5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 04:23 AM

Poor Kid Ahhhhh Haaaaa...Teach the Kid a lesson...maybe He will think twice Next Time...If There Is One, if Moms And pops Don't Take The Stang from Him!.....Lifes Too Short..He Shouldnt fu*k Around...Theres Too Many Young Teens Getting killed Over Stupid **** Like This....And Its Usually Unexperienced 16/17 Year olds....Cause They Dont know How To drive Good Enough Yet! There Still Young....Im Almost 20, And I Know Im Not A Perfect Driver Yet!...It Takes Quite A Few Years To Become "EXPERIENCED"......Don't You All Agree?!

ChRiS FrOm CoNNeCtiCuT!
Old 10-16-2002, 04:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Originally posted by pjalst

I feel the kid deserves the Ticket. If you want to be a player, you have to know the game. If you want to drive around challenging people you should also be aware of your suroundings. He should of scanned the area before gunning it.

Now my problem with this story is the part about you saying you saw the radar readout. I know this is a minor detail, but I find it rather hard to believe that you could see the speed on the PO's radar. The LED on these units are 1/2 inch in size, a little less than an inch on the older models that are still around. If you and the PO were moving, I find it highly unlikely that you saw a reading. Most radar units have two LED readouts, one for the speed of the target and one for the speed of the Police car. Did you see the right one? Any cops here that agree?
I totally agree. When you sign up for your license, you have taken a huge responsbility.. a vehicle that is considered a weapon. If you don't understand that..well.. wait for the tickets and court appearances to come up. That will make someone wake up and smell the consequences of your actions. If you're old enough to drive, then consider yourself an adult.

anyways, if he was looking at the radar in the cop car, he must have been going like 20mph or less. I know what you're saying about the LEDs cause once a cop stopped someone who was speeding, 60 is a 30, and I slowed down to a crawl <20mhp and was able to read the screen.

Andy
Old 10-16-2002, 05:09 AM

You are a retart...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MiniRX7
[B]03TE whatever your name is,

Don't act like i am stupid little kid, i bought my own maxima with my own cash, and i think i am not a retard but a young professional, who also have seen and been through lots of things in my life to justify my comments.. BTW, i am 25 years old..

Being that i used to be a dumb *** when i was a kid speeding on the highway (i got pulled over in canada at 200km/h but the cop let me off).. I learned a big lesson. Young teenagers are not mature enough to have licenses and us older guys should watch out and teach them in a better manner. I rather have an older guy tell me their experiences and the outcome of what can happen to you when you do this and than, as opposed to being laughed at for a stupid mistake..

I do not condone street racing and think it is very dangerous, however i see no problems with small bursts up to the speed limit ...

I have gone to the track for the first time, and i tell you street racing is nothing like track racing.

But don't you ever call me a retard because maybe you just don't know. I used to know people when i was younger (and stupid) that would follow you home and mess you up, if you so much as honked at them.. So don't tell me you don't think it is a possiblity.. I mean JEEZ, you US guys have a sniper running around, and your telling me that somebody finding your car and screwing it up because of nodding a race to be set up will not result in someone getting ****ed, especially a dumb immature teenager??

I would laugh it was somebody our age because we have the experience to know right from wrong, but i mean kids are stupid because they lack the experience and the consequences of their actions.

Any ways sorry for sounding like i was flaming you, but i am just merely distrubed by you calling my post retarded...

And your education level does not impress me. Nor does your background. I am 5 classes from my MBA. Oh so impressive. Here let me sum it up for you. What does arguing on the internet and winning a gold medal at the special olympics have in common. Either way you are still retarded afterwards.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:59 AM

Re: You are a retart...

Originally posted by 2003MaximaSE_TE
And your education level does not impress me. Nor does your background. I am 5 classes from my MBA. Oh so impressive. Here let me sum it up for you. What does arguing on the internet and winning a gold medal at the special olympics have in common. Either way you are still retarded afterwards.
Seems like you're running out of ammunition, '03. The Special Olympics slur (yes, I've seen its accompanying *.jpg) is not even remotely related to the issue here, though it is consistent with an attitude of disrespect for others.

Hope the kid has learned the right lesson.

And that you've learned that it's really not cool to gloat over somebody else's trouble in which you played a part in causing (no matter how minor that might have been). Seriously.

Norm
Old 10-16-2002, 07:08 AM

Re: Re: You are a retart...

