this at one point too and all i wanted to do was roll up next to someone and give it a couple revs hoping for a race so u could brag to all ur friends. some people get over this stage early, some take years, and some need an experience which directly affects them that will show them what the consequences of street racing can be. Ive learned my lesson after seeing too many friends' cars totaled... i try to save my races for the track...
Steve
Old 10-14-2002, 09:04 PM
Banned

Originally posted by TimW
I have to agree with Tim on this part. You had the last laugh today, but that kid may get the last laugh on you tomorrow. Some kids will get scared from the cop catching him, and will think twice before starting a street race. Others are complete whack-jobs and will look to get you back in spite anyway they can. Just be careful.

My .02
Old 10-14-2002, 09:06 PM

No your mis understanding..

Sure the teen is a moron, but provoking the teen would make you a moron because you are basically DARING him, thus peer pressuring him to do something stupid. And with teenagers not being mature, they make stupid decisions, which leads in to accidents or when in his case, would be teh COPS..

Friendly races here and there are fine, but the real problem lies with people who do it on streets where there are innocent people..

Let me aask you this, wasn't this on a lone stretch of highway?

And i am not sensitive, i just wouldn't want to be setup like that.

Also, you @sses that enjoy kill stories in maximas with other vehicles are now contradicting by eliminating any test of fury with car racing..

Don't get me wrong i don't endorse street racing, however a friendly race up to the speed limit is acceptable in my books.. and also in the books of many police officers...(i have asked)

Ed
Old 10-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Eat Naaawwwzzzzz

TO tall the sensative folks,
Its a cruel story, but it may have saved some lives. Giving these 16 year olds with mustangs sure teaches them a lesson, and i dont think hes paying the insurance either, its the dad. Did you ahve money to pay for a new stang and full coverage for it when u were 16, dont think so...
Anyways, what if someone was making a left turn onto the street in front of the stang? STang is looking for the light, and the max, not the road. What is ther was a last minute pedestrian, or cyclist?

Racing is for the track, thats why there are laws that ban street racing. He will learn his lesson and not toy with laws. Some people only learn from their mistakes. Insurance is a big price to pay, considering u need ful coverage for a new car

SO yea, if u wanna race, take urself to a desert or a track wheres its actually legal and not putting others lifes at risk, not to mention,
ur own.
Old 10-14-2002, 11:20 PM

I'm not sure if what you did was right or wrong. I have a similar experience I want to share though.

This took place probably a year or two ago. I have an automatic 4th gen with just an intake at the time. A black Pontiac V8 Firebird pulled next to me at the light. He reved up his engine at me signaling to me that he wanted to race. Before I reached the light, I remember a cop that was following me. When I was at the light, he was two cars behind me. Remembering that, I used my hands to gesture, "5 0", and pointed backward. He nodded and we both drove off slowly. I guess we drove a bit slow, the cop eventually passed the both of us up. After the cop drove off, he waved to me to thank me for letting him know about the cop. I waved back and turned. I know that if we did race, he would have roadkill me pretty good. So, all in all, it was a good experience.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:53 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
I'm not sure if what you did was right or wrong. I have a similar experience I want to share though.

This took place probably a year or two ago. I have an automatic 4th gen with just an intake at the time. A black Pontiac V8 Firebird pulled next to me at the light. He reved up his engine at me signaling to me that he wanted to race. Before I reached the light, I remember a cop that was following me. When I was at the light, he was two cars behind me. Remembering that, I used my hands to gesture, "5 0", and pointed backward. He nodded and we both drove off slowly. I guess we drove a bit slow, the cop eventually passed the both of us up. After the cop drove off, he waved to me to thank me for letting him know about the cop. I waved back and turned. I know that if we did race, he would have roadkill me pretty good. So, all in all, it was a good experience.

That's <exactly> how it should be done.

Fred...
Old 10-15-2002, 04:04 AM
Old Timer

I am a cop, and all I have to say is thanks. It's good job security for us. If you're stupid enough to be racing in front of the police, you don't need to driving at all. Don't get me wrong, it may seem fun, and hell, I've got a few kills of my own, but I in no way condone street racing. Yes its bad, but its gonna happen. And if this incident stops this young immature driver from doing it when its so damn obvious, then good! If you're gonna race when its obvious, then there's a posibility that you might hurt someone not even involved. If you race when there's absolutely nobody around, then yeah, there's still a posibility that someone innocent can get hurt, but it's not as likely. I'm laughing my A$$ off too.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:34 AM

Bravo! That's the way it should be done! Not to bash anyone, but I highly doubt that tricking someone into getting a speeding ticket does anything but spread bad mojo. You can justify it by saying it saves lives, but in the end it is just mean. I am just as guilty of street racing as EVERYONE ELSE here. Can anyone say they never got into a race? Don't get me wrong, I would rather lose a race than endanger property or people (ie: never cut people off) but I'm guilty as charged. Oh, where are the cops when everyone's HIDs are getting stolen? No money in that, pleanty of money in giving out tickets!
Old 10-15-2002, 06:38 AM

WTF that is total BS. A V8 Firebird pulls up next to a 4 door family sedan and wants to race?? That idiot deserves to be pulled over and worse. Hopefully he changed and no longers challenges family cars to race. Most likely he's bragging on firebird.org about how he beat that station wagon.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:49 AM

I think the issue was that the kid was suckered into the ticket. Baited, like the waving of a red flag at a bull. Playing those kind of games has no place on the road either. In the end, it's the kind of thing that's going to make that particular kid not think kindly about other drivers on the road or tend to be particularly courteous toward them. Especially toward Maxima drivers in this case.