Originally posted by Norm Peterson

Seems like you're running out of ammunition, '03. The Special Olympics slur (yes, I've seen its accompanying *.jpg) is not even remotely related to the issue here, though it is consistent with an attitude of disrespect for others.

Hope the kid has learned the right lesson.

And that you've learned that it's really not cool to gloat over somebody else's trouble in which you played a part in causing (no matter how minor that might have been). Seriously.

Norm

Norm, I will no longer reply to this thread. You have aided in the loss of brain cells on my part. I will know have to work and extra 10 mins today to attempt to regain them. The level of stratification on this board is amazing. Well, off to managers meeting. Management is so fun at 26!
Old 10-16-2002, 08:00 AM

Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Again, I think everyone'missing the point. Palmerwnd, similar situation, my friend. Both were guys driving their cars in a less-than-mature fashion. So the witnessing parties did nothing to curb their juvenile behaviour. Consequently, they paid a price for their behaviour. My feeble storytelling probably didn't get that across as well as I would have liked.

If you want to be a player, you have to know the game, says Pjalst.

I heartily second that.

And let's assume (for a minute) that yes, '03SE_TE entrapped this poor dumb kid into giving himself a ticket. That's kind of an uncool thing to do. But who here among us has not seen a Mustang driver acting like an arsehat? Whooptie-doo.

Sixteen or not, you get that little piece of plastic that says you're a motorist, you take all the stuff that comes with it, the good, the bad, and the consequences of your actions.

'03SE_TE nodded his head-he didn't put a gun to this kid's head and say, "RACE!" The Mustang's gas pedal was under the kid's foot, not '03SE_TE's.

Everyone's reading too much into what '03SE_TE (you need a shorter name, man...) did. Some of the guys here seem to think that '03SE_TE should have held up a handwritten sign that said "COP BEHIND U -->."

Give me a break.

Everyone also needs to lighten up.

Norm, are you and Magellan (board member) related at all?
Old 10-16-2002, 08:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

Originally posted by hollywood7301
. . . Norm, are you and Magellan (board member) related at all?
Not that I know of. But we both hail from a time where driving courtesy was to be expected rather than just occasionally present. That, combined with a somewhat longer view of the whole driving experience - about 37 years worth in my case, Magellan's is probably a bit more than that - perhaps gives us a slightly different perspective on things than many of the other members have.

Call it "life experience". And I've been trying to share one little piece of it.

Norm
Old 10-16-2002, 09:58 AM

I'm personally stuck in the middle (one side of me feels the kid deserved it and the other feels it was kinda low).
However, I have a question for 2003MaximaSE_TE.

Would you have done the same thing if:

1) It was a 16 year old kid driving a Maxima
2) A 30+ year old driving a Maxima
3) A 30+ year old driving a Mustang

I'm just wondering if you did this because of how old the driver was and what car he was driving. In other words, did you want to teach a kid a lesson, did you want to teach a Mustang driver a lesson or did you want to teach any driver a lesson (regardless of age and car)?

I'm really just curious. I'm not asking to flame whatever response you might give if you do give one (although maybe Norm and Fred will hehe)
Old 10-16-2002, 11:40 AM
pjalst

Re: Re: Re: You are a retart...

Norm, I will no longer reply to this thread. You have aided in the loss of brain cells on my part. I will know have to work and extra 10 mins today to attempt to regain them. The level of stratification on this board is amazing. Well, off to managers meeting. Management is so fun at 26!

There are managers at McDonalds too, and some younger than you.

Old 10-16-2002, 11:46 AM
pjalst

Originally posted by Axel
I'm personally stuck in the middle (one side of me feels the kid deserved it and the other feels it was kinda low).
However, I have a question for 2003MaximaSE_TE.

Would you have done the same thing if:

1) It was a 16 year old kid driving a Maxima
2) A 30+ year old driving a Maxima
3) A 30+ year old driving a Mustang

I'm just wondering if you did this because of how old the driver was and what car he was driving. In other words, did you want to teach a kid a lesson, did you want to teach a Mustang driver a lesson or did you want to teach any driver a lesson (regardless of age and car)?

I'm really just curious. I'm not asking to flame whatever response you might give if you do give one (although maybe Norm and Fred will hehe)
Age may be a factor here but Maturity level is the issue here. There are 30 year olds that would have gunned it after recieving a nod and there are 16 year olds that would have declined the challege. It's all about Maturity and knowing your consequences.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:02 PM

Age may be a factor here but Maturity level is the issue here. There are 30 year olds that would have gunned it after recieving a nod and there are 16 year olds that would have declined the challege. It's all about Maturity and knowing your consequences.
I agree maturity is more important than age but maturity is harder to measure through a car window Although there are exceptions everywhere, statistics show the older the person, the more mature they usually are...(again, I know there are exceptions so don't bother replying that you can name 10 people that are old an immature or young and mature)

Old 10-16-2002, 01:17 PM

ah, the .org

2003MaximaSE_TE,

On the original post--good, funny story. Some people here take things way, way too seriously.

The other guy's story about rocking the car at the light was very funny as well.

The responses have gone to the serious side, so lets address those:

--those of you who say he wasn't "courteous" are full of it, in my humble opinion. If you were so concerned about courtesey, you would never, ever street race. Its not courteous to kill innocent people, and as a matter of fact, its not very courteous to kill yourself--someone might miss you.

Sure, that's melodramatic, but wasn't there a racing poster here who died doing this? And how many times do I have to read about some young guy killing an innocent bystander with his street racing.

As someone said, the Fast and the Furious isn't supposed to be real life, folks.

As well, I consider most guys who pull up to you and rev their engines to be immature at worst, and/or pr**ks at best.

Yeah, I'm 32, but I've felt this way since I was 16. If you want the autobahn, go there. If you mod your car to get it up to high speeds for your track races, well fantastic. But endangering other people's lives is not courteous.

So, if one more racer boy is "helped" into getting a ticket, then not only is it funny, its great.

I get a ton of help and advice on this board, (maybe not after this post) so its been good to me in my very short time as a Maxima owner. But the "kill" threads make me wonder if the average participant on this board is under 22.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:59 PM

This thread has nothing to do with the morality of racing but everything with setting other up on purpose for a ticket because they didnt like them.

The posters of both stories
were simply acting out of spite not out of a moral crusade...

It was clear from their posts, but this is getting very tiresome and has all been pretty clearly refuted in earleir posts here if PPL bothered reading them.

Fred...
Old 10-16-2002, 02:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by palmerwmd
This thread has nothing to do with the morality of racing but everything with setting other up on purpose for a ticket because they didnt like them.

The posters of both stories
were simply acting out of spite not out of a moral crusade...

It was clear from their posts, but this is getting very tiresome and has all been pretty clearly refuted in earleir posts here if PPL bothered reading them.

Fred...
This is some hilarious stuff. Leave it to Mister Rogers to try and ruin it.
Old 10-16-2002, 03:17 PM
pjalst

Re: ah, the .org

Originally posted by cedarpark
2003MaximaSE_TE,

On the original post--good, funny story. Some people here take things way, way too seriously...

People tend to take things that can cost you your life seriously. Yeah tickets won't cost you your life, but excessive speed can.

Old 10-16-2002, 04:58 PM

Re: Re: ah, the .org

People tend to take things that can cost you your life seriously. Yeah tickets won't cost you your life, but excessive speed can.
That was exactly my point pjalst--all the racerboy defenders beating the hell out of this guy when they should be taking a long look at who is more wrong--the racers, or the guy who doesn't warn the racers that a cop is behind him?

I find it funny, but the racerboyz get all po'd.

Fred, your posts are downright comical. Setting other people up? Sorry, dude, but you set yourself up everytime you mash on that pedal, period.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:33 PM

Old 10-16-2002, 06:54 PM
pjalst

Re: Re: Re: ah, the .org

That was exactly my point pjalst--all the racerboy defenders beating the hell out of this guy when they should be taking a long look at who is more wrong--the racers, or the guy who doesn't warn the racers that a cop is behind him?

Fred, your posts are downright comical. Setting other people up? Sorry, dude, but you set yourself up everytime you mash on that pedal, period.
Thanks Cedar, I'm just glad to know that there are other level headed mature people out there. We just need a lot more like you.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hey 03TE_SE

KISS MY @SS B!TCH..

I AM DONE HERE>..

ED
Old 10-17-2002, 03:47 AM

Re: Re: ah, the .org

. . . Yeah tickets won't cost you your life, but excessive speed can.
Within the context of this thread, that particular ticket could quite likely have been avoided.

And - horrors - the kid might have appreciated it. What did you have to lose?

Norm
Old 10-17-2002, 04:06 AM

Cedar,
I never said that the kid wasn't in the wrong. In fact I've specifically agreed with the list of his errors. But since he's almost certainly not reading any of this, it's pointless to go on and on here about what poor judgement he showed.

(I'm not a racerboy or po'd, just disappointed that grade-school attitudes still lie so close to the surface in some of our 20-somethings)

Norm
Old 10-17-2002, 06:28 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by MiniRX7
Hey 03TE_SE

KISS MY @SS B!TCH..

I AM DONE HERE>..

ED
Hmmm, very insightful and intelligent. Your ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Is your website still www.illiteratebootylicker.com? Headed there now

This event really has some of you guys' panties jammed in you *****. I'm curious to see how much longer this will be debated. I think the young punk learned a valuable (albeit potentially expensive) lesson at the hands of a complete jacka@@. Both were in the wrong. The kid will be more aware in the future and that is worth a few hundred dollars at least. I have forgotten the name of the starter of this thread (we shall call him cuntaliscous to save time) but if I were in the car with him I would have p!ssed and shat (past tense) in the passenger seat from laughing so hard.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:32 AM
OG and counting...

Originally posted by d_warner
I am a cop, and all I have to say is thanks. It's good job security for us. If you're stupid enough to be racing in front of the police, you don't need to driving at all. Don't get me wrong, it may seem fun, and hell, I've got a few kills of my own, but I in no way condone street racing. Yes its bad, but its gonna happen. And if this incident stops this young immature driver from doing it when its so damn obvious, then good! If you're gonna race when its obvious, then there's a posibility that you might hurt someone not even involved. If you race when there's absolutely nobody around, then yeah, there's still a posibility that someone innocent can get hurt, but it's not as likely. I'm laughing my A$$ off too.
That's something I can personally vouch for because I know cops and they look forward to peeps doing things like that. I recall an incident where an Intrepid was FLYING (90+) off of I-355 in front of an IL State Trooper in a black Z28. The next thing I saw was the trooper take off like a bat out of hell and nail the Intrepid.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:53 AM
pjalst

Originally posted by Norm Peterson

Within the context of this thread, that particular ticket could quite likely have been avoided...

That ticket could have been easily avoided if Mustang boy kept within the posted speed limit.

Old 10-17-2002, 06:57 AM
pjalst

Originally posted by PrinzII

That's something I can personally vouch for because I know cops and they look forward to peeps doing things like that.
It's not a matter of a cop looking foward to people doing things like that, It's a matter of the cop doing his/her job. Banging speeders is a part of public safety.

Old 10-17-2002, 08:56 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: ah, the .org

That ticket could have been easily avoided if Mustang boy kept within the posted speed limit.
I agree completely. And like I have been saying all along, if '03 had taken the high road, ethically speaking, by giving a warning of some kind instead of tacit acceptance of a race challenge, either the event would not have never happened at all or we would have been discussing the inability of young 'Stang drivers to understand simple warning signals.

Norm
Old 10-17-2002, 11:06 AM

Well, since this thread is so popular, I might as well contribute.

I thought it was funny.

And the kid is driving a brand new Mustang, he can afford a freakin' speeding ticket. In fact, his daddy probably paid for it anyways. So no harm done. The worst thing to possibly come out of it is that the kid had to undergo some verbal abuse from the cop. Much worse things could have happened.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:40 PM
I miss the .org!

I believe that what goes around comes around...
Old 10-17-2002, 05:50 PM

Re: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol

I love telling this story. I typically do not race. But I was going to work in August. Was going down Hwy 100 in MN. Was going about 60 MPH when this kid in a brand new Mustang pulls up and stares me down. Now as he does this I glance in my review mirror and see a state trooper sitting in the corner under a bridge we just passed and he pulled out into traffic with no lights. Now, granted, this all happened very fast. The kid looks at me and points a head as if to say "Lets go!" I nod my head and he guns it. He takes off like a bat out of hell from a starting point of about 65 MPH. I just watch him go, he looks back out his window as if to say I got you! Just as he does the state trooper guns it past me and pulls him over. I just caught a glipse of his radar and saw the first number as a 9. So he was going 90+ MPH. I just drove by him and honked. What is the lesson to be learned? LMAO, check your mirrors before you decide you want to street race. I hope he learned his lesson. I swear this kid could not have been a day over 16. I smiled all day at work. Im such a bastard. So in a sense it was my first kill in my 2003 SE.

Not cool....Not funny....That was wrong to set this kid up like that..Granted, he is not totally innocent but we have ALL been guilty of being stupid at some point...
Old 10-17-2002, 06:31 PM
Banned

You guys have to admit, 03SE_TE does admit he's such a bastard, but at least he's being honest about it. As for teaching the kid in the stang a lesson, I could see myself doing the samething, and even though some of you guys feel for the kid, the bottom line is there's more of a tendency (but not always) for younger person to Rev there engines, speed, pick a race off the line at a light with someone, and overall just act stupid. They do this once, get a high off of it, know they haven't gotten caught, and then do it again! And AGAIN! AND AGAIN!!

If the situation involved another guy, possibly the same age or older in the Stang, I'm willing to bet it wouldn't have been as likely, altho it could happen too. Overall, as most people have mentioned in this thread, it's pretty dangerous for a teen who just got their license a month ago to be driving a car as powerful as a mustang. An adult would have more experience in driving, and respect for the power of this car; which also could turn dangerous behind the wheel of a reckless person.

Just my .02
Old 10-17-2002, 08:02 PM
pjalst

Hopefully a lesson came out of all this and both parties came away wiser

Old 10-18-2002, 04:29 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by VQPowerSE
You guys have to admit, 03SE_TE does admit he's such a bastard, but at least he's being honest about it. As for teaching the kid in the stang a lesson, I could see myself doing the samething, and even though some of you guys feel for the kid, the bottom line is there's more of a tendency (but not always) for younger person to Rev there engines, speed, pick a race off the line at a light with someone, and overall just act stupid. They do this once, get a high off of it, know they haven't gotten caught, and then do it again! And AGAIN! AND AGAIN!!

If the situation involved another guy, possibly the same age or older in the Stang, I'm willing to bet it wouldn't have been as likely, altho it could happen too. Overall, as most people have mentioned in this thread, it's pretty dangerous for a teen who just got their license a month ago to be driving a car as powerful as a mustang. An adult would have more experience in driving, and respect for the power of this car; which also could turn dangerous behind the wheel of a reckless person.

Just my .02
I agree.
Except the only people who rev on me look like they're in their 50's!

Old 10-18-2002, 07:23 PM
pjalst

Originally posted by Maxima06071
I agree.
Except the only people who rev on me look like they're in their 50's!

I won't be 50 for another 12 years

Old 10-18-2002, 08:14 PM
Maxima06071

I won't be 50 for another 12 years
I won't be 50 for another 35years

Old 10-18-2002, 08:56 PM

I won't be 50 for another 35years
I don't think I am ever going to be 50 with my driving habits

On the bright side, after what happened to me today--there will be lots of changes and some already have occured.
Old 10-19-2002, 05:57 AM

What happened brother?

Originally posted by GLE02NJ

On the bright side, after what happened to me today--there will be lots of changes and some already have occured.

You ok?
Old 10-19-2002, 07:20 AM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by GLE02NJ

Oh man people suck at driving where I live, yesterday I had 3 people pull-out right in front of me! One was a Friggin' huge panel truck, needless to say he got a good honking to!
And a Good friend of mine came back here to go to College and just 5 days ago she was stopping for a school bus and she was rear ended by an unmarked police car! And if it wasn't bad enough HE DIDN'T get a ticket!!, and to make the situation ever worse HE WON'T pay for the Damages!! So she has had to take him to court.....I wounder who will win Bastard State of Alabama You suck!
The sooner I move back to Texas the Better!

Old 10-19-2002, 07:32 AM

Grasshopper learned a very valuable lesson that day!!!!!

Always check you surrounding because you never know who's watching you!!

it's hurt now but he'll be alright!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 07:30 PM

And Texas is that much better because??

Oh man people suck at driving where I live, yesterday I had 3 people pull-out right in front of me! One was a Friggin' huge panel truck, needless to say he got a good honking to!
And a Good friend of mine came back here to go to College and just 5 days ago she was stopping for a school bus and she was rear ended by an unmarked police car! And if it wasn't bad enough HE DIDN'T get a ticket!!, and to make the situation ever worse HE WON'T pay for the Damages!! So she has had to take him to court.....I wounder who will win Bastard State of Alabama You suck!
The sooner I move back to Texas the Better!

I know ALabama is the poorest and least educated sate in the union but what does tex has that is so much better?
Old 10-21-2002, 08:05 PM

Re: What happened brother?

Originally posted by TheOzzfather

You ok?
Yes I'm okay. I didn't crash but after what happened after school to my friends and I, I am sure we will be following the speed limit or a little over (I have the past few days and I hope to continue that).

I know ALabama is the poorest and least educated sate in the union but what does tex has that is so much better?
the Death Penalty for anything...so if that cop car hit his friends car, the cop would get the death penalty so he won't crash anymore.

Quick Reply: Hahahaha you HAVE TO READ THIS, my first kill involves police lol