2003MaximaSE_TE - Whether or not it stops him from racing (or at least from racing without first looking around) is not at all certain, so if you're trying to take that as justification for your behavior you're only fooling yourself. Just who has gained anything from the public bragging about it, anyway? You've lost a certain amount of respect with several members here, and the kid (and his friends) will probably (hopefully) never read it. Mustang kid's immaturity was probably a given. I'd have preferred to think more highly of a less youthful Maxima driver. Been disappointed before, I'll get over it this time too.

Norm
Old 10-15-2002, 06:56 AM

A couple of things to chew on...
It seems that there are really only 2 schools of thought on this subject...those that think a "punk kid" should be taught a lesson and those that feel there is a "code of honor" that should be upheld on the streets...

My questons is this:
How old is each of you? Those that have the benefit of wisdom through age are probably in the "teach that punk kid a lesson camp" and those in their mid-twenties/early thirties want to adhere to "etiqutte" Am I close? Since I am in the camp of "honor among criminals" I would agree with those that feel is nessecary to keep our roads safe. However, there is NO point in trying to teach a lesson to a new driver if they don't know for sure a lesson is being taught.

Street racing is illegal. Period. That doesn't make it not fun. Am I for taking it past the century mark on a daily basis through heavy traffic? No. Would I race someone in a Mustang who rolled up on a helpless 4dr sedan cruising on the empty highway looking for a "kill" story. Hell yes I would.

Incidentally the last car I owned was Cobra Mustang... I am 25
Old 10-15-2002, 06:58 AM

You are truly a moron...

Originally posted by MiniRX7
This is absolutely MEANEST THREAD ever...

You provoked this kid to race? Man, he is going to be in the HOLE for insurance.. let alone get beats for doing such stupidness..

you basically pushed this stupid teenager to do something bad.. Its like giving a 14 year old a cigeratte and saying its bad but its okay, hoping that the kid gets caught..

Hopefully this kid isn't a punk and comes after you (some teenagers have the weirdest morals)... and *** up your car....

I would have never expected this mean behaviour from maxima owners... but now i know, my fellow VQ35DE are devil worshippers HHAHAHA

ED

This has to be the dumbest reply I have ever replied to. So with that said, I will waste no more time.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:03 AM

That's what I do. Races should be friendly and never extreme (on the street). If my Escort Solo is going off and I see a nice quick car about to pass (like on interstate), I try to alert them as well.

Quick races to speed limit (and maybe a little bit over) should be fun for all, even if you get smoked. Respect each other for the risks and the kill.

In this case, it might save that kids life later, but it will definitely make him more observant in the future.

Just my .02 (Oh, and I am in the older category but absoutely believe in the etiquette frame of mind)

Shaydz
Old 10-15-2002, 07:04 AM

Yes I am so seeking your respect...

Originally posted by Norm Peterson
I think the issue was that the kid was suckered into the ticket. Baited, like the waving of a red flag at a bull. Playing those kind of games has no place on the road either. In the end, it's the kind of thing that's going to make that particular kid not think kindly about other drivers on the road or tend to be particularly courteous toward them. Especially toward Maxima drivers in this case.

2003MaximaSE_TE - Whether or not it stops him from racing (or at least from racing without first looking around) is not at all certain, so if you're trying to take that as justification for your behavior you're only fooling yourself. Just who has gained anything from the public bragging about it, anyway? You've lost a certain amount of respect with several members here, and the kid (and his friends) will probably (hopefully) never read it. Mustang kid's immaturity was probably a given. I'd have preferred to think more highly of a less youthful Maxima driver. Been disappointed before, I'll get over it this time too.

Norm
Good god you people need to lighten up. People post about kills in this forum all the time. I poseted a story about a young kid who was not smart enough to investigate his surroundings. I did not provke anything. He was the one that felt the need to come up to me and signal he wanted to race. It is his problem. And I am not concerned at all for my car considering I was 15 miles from my home 5 miles from work in a community that has over 1.5 million people. Im shaking in my boots.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:06 AM

Originally posted by Norm Peterson

Norm
I disagree that the punk kid was suckered into the ticket. Go back and read the first post, the kid initiated everything. It's no one's fault that he didn't see the cop. All he saw was a family sedan and a potential kill story. Big man challenging a family sedan to a race, he deserved the punishment.
Old 10-15-2002, 07:10 AM

That is the point I am trying to make...

Originally posted by Tanman

I disagree that the punk kid was suckered into the ticket. Go back and read the first post, the kid initiated everything. It's no one's fault that he didn't see the cop. All he saw was a family sedan and a potential kill story. Big man challenging a family sedan to a race, he deserved the punishment.

It is good to know some can read. And for the record I am 26.

Quick Reply: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